shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions needed choosing between 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sam234

Rough_Rock
I''ve narrowed my center stone to 2 diamonds. I need everyone''s opinion on which to choose.

Diamond 1
GIA
Cushion cut
1 carat
E color
VS2
60% table
64.5% total depth
Medium girdle thickness

Diamond 2
EGL
Cushion cut
1.24 carat
F color
VS2
64% table
67% total depth
Thin girdle

Both diamonds have excellent clarity, and I admit I have trouble finding the difference between E and F. I''m concerned with diamond 2''s proportions as the table and total depth seem wrong for a cushion cut, also not sure if a thin girdle is good since the setting holds the diamond by the girdle. However, diamond 2 seems a bigger and is of comprable quality and color. I''m leaning towards diamond 1 due to the excellent proportions and gia quality. I would also like to see the diamond I purchase appreciate in value. Which would you choose?

sam234

Rough_Rock
What information do you need? I myself was a little concerned with the girdle. How easy would it be to chip a thin girdle? I''ve listed the dimensions for each diamond below as per the certificates.

Diamond 1
6.58 x 5.25 x 3.40
polish: good
symmetry: good
culet: very small

Diamond 2
6.81 x 6.12x 4.10
crown height 12%
pavilion depth 52%
polish: very good
symmetry: very good
culet: none

Both diamonds have

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushions can''t be selected without pictures. Too much variation in appearance.

sam234

Rough_Rock
Well, I guess it comes down to personal preference then.
Diamond 1 is like letter C, while Diamond 2 is a like letter A. Of these types of cuts, which do you prefer and why? What are the main differences?
modern%20cushion%20comparison2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results