shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion please on these antique rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fave is the second ring - so beautiful and more ornate - love the scalloping on the sides. I also like the ebay ring a lot--it''s very interesting visually, and I love the cut of the center stone, though I still prefer the second ring out of all of them!!!

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Oh, these are all such lovely examples! Have you tried on any similar settings to see what works on your hand?

I ask because I was in the market for a (much smaller!) vintage diamond and looking at the usual suspects online in order to get a feel for pricing and styles. I''m lucky: my city has a tiny, non-glitzy, one-man shop whose owner specializes in the old cuts. [When asking around town about old cuts, everyone said the same thing: "You need to go see Sol." Ha.] Online I was very drawn to styles like your #2, but when I got to Sol''s and test-drove that setting, it was just too much for my finger/hand/lifestyle. If you *haven''t* tried anything similar on/know what you prefer in rings, then I guess I''m hoping you haven''t gotten too attached at this point--if that''s possible with these lovelies!

That said, I''m really drawn to #1 and #3.

Have you looked at Fay Cullen''s site yet? Some of the rings are vintage, some "vintage-style."

This $3500 European cut may be too small at .64, but it is certified as an H/VS and the setting reminded me a bit of the Tiffany one. Looks like it is an old stone in a new setting--don''t know if you''re open to that:

p.jpg

http://www.faycullen.com/discounted_rings/800/c415r1d.html

At any rate, good luck with your search and please do keep us updated!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like 1 one the best, no contest.
30.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 2:09:31 PM
Author: widget

Date: 1/12/2006 1:35:03 PM
Author: Boom
I just heard from the jeweler who says the stone is definitely original to the Tiffany setting. The email states that ''The prongs have never been moved from the stone. Possibly tightened, but never pulled back.''.
If the stone has never been removed, how can they quote such an exact (1.11) carat weight?

widget

PS: I PMed you...
widget,
sorry I missed this, and thank you for the PM.

I totally did not catch that. You are sooo right about the carat weight. Something''s fishy here... I''ll have to ask the jeweler when she gets the ring in.

Meanwhile, no.2 on someone''s finger
RG101.jpg

No.5
RG102.jpg

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I like No.2.

I like things that are geometric.

And I LOVE Nelson Rareties...they are on my favorites list.

widget

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm, #2 is looking better and better to me...especially as a RHR. I like the round/baguette combination....
18.gif

widget

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Boom!

The rings are lovely! I must say that #2 is my favorite!

I like the transition cut ring too, however, It looks like it's a bit off. The top left hand corner prong holding the center stone just seems a bit slanted or something, maybe it is just how I am looking at it, but I would go in person and look with a loop before I bought.

Have fun, and keep us udated. Best wishes to you too!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results