shape
carat
color
clarity

You''ve got to see this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

If ever there was a 'what not to buy'

I have just been talking with a lady on PS who has had a bad diamond buying experience on Ebay (is there any other kind?)

I had a look at what was actually on auction on the UK site, and I came up with this little stunner!

First the spec: I3 clarity, J-colour

Size: Wow a massive 2.04ct

Current bid price $200 (approx) with still 13-hours to go.

Already 22 bidders....bloody hell!

Anyone out there wanting the auction details, then just let me know. Don't all rush at once.....LOL

How on earth does light penetrate this murky rock? Folk on Ebay can obviously see something that I can't
33.gif

bug.jpg

Jopp

Rough_Rock
It looks more like a pearl!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
One person''s trash is another person''s treasure. Icky rock. "Bloody hell" is right, LOL, you''re so British! I want that accent!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
OUCH!!!
23.gif
It''s painful to look at!!! What a waste of $200...

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Well I am a Canadian gal --- and to me that looks more like a blizzard than "ice"!!!
31.gif
20.gif
And I do have a lot of personal experience in the snow storm department!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Let''s hope they just love the setting, and are planning on throwing out the diamond--it COULD be worth $200 then!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bloody Hell Bloddie and stone the crows! This 'diamond' DESERVES it's own thread! I saw it on the other one and immediately thought ice chipped out of a freezer and bunged into the setting quickly and photographed
30.gif
41.gif
It's just......well,....humph.... BIG?????? Your'e not planning on BIDDING on it are you, Bloddie me pal, as a little Xmas treatie for yourself?????? Come on, fess up......
face20.gif
One good thing it is nice and ICY WHITE.....

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That ring is not very attractive, but some people may actually prefer that rock to a very small SI2 + ...
The setting may be worth it though.

Also, I know many people hate buying on Ebay, but my wonderful man had a great experience with my ring. He got a 1.96 Square Emerald Cut (Asscher) GIA certified I, VS1 (EX, EX) in a heavy platinum setting from David Clay in San Francisco for about $5,000. For students in college, this was a great deal. He put the ring in an antique,diamond platinum setting he bought from an estate on ebay for $200 (cttw .40). It was appraised for a lot and when we looked a trading up this year we were offered $10,000 by a nice jewelry store that has lots of square emerald cut/asscher. I ended up keeping the ring though instead of selling it and getting a different one =)

dlg

Rough_Rock
What makes the ring so cloudy? Is it the clarity? Cut? Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both DLG
14.gif
14.gif
I should imagine it would be impossible to clarity map a stone like that and the cut quality is horrendous too, industrial grade diamonds which are fashioned into a solitaire shape
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone.

In conclusion, i just thought i would let you know what this ring's final selling price was on ebay.

$900

Blod
35.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A frozed spit diamond (God forbid) is better than no diamond at all (God forbid).
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results