shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on resetting these earrings?

missk8

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

I was given these earrings, but I don't know what the heck is going on with these settings....not my style. :roll: I believe these diamonds are .25 karat each. I would like to have them set in a thick gold or white gold bezel to simplify and modernize them a bit.

Is it worth spending the money to reset or should I save up to pay for a larger set of diamond studs?

I would love to know everyone's thoughts and ideas.

diamondearrings.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they look like really old settings. Can you tell if the diamonds are modern round brilliants or older cuts such as OEC's?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha that style use to be in years ago, I actually have a really ugly diamond necklace in the same style just in yellow gold :wacko: Sorry not sure about resetting them, you could go with just a plain setting that would update them nicely.

Fliphy

Rough_Rock
If you don't like the style, you can choose to reset them. A modern design is better

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, re-set them -- you could halo them to add size, either w/more diamonds or colored stones, or do some style of wider bezel. Or if they look too small to you for earrings, they'd make great sidestones in a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results