shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Rolling Ring--How is it holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of purchasing a tri-colored gold rolling ring from rollingring.com. I know that several members of PS have purchased them and based on previous threads have said they were impressed with the craftsmanship, quality, etc. I would like to know how they have held up? Now that it is 1-2 years later...Are they still meeting your expectations? Are you satisfied with the purchase? Do you still wear it? Do you regret not splurging and purchasing the Cartier?

Would love to hear feedback and I hope this is the appropriate forum.
1.gif

Chantilly

Rough_Rock
I can't answer your question regarding rollingring.com as my DH bought me the Cartier Trinity ring with diamonds as a push present for my first son.

I have to say though that it is definitely worth the money because it really is perfect craftmanship and the diamonds still sparkle like mad and I know they would not fall out (on the offchance that they did, I can always take it back to Cartier at any time and have them fix it).

Because it is solid and thick gold, despite my continual banging of it onto granite counters and whatnot, it still looks as good as new 6 years later. I would imagine that with this design, unless the rings are made of solid gold (versus being hollow) the rings might warp in shape from damage or wear and tear resulting in not rolling.

Hope this adds to your researching whether or not to go with Cartier or rollingring.com. Good luck!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 6:18:50 PM
Author: Chantilly
I can''t answer your question regarding rollingring.com as my DH bought me the Cartier Trinity ring with diamonds as a push present for my first son.

I have to say though that it is definitely worth the money because it really is perfect craftmanship and the diamonds still sparkle like mad and I know they would not fall out (on the offchance that they did, I can always take it back to Cartier at any time and have them fix it).

Because it is solid and thick gold, despite my continual banging of it onto granite counters and whatnot, it still looks as good as new 6 years later. I would imagine that with this design, unless the rings are made of solid gold (versus being hollow) the rings might warp in shape from damage or wear and tear resulting in not rolling.

Hope this adds to your researching whether or not to go with Cartier or rollingring.com. Good luck!

Thank you Chantilly. I am wondering if I don''t opt for the Cartier but rather rollingring.com..If that whole "Mind Clean" thing will sneak up on me?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo, I have a Cartier and love it :) I bought mine used and it still looks great!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a rolling ring from rollingring.com, and it is holding up wonderfully. It still looks beautiful, as do the diamonds, and I still get compliments on it all the time. I have a friend who has the Cartier version (though hers is just gold, no diamonds) and you can''t tell the difference between the two.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly wish I could tell you, but I lost mine in August 2008! I took it off to wash my hands in a convenient store restroom and left it on the counter there. Didn''t realize it until the next day. D''oh. I had the WG, thick band, one band w/ diamonds version and I got it before gold skyrocketed so it wasn''t worth it for me to replace. A sad, sad day, though.
7.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to buy the rolling ring version purely to save money and was all set to buy a few years ago but I had a ''miscommunication'' with the seller and decided not to go ahead.

Fast forward to this year and DH bought me the cartier version. I think even if I had bought the rolling ring copy, I would still pine for the real deal. So I feel it all worked out for the best.

Don''t forget to keep an eye on the reputable resellers for a ''new-to-you'' (second hand) version.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results