shape
carat
color
clarity

Youthful MOB dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. I'm in a pickle. My mother is way more picky than I ever imagined her to be. Here I am - with two dresses (one wedding gown and one reception dress) each chosen in a total combined 3 hours....Here's my mom, 6 months of looking for dresses - and we can't seem to find ANYTHING that she likes!!!

She doesn't like the long gowns with the jacket that most mothers wear.
My BMs are wearing cocktail length dresses and she'd like to do the same - and she'd prefer a black dress (see!!!) haha! My mom is a cute, petite woman in her 50s looking for something that won't make her look old or frumpy.

Any ideas of what designers/brands/places we could check out the try to find something that is youthful and classy - we just can't seem to find the perfect outfit and I'm running out of PATIENCE!!!!!
32.gif

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cleo- my mom was the exact same way. She shuddered in horror at all the "jacket dresses" out there for the MOBs. She found a LOT from Jordan Fashions http://www.jordanfashions.com/ she really liked. She ended up finding something random at bridal shop during a hectic trunk sale, but this was her choice until then:

785_20159_large.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Misysu! Thanks for the suggestion! I''ll definitely check them out!!!

As for my mom - I picked out the dress that I would just love for her to wear. It''s a silk dupioni dress from Siri - I love the class and elegance it has while still being youthful...I know it''s considered a bridesmaid dress, but I feel that the neckline gives it a little more coverage that my mom would appreciate.

I need to force her to try it on as I really really think it would look great on her.

This is the dress - I''d love for her to get it in a dark silver color for the dress with a black silk waist.

Siri 2.jpg

largirl

Shiny_Rock
That''s really beautiful and I think the neckline is wonderful for an MOB!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
You could probably have a piece of lace or silk added to the V to show less cleveage. I love the dress!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Mustang, that is a fantastic idea! I think that''s why she''s a little reserved about this dress - because i recognize the fact that it does dip down pretty low for an older woman. A piece of fabric, lace or silk, would be absolutely perfect. Maybe she''ll be easier to convince if I throw that idea at her!

Thanks bunches!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Anytime!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried on that dress and the fabric and colors are gorgeous... but I''m very short and curvy and the sample dress did not seem flattering at all. It kind of looked like it swallowed me and just made me look larger. Hopefully it works better for your mom because its definitely an amazing dress and would look great on the right body type! They have lots of other dresses that would work for her too... I''m sure you''ve seen them all on the website. As for it dipping low in the front, if I remember correctly the sales lady told me that they sell extra fabric so you could buy half a yard or something and just add a little across the chest
1.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
if your wedding is formal, look under evening gowns at nordstrom.com. Tadashi makes wonderful things (though they can be really expensive, but for ideas at lease). I have the same issue as you do. My mum is 49, has a perfect body ( i mean it. . .she''s a freaking 34C-25-34) and she is absolutely classy and beatiful. A lot of the MOB dresses are really frumpy. this blue number is the one i''m going to try to slip my mum into. I know your mum wants to wear a short dress, but i think this black one is really stunning!

good luck!

perfectmob.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
too lazy to figure out more than one picture. i''m at work. :)

perfectmobback.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
and here''s the black one for ya!

mob dress.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for all of the suggestions! My mom came to visit today and we made an appointment at the local Bridal Boutique...we tried on several dresses/gowns and we finally found the dress for her! It gave her the sense of sophistication without being too matronly...Here it is! Watters and Watters in silk dupioni. I''m seriously relieved that she found something! I honestly thought we''d be searching forever!!!

product_image.php.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results