shape
carat
color
clarity

your thoughts on this CAD

joshlam27

Rough_Rock
Hi guys
i got this CAD from my jeweller. as this is my first time with this whole process, wondering what your thoughts were on this CAD? anything i should be looking out for? the band is supposedly a fishtail pave setting. thanks for your input

Pear 1.55ct angled view.jpg Pear 1.55ct side view.jpg Pear 1.55ct top view.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a CAD expert but IIRC they always look a bit chunkier than they actually are in real life - I presume because of polishing etc.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That’s been my experience - CADS chunkier than final piece
Looks fabulous!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Cads are always a looottt bulkier. For your question on cost, every custom project I have done the cad Cost is rolled in. It really depends on the metal that they are using and size of ring, which goes to metal again. So really depends on what your quote for the setting is, the metal, stone size, etc.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to consider may be if you want to wear another band with this ring and if so are you ok with a gap or do you want it flush. Your jeweler should be able to give you design options to accommodate however you intend to wear it.

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say the ring will look lovely and you have good taste. I have a soft spot for pears your lady will love it!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking at the CAD - I think that one concern I have are with the prongs for the pave in the band. The largish space between the prongs might rub and potentially catch in hair and clothing.

I do agree that the basket could also be slimmed down a wee bit to provide better fit for a wedding band.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with a couple of comments above - unless you will ALWAYS wear this ring alone, you're going to have a huge gap between this ring and any other ring you try to wear with it.

Also, even allowing for the bulkiness of CADs, the shank on this ring seems to have a *lot* of metal in it. The proportion of metal to diamonds seems very high, so that's something I'd be checking. What size is the melee? What width will the band be?

joshlam27

Rough_Rock
thank you all for the input. yes the setting wouldn't allow for a flush fit, but we would be getting a custom wedding band that would be made to fit flush.

i will also be getting the jeweller to do a CAD of it in a flush setting to see how it will look.

the widt of the band will be 1.8 mm

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not necessarily speaking of totally flush, but the setting is not going to look good with a band as it is even though it is technically possible to make an odd shaped band to fit around the head of the stone. That would not look good. It needs to allow a straight band even if there is a small gap.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results