shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Original Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have photography facilities but I was wondering is it possible for these who are or have upgraded their original engagement ring to post photos of the original engagement ring.

I know the show me the ring thread on engagement rings are wonderful but just wondered if anyone like myself had a tiny or not so good diamond engagement ring they could show? They are all beautiful because of the meaning behind them.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Hey that would be kind of cool. There are a lot of people on PS who get upgrades, it would be cool to have a Before & After thread (like the e-ring folder) where you could see upgrades with the originals.

Also might make newbies a little less in awe ...
3.gif
... Some PSers have astounding rings but they didn''t get that when they first got engaged!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great idea! It means I''ll hve to figure out how to scan my pics since 20 years ago they weren''t digital, but I think it sounds like fun. (plus my hand probably didn''t have the wrinkles it does not, so I''d have one of those young, smooth hand pics that the newly engaged tend to have
2.gif
).

Ok -- off to the archives......

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
We are in the process of upgrading my set, for our 10th anniversary.
My new e-ring setting and a matching band (that will be my "anniversary band" since I will wear both with my original WB) will be in this week. We are also starting the search for a new diamond (bigger
9.gif
and better cut
3.gif
).

I have always loved these rings, but after ten+ years, I''m ready for something new!

Here''s my current set: platinum Tiffany-style 6-prong solitaire and 3.5mm platinum band, engraved w/ milgrain edge

b4.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My original ering & wedding band were in yellow gold, with small RBs channel set in each. I had all the stones reset into one platinum ring a few years ago. Part of me wishes I hadn''t...I debated a long time, but did it in the end. I wear this on my right hand.

1.gif

ering.collage.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic of my original set. Tiffany style 6 prong with plain platinum band. ooo, sorry the pic is soo big
20.gif

oldset00.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is very fuzzy, but my original diamond was a 5/8c stone on a 4mm yellow gold band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 8:48:59 PM
Author: bluedawg

My new e-ring setting and a matching band (that will be my 'anniversary band' since I will wear both with my original WB) will be in this week. We are also starting the search for a new diamond (bigger
9.gif
and better cut
3.gif
).

I have always loved these rings, but after ten+ years, I'm ready for something new!

Here's my current set: platinum Tiffany-style 6-prong solitaire and 3.5mm platinum band, engraved w/ milgrain edge

Bluedawg- ok this is crazy..our "old" sets are very similiar and our "new" sets will be very similiar as well and i think our rings sizes are just about the same...hmm, i must say i think you have very good taste...I can't wait to see your new set b/c your's will be complete waaaay before mine
36.gif
and i'll get a really good idea of what the set will look like on my size hand
36.gif
2.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 10
6.gif
0:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/2/2005 8:48:59 PM
Author: bluedawg

My new e-ring setting and a matching band (that will be my ''anniversary band'' since I will wear both with my original WB) will be in this week. We are also starting the search for a new diamond (bigger
9.gif
and better cut
3.gif
).

I have always loved these rings, but after ten+ years, I''m ready for something new!

Here''s my current set: platinum Tiffany-style 6-prong solitaire and 3.5mm platinum band, engraved w/ milgrain edge

Bluedawg- ok this is crazy..our ''old'' sets are very similiar and our ''new'' sets will be very similiar as well and i think our rings sizes are just about the same...hmm, i must say i think you have very good taste...I can''t wait to see your new set b/c your''s will be complete waaaay before mine
36.gif
and i''ll get a really good idea of what the set will look like on my size hand
36.gif
2.gif
I just thought the same thing, mrssalvo! I actually love the look of our sets-- so simple and classic. They let the diamond be the star... I still like to wear my WB all on its own somedays. I feel so... married. LOL But I am so excited about my new set... and well, I''m sure you can relate to the diamond lust. Hubby is SO fueling the fire by suggesting we go look at a 2 ct next week. Bad hubby!

What size do you wear? My WB is a 3.5, but I had my e-ring sized up to a 4+ when I got that eternity band (the one that hurt and started the whole upgrade ball rolling). Now it just spins around and around... I ordered my new set in a 4 (for fear that three rings worn together would feel too tight if I got my actual size). I hope they''re not too big! At any rate, I''m not sending them back.
9.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Although I didn''t upgrade my diamond I upgraded my setting! Here is the original:

DSC01153_1.jpg

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
And here is the new setting:

DSC01187_3.jpg

elmo65

Rough_Rock
mingagreen--

Love your new setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much Elmo It was somewaht of a rough ride!! I love it too. It is funny b/c I live in a very small town where the average woman has a very plain ering and I can tell people are looking at me and my ering wondering if I am a "local"!! I love where I live and appreciate the simple things in life, but I LOVE diamonds and I am only getting started!!!!!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/2/2005 9
6.gif
4:59 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
My original ering & wedding band were in yellow gold, with small RBs channel set in each. I had all the stones reset into one platinum ring a few years ago. Part of me wishes I hadn''t...I debated a long time, but did it in the end. I wear this on my right hand.

1.gif
Hi Jennifer,
Why the regrets? I think it looks lovely. If you wear this on your right hand, what do you wear on your left?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Rosy,
You can see Jennifer''s wedding set in this thread

It''s the 3rd set posted on the page and was posted by Mara. You''ve gotta take a look, her set is absolutely breathtaking,

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
This picture is of my original ring that my husband put on my finger almost 10 years ago...

This is the link where you can now see my upgraded ring, which we picked up this past week.... Click Here

Original2.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
This is what my original set looked like. The stone in this picture is a slightly bigger CZ that I bought to wear on vacation. It''s .75 carats. My original diamond in this setting is now set in the pendant in my avatar. It is .57 carats. I wore this set for 11 years. Forgive the talon like fingernail in the picture. I just removed some nail polish and was getting ready to file my nails and re-polish.

earlset.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results