shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on these numbers, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
What does this tell you about the cut?

Round
Diameter: 6.99 (6.95-7.02)
crown angle: 34.8
crown height 14.7%
pavil angle 41.0
pavil depth 43.1%
culet: 0.7%
table size 57.2%
total depth: 61.2%
girdle thick 1.0-1.4 %

I didn''t get exact carat weight - about 1.25 roughly
It looked very, very pretty in person.

Thank you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
not my favorite combo, but it''s not too bad! who graded it?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2006 3:46:05 PM
Author:dbgaap

It looked very, very pretty in person.

No reason why it shouldn''t, IMO
2.gif

I do not have a favorite set of numbers at all, and this set of stats sounds good as much as I can tell with a (hopefully) educated guess
12.gif
perhaps a few things could turn the looks of the diamond a disappointment (for me) despite the stats - but that would be mostly a matter of taste than ''quality''. If you did like it, that''s that.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a GIA cert. stone.
The numbers came off a Sarin report.

My main interest was in looking at color.
I''ve been wearing a J (and it''s beautiful!)

And i am amazed at how popular J''s have become!

But for me, I am ready for a change and I thought I''d look at some colorless stones, as opposed to going bigger.

I kept picking out the whiter stones, so I guess I''ve evolved into being color-picky

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so what color is it?
31.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
E !

It looked amazing!

I don''t know if I was just being lucky, but I was able to pick out the whiter stone every time, even between D''s & E''s.

This was the only one with a cut I liked and inclusions i could live with.
It is another I-1, so that''s where I am saving the $$$

But I have never minded the feathers in my current I-1

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool!
yeah, feathers can be good inclusions
2.gif

sounds like you''ve found something that you love! congratulations!
36.gif

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
I just bought a similar stone, 1.24 with a 41 degree PA

The PA and CA angles look look nice (GIA Ex, AGS1) assuming all other factors are typical.

What''s the price, color, clarity, polish, & sym? The 1% variance in diameter measurements perhaps hints that the sym is "good" (not VG or Ex)

Does it have an 2006 cert? That will provide the GIA Cut Grade, star and lower half lengths. If the cert is 2005, you can find this on the GIA report check, you will need the cert# and exact weight

Sincerely,
David

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
houseparty, you sound like a jeweler yourself.
The sym & pol are vg and vg.

The stone fits into my upgrade budget (I did expand from $2000 to $3000 plus trade-in of a well cut 1 carat J I-1).

This stone is larger than I absolutely must have. I just want to stay at 6.5mm or slightly more.

After looking at stones today, I am convinved that I want D-E-F for a crisp white look against my fair-colored skin.

So, with my budget, it''s all about finding an eye-clean stone.

I am a little worried about the inclusion on this 1.25. It isn''t all that big but it is a knot which looked like a crystal within a crystal beneath the microscope.
It wasn''t too big, but it was a bit dark.

It''s just the stone is quite a bit larger than I had expected, so that was a bonus.
Whiteness + size made a noticeable difference.

well, I will sleep on it.....

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Hi dbgaap,
Thanks for your kind comment. I''m new to this, but obsessive.

Since the P&S are "VG", this should result in a GIA cut grade of "Excellent", but I would want to make sure before I bought the stone. If the cert is 2006, the cut grade is on the cert. If the cert is 2005 you can likely find the cut grade on GIA report check - or - if you give me the cert # and ct wt, I can look it up for you. I know many people, myself included, knock the new GIA cut grade system, but I think having an updated cert with an "EX" cut grade increases the marketability of the stone, especially in the future, so that would be a minimum requirement.

The HCA on this stone is 2.1 which is 2.1 "Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right". This system favors stones on the shallow side of ideal and yours is not, so take that with a grain of salt.

It appears that you favor color over clarity, and that is your prerogative. In terms of size, I would encourage you to stretch for an 1.2ish. Usually the size to price relationship is exponential, but between 1.0 and 1.2 the cost per carat is pretty stable, so 1.2ish seems like a great value.

It appears that you are trying to upgrade with a B&M store, and that may be the right choice for you, but it was not for me. I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best deal on the new stone (bigger $ transaction), and my old stone was a "commercial cut" (bought before the internet and I was ignorant) which was not very marketable, so I sold that one first. I do not know how marketable your current stone is, but if it well cut with a GIA cert you may be able to trade up with an e-jeweler, who can offer you a great selection and perhaps a better price. Best wishes.

Sincerely,
David

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 2:37:52 PM
Author: Houseparty
Hi dbgaap,

Thanks for your kind comment. I''m new to this, but obsessive.

Since the P&S are ''VG'', this should result in a GIA cut grade of ''Excellent'', but I would want to make sure before I bought the stone. If the cert is 2006, the cut grade is on the cert. If the cert is 2005 you can likely find the cut grade on GIA report check - or - if you give me the cert # and ct wt, I can look it up for you. I know many people, myself included, knock the new GIA cut grade system, but I think having an updated cert with an ''EX'' cut grade increases the marketability of the stone, especially in the future, so that would be a minimum requirement.

The HCA on this stone is 2.1 which is 2.1 ''Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right''. This system favors stones on the shallow side of ideal and yours is not, so take that with a grain of salt.

It appears that you favor color over clarity, and that is your prerogative. In terms of size, I would encourage you to stretch for an 1.2ish. Usually the size to price relationship is exponential, but between 1.0 and 1.2 the cost per carat is pretty stable, so 1.2ish seems like a great value.

It appears that you are trying to upgrade with a B&M store, and that may be the right choice for you, but it was not for me. I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best deal on the new stone (bigger $ transaction), and my old stone was a ''commercial cut'' (bought before the internet and I was ignorant) which was not very marketable, so I sold that one first. I do not know how marketable your current stone is, but if it well cut with a GIA cert you may be able to trade up with an e-jeweler, who can offer you a great selection and perhaps a better price. Best wishes.

Sincerely,

David

Hey David! Go to WHO''S WHO, willya''???!!!
1.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results