#JOTW Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplated wg

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
Re: Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplate

bautifull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briolette

Shiny_Rock

The undercarriage is stunning! AND you have really pretty hands too!

IamKrysie

Rough_Rock

Oh, I love the way it all flows together.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Charmy, diamondrng, emerald, Dani, naty, lknvr, Grace, Iam for your kind words - and for following me on this saga ::)

love, Dreamer, DS - I like the thicker band too! I think it shows off the whole ring better - and I like that you can actually *see* it, clearly and easily!

MGR - Y'know that's an interesting question... If I had to guess I'd go w/ something like this a la Haven's new beauty, but I'm wondering if it would look strange to have those parts just attach in a different colour - maybe you'd need some new design elements at the junctions to make it look like a more deliberated switch?

MGRTwoTone_0.png

lbbaber - aww, thanks :)) it is a bit distracting, but it's hard to hold that grudge...

Farley, athena - yeah, definitely happy coincidence on the colour! I wasn't expecting that a different vendor could match it so well - I don't know if it's actually the same alloy of 18k, but it looks the same so I'm not inclined to inquire too closely..

pix, Suzy - WF did a REALLY nice job with it. I was very specific about what I wanted, and they spent so much phone-time with me exploring my options, discussing what they could fix to the letter and what they felt was better done a different way and why - I have to say, know how to keep customers happy and loyal :appl:

Rosetta - if I ever come to your part of the world - or you to mine - we'll be able to recognise each other easily enough..

slg - thank you! And - yeah, from following you 'round on RT, I'd guess that you do understand being picky 8)

naty - that's such a sweet thing to say, thank you. I'm so lucky to have them, and I plan on enjoying them for a very long time :))

briolette - haha lotioned up and everything, just for the pics!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Ooohhhh, I love the updated claw prongs - so dainty and beautiful. It must have been a while since I've oogled your ring, because the diamonds look even more ginormous than I remember!

And I love love love the newer thicker band in the matching color too. :love: :love: :love: They look perfect together, and I hope e-weddingbands can tweak it just enough to make you happy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1302562530|2893585 said:
Thanks Charmy, diamondrng, emerald, Dani, naty, lknvr, Grace, Iam for your kind words - and for following me on this saga ::)

love, Dreamer, DS - I like the thicker band too! I think it shows off the whole ring better - and I like that you can actually *see* it, clearly and easily!

MGR - Y'know that's an interesting question... If I had to guess I'd go w/ something like this a la Haven's new beauty, but I'm wondering if it would look strange to have those parts just attach in a different colour - maybe you'd need some new design elements at the junctions to make it look like a more deliberated switch? MGRTwoTone_0.png

lbbaber - aww, thanks :)) it is a bit distracting, but it's hard to hold that grudge...

Farley, athena - yeah, definitely happy coincidence on the colour! I wasn't expecting that a different vendor could match it so well - I don't know if it's actually the same alloy of 18k, but it looks the same so I'm not inclined to inquire too closely..

pix, Suzy - WF did a REALLY nice job with it. I was very specific about what I wanted, and they spent so much phone-time with me exploring my options, discussing what they could fix to the letter and what they felt was better done a different way and why - I have to say, know how to keep customers happy and loyal :appl:

Rosetta - if I ever come to your part of the world - or you to mine - we'll be able to recognise each other easily enough..

slg - thank you! And - yeah, from following you 'round on RT, I'd guess that you do understand being picky 8)

naty - that's such a sweet thing to say, thank you. I'm so lucky to have them, and I plan on enjoying them for a very long time :))

briolette - haha lotioned up and everything, just for the pics!

Thanks for the mock up. I would probably make the other two underbars in the same metal too leaving just the shank itself in a different metal. I do, however, think that it would take away from the integrity of the mounting as it is probably supposed to look like one continuous piece of metal winding its way around the stones - hey - maybe I should write prose instead of being diamond obsessed - ha!! At any rate, thanks for the picture - you're a real pal and your rings remains, as always, gorgeous!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Yssie-It looks great! I love the new WB too and agree that the slight tweak will make that perfect too:) The clawed prongs are :lickout:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

GAH! This ring just makes me :love: :cheeky: :lickout: every time I see it! The handshot you recently posted in Phoenix's RT thread is especially yummy.
So, so stunningly beautiful, Yssie.

MGR--I used to HATE two tone rings, and then I had one made. :cheeky: I really do love the contrast now. I think Yssie's idea about a few tweaks to make it seem more deliberate is spot-on.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you S&I & Bella!

MGR... given that prose doesn't sparkle, I'd say you've got your priorities right in line :halo: That said, as you say I don't think I'd do just the shank in a different colour - would be too bold a look for these sorts of swirly styles, I think. But, no doubt soon enough somewhere will do just that and it'll look fabulous and I'll have to eat my words, so who knows!

Haven - thank you! And your post made me laugh - the update is on pg9, in case you were wondering why this thread resurfaced from the dead ;)) Re. two tone - I have to admit, I used to really dislike it too - probably because I'd never seen it done well IRL. I think rings like yours and some of the other two tones on PS would make believers out of most people!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My current ering is two tone - platinum prongs and 18 kt. yellow gold shank. I love the contrast of the two metals!

This is a mock up of a Primak ring that could be made in two tone metals sized for my centerstone and current sidestones. I loved the look of it but the Primak name gives it a big pricetag and it is just for the mounting!

The other thing that holds me back is that when I originally tried on trellis settings, they just (or at least the ones I tried) did not look good on my hand. That's why I ended up with the straight prong look of my current ering. I've thought about changing the mounting countless times but somehow always back out. I think in order to go through the expense and nerve wrack of resetting, it would have to be for a different look - like the trellis - kwim?

primak.threestone.jpg

Bling-A-Licious

Rough_Rock

Hi :wavey: I'm a long time lurker and just joined Pricescope. I know you've heard it a million times but I have to tell you once again that your rings are just simply beautiful and perfect in every way :bigsmile:

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock

Wow, gorgeous e-ring!!! Love the finger coverage too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww thanks Bling, mussels (love your sn btw ::) )!

MGR - I just peeked at that setting :-o the Primak name does add a good bit to the cost! It's gorgeous though :love: I do know what you mean about it not being worth it financially - unless you have a very specific goal in mind, and have the steps to get there thoroughly outlined. I know I gave up quite a bit on my way to the finish line - live and learn, I guess!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

OMG OMG OMG, you are giving me naughty ideas!!!!!

SO PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bliss|1303420456|2902151 said:
OMG OMG OMG, you are giving me naughty ideas!!!!!
:Up_to_something:

Yssie--(edited)

Anyway, the crazy coincidence gave me a good excuse to come back in this thread and drool some more over your gorgeous ring! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bliss - high praise, from someone of your sparkliness!

Haven - ooh, really? :devil: didn't actually mean to give your system an early morning workout though :rodent:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1304007897|2907070 said:
Bliss - high praise, from someone of your sparkliness!

Haven - ooh, really? :devil: didn't actually mean to give your system an early morning workout though :rodent:
YES! It was really crazy. I stared at the logo for a moment before I realized that you were linking to the ring. :cheeky:
(I edited my last post now that you've read it.)

I like the phrase "someone of your sparkliness." I shall think of Bliss as Your Royal Sparkliness from now on. :bigsmile:

Mrs Jones

Rough_Rock

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your ring!! I would love to have such a pretty ring aswell.
Where did you have it made? And - if I may be that brutal - what did it cost?
Of course if you don't want to tell, thats fine.
:love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs Jones|1304677308|2913782 said:
LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your ring!! I would love to have such a pretty ring aswell.
Where did you have it made? And - if I may be that brutal - what did it cost?
Of course if you don't want to tell, thats fine.
:love: :love: :love:

Thank you! I adore it more every day :))

I had it made by WhiteFlash in Houston, TX, they're a PS vendor. It's now a WF in-house design http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/butterflies-3-stone-engagement-ring-230.htm - prices are listed on the page, which I think will be more helpful to you than my own custom quotes from years past -- custom projects are always pricier to accommodate the design process.

Link fixed*

Mrs Jones

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your quick response!
I would like to have a costume made ring just as yours (only smaller diamonds, I can't afford such huge ones...).
Unfurtunally we live in the Netherlands, which makes it difficult. Nickel is forbidden here...and I fell in love with the slightly warmer colour (compared to whitegold). If only I could order a copy of your ring :lickout: I love it especially after you had the prongs thinned!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know WF and other PS vendors are happy to work with international customers, though I'm not familiar with the procedures for shipping, etc. If custom work on one design or from some specific vendor is something you're interested in I'd definitely recommend at least sending off an email, see what they say, what costs are involved.

I think repair work would be problematic if nickel alloys are forbidden, so I wouldn't advise going that route without first scouting your local options.. I too fell in love with the colour, and I can't imagine there aren't other permitted ways to achieve it, or something similar! Another thing to ask about perhaps.

Mrs Jones

Rough_Rock

Thanks Yssie!
Does WF still have the details of your ring (thinkness metal, used material, etc)?
How can I choose my diamonds (I'm oversees ;-) )?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs Jones|1304679568|2913803 said:
Thanks Yssie!
Does WF still have the details of your ring (thinkness metal, used material, etc)?
How can I chose my diamonds (I'm oversees ;-) )?

I imagine they do! But if not I've got all my original specifications stored somewhere, and enough CAD plots that they should be able to recreate it without a problem - I'm happy to dig it up for you, if you like, though I think actually the changes for the stock version are minimal, if any!

If you start a new thread with your budget and some basics on what you're looking for stone-wise in the Rocky Talky subforum we can definitely help you there :sun:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Oooh Yssie and Haven, just seeing this! LOL Your Blinginess? Sparkliness? LOVE IT! LOLOLOL

I can't believe I just went through the entire thread again! Ohhhhhhhhhh, HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wear it in good health!!!!! Oh, just... WOW!

Mrs Jones

Rough_Rock

Same here!
I also just went through the entire thread again! Ohhhhhhhhhh, HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can not keep looking!!!! staring!!! gazing!!! Over and over and over again :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mrs Jones

Rough_Rock

Yssie|1304679900|2913805 said:
...though I think actually the changes for the stock version are minimal, if any!
Why did you decide to have a costume-made ring instead of the stock version?
I think the prongs in your ring (after the mini-makeover) are more subtle/thinner than the stock version.
And I adore the colour of your ring!!

Yssie|1304679900|2913805 said:
I imagine they do! But if not I've got all my original specifications stored somewhere, and enough CAD plots that they should be able to recreate it without a problem - I'm happy to dig it up for you, if you like...
My diamonds will be much smaller than yours (budgetwise, although diamonds in the USA are much cheaper than in the Netherands), so I don't know if all your original specifications will be necessary. Ordering by mail seems pretty risky...especially since I can not see the diamonds in real. But manu thanks anyway!! Thanks to you I found my dreamring!

**edited by moderator. please read our policies about posting personal information**

starshine

Shiny_Rock

This is one of my favorite rings, Yessie! I just love it! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I missed this thread! The diamonds and settings are amazing. I love how the side diamonds are partly tucked under the center diamond.

lil425

Shiny_Rock

Wow - Beauty of a ring and it looks GREAT on your hand!!!!! Is the setting a Royal Crown?

h1juhas

Rough_Rock

Yssie- I fell in love with your ring and have been stalking your pics of...I hope that doesn't sound weird!!! You have incredible taste!! I am going to have one made with your design in mind. Hope you don't mind:) imitation is the highest form of flattery:) just wondering if you could tell me the total weight of gold in your ring, how many grams of 18k gold?? Thx:) your ring is truly spectacular!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results