shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion on quality and price of this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gaby

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Thank you in advance for your help!

I am in the process of buying a diamond and would like to request your opinion regarding the quality and price of this diamond.

1.41ct
Ideal Cut
Color: G
Clarity: SI2 (I''ve been told it is "eye clean", but I have not seen the diamond. As far as I can tell the GIA report shows a feather on one side of the diamond and the following notes: Twinning wisps, internal graining and surface graining are not shown.)
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Depth %: 61.1%
Table%: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5%
Pavillion Angle: 40.8%

The price is $9,092 or $8,956 if paid with bank wire.

I look forward to your feeback. Thank you very much!
Gaby

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Assuming an IS, pictures, or your eyes confirm this it looks like a great choice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2008 1:45:03 PM
Author: neatfreak
Assuming an IS, pictures, or your eyes confirm this it looks like a great choice.
Ditto - looks good!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gaby,

Everything looks good so far. Is this stone online? And if so, is it possible to get an IS pic?

As for price, it seems a little bit high compared to what I found using the search feature here. The closest I could find simiilar in specs was 8100.

gaby

Rough_Rock
Hi Ellen,

What is an IS?

I was having trouble finding comparable diamonds (about 1.4 ct) to compare prices. Would you say that the price is high for the clarity on this diamond?

Thank you!
Gaby

gaby

Rough_Rock
Thank you, for your feedback!
Gaby

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, the price is a little high for comparable size, color and clarity. Is this an online store? If it is a Brick and Mortar store, I guess the mark up is about right.

gaby

Rough_Rock
This is an on-line store, so perhaps I should keep on looking.

Thank you,
Gaby

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which store is that? Just interested to know. The nearest stone to your stats are from IDJewelry if you are still interested in that range.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 5:18:54 PM
Author: gaby
Hi Ellen,

What is an IS?

I was having trouble finding comparable diamonds (about 1.4 ct) to compare prices. Would you say that the price is high for the clarity on this diamond?

Thank you!
Gaby
A well-cut 1.4 carat is relatively rare: after 1 carat diamond trade prices nearly DOUBLE at 1.5 carat so most cutters cut a 1.5 carat diamond rather than a well-cut 1.4 carat.
Visually a well-cut 1.4 carat looks similar to a well-cut 1.5 carat but without costing the 1.5 carat premium. When a well-cut 1.4+ carat is produced, there is more demand than supply for such diamonds hence they themselves command a premium trade price compared to well-cut 1-1.2+ carat.

gaby

Rough_Rock
Blue Nile. Thank you very much for your help!
Gaby

gaby

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 4:04:47 AM
Author: Indira-London

Date: 10/20/2008 5:18:54 PM
Author: gaby
Hi Ellen,

What is an IS?

Thank you!
Gaby
A well-cut 1.4 carat is relatively rare: after 1 carat diamond trade prices nearly DOUBLE at 1.5 carat so most cutters cut a 1.5 carat diamond rather than a well-cut 1.4 carat.
Visually a well-cut 1.4 carat looks similar to a well-cut 1.5 carat but without costing the 1.5 carat premium. When a well-cut 1.4+ carat is produced, there is more demand than supply for such diamonds hence they themselves command a premium trade price compared to well-cut 1-1.2+ carat.
Now things make more sense. Thank you very much for this info.
Gaby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results