shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

changeling1988

Rough_Rock
I''ve been following these forums for a while and thought quite a bit about where to post this one in the forums. Not exactly a ''lady in waiting'' and ''show me your ring'' didn''t seem appropriate. I''m interested in your thoughts on this ring as I''ve been reading quite a bit here about Old Mine cut diamonds. I''ve already purchased this item and would like to find a reputable appraiser with experience in antique/vintage items of this age. There''s a neat story about this ring and somehow it just ''spoke'' to me...I just knew this was the one I was supposed to have.

Can you suggest appraisers that have a solid reputation? I''ve seen alot of info on here but don''t really know where to start so please forgive my ignorance. I live in Ohio but would be willing to ship if safe.

Here is what I was told about it...

"18kt yellow gold, 5 stone Victorian diamond band dated 1888-supposedly not a repro. Diamonds are D-E-F and clarity VS-1. The five Old Mine cut diamond''s weight is approximately 1.60 cts with center being .50 cts. "

I will post additional pics in additional forum posts for your review.

Many thanks in advance for your time and comments!

Vicki

nik728a.jpg

peachster

Rough_Rock
It is a very beautiful ring - I have its twin, and have always enjoyed wearing it, very sparkly.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers_OH.aspx

The above link is from the RESOURCES tab at the top of the screen.

I am in the UK and do not know of these appraisers. The ones who have been on the forum here for years which I would recommend are not in Ohio but are Rockdoc, Oldminer, Richard Sherwood, Neil Beatty.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Besides it being gold...I love it...it is very unique, and definitely something that not a lot of people would have...Its very elegant!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd contact David Atlas, he posts on here as oldminer, he's in Philadelphia.
730 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215-922-1926
www.gemappraisers.com

I know that he has a passion for the older cuts, so your ring would be in good hands.
Your ring is gorgeous, I adore OMC's!!!
30.gif

changeling1988

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your guidance and compliments. I''ve got several resources to contact to learn more about this beauty. Have a good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results