shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion on a new project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m starting to think about my big 30th bday (won''t happen for another 6 months) and of course I want another ring only this will be a ring I will like to interchange my wedding set with. I definitely wanted a pink sapphire - pastel and I''m thinking about this ring style and probably will either have BDG or Whiteflash design it using their melees. I wanted your opinions on my setting and whether you think this sapphire will look too sleepy, I asked John about the inclusion although it is VS there looks like tiny bubble and with bubbles, I often think it presents a "sleepiness" to the stone. John says that its nice flashy stone. Maybe I just need someone else to reconfirm my new project. This won''t happen for a few months but its a work in progress.

three stone otherringdt.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and the sapphire

sapphiregemritedtbday.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm..the photo isn''t winning me over, but if you like the color, might be worth seeing in person?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 1:35:15 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Mmm..the photo isn''t winning me over, but if you like the color, might be worth seeing in person?
yeah, thats what I thought too... I do like the shade.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a stone that needs judging by eye not photograph.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 1:50:25 PM
Author: Gailey
Definitely a stone that needs judging by eye not photograph.
thanks Gailey- I''m going to get it and then see if it works out.

Sometimes i just need to talk it out with you guys

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would judge it by the eyes too. I would be concerned that the diamonds might overpower that stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like you are looking for a pale pink stone?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lt- yep, I'll compare them next to my bezel diamonds to see if it will over power them otherwise, I have another setting that is also in the running, with smaller melees - a bezel halo

Chrono- correct, pale pink stone

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...the 2 side diamonds are quite large in relation to the center so it''s best to check the sapphire next to the real thing,

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 4:17:28 PM
Author: Chrono
Hmmm...the 2 side diamonds are quite large in relation to the center so it''s best to check the sapphire next to the real thing,
I''m thinking my other alternative might even work better, it still pretty simple in design just to give it some oomph.

this is Tawn''s ering from WF. I love the double shank plain.

halowfplainshankdoubledt.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will work for a pale stone. I think I like option 2 better.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 4:26:38 PM
That will work for a pale stone. I think I like option 2 better.
oh good, I was afraid you might say oh no another halo or something... lol...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! I''m not a fan of halos but for something pale, the bezel and halo is best for something like that.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like option #2 better for a pale pink stone as well

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T,
Everyone gave you great ideas. I just wanted to say that I''m jealous you''re only turning 30.
11.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, LtlFirecracker, Thank you! for saying you like #2, my DH keeps saying that it doesn't look like a "terry" ring lol.... because all of my rings are minimalistic

TL- lol.... I really wanted something to celebrate the big 3-0 and been having a bit of anxiety for some reason with the upcoming bday its still a long ways away, but time is flying by fast though- I wish I could forget about it, like I did one year and celebrated my 24th twice...
23.gif
by accident, then was corrected by DH...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t feel bad; I stopped counting and remembering my age once I passed 25.
9.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 5:59:46 PM
Author: D&T
I wish I could forget about it, like I did one year and celebrated my 24th twice...
23.gif
by accident, then was corrected by DH...
Thanks for that idea! I think I'll "accidentally" forget next year and turn 30 all over again, not to mention get me another sparkly to celebrate the big 3-0!
9.gif

Oh and to actually contribute something to the thread
2.gif
, I like the #2 option too.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer option #2. I think that the side diamonds in #1 are too big for a pale center stone to compete with.

Happy Early Birthday!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Baby Blue and Stone Hunter for the early wishes and contributing to the #2 vote. I''m feeling much better about the choice despite what DH has to say about #2.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 1:33:42 PM
Author: D&T
and the sapphire
I returned the sapphire back to John- he was very pleasant and super speedy on the refund I will definitely buy from him again (hopefully for keeps this time). the color was very true to his picture and was very pretty and light and airy, although it has more lavender that showed through imo. in the same lighting (through my office hallway flourescent lighting) every time I took a step, either pink would be more predominent or a lavenderish hue would be. So its back with John if anyone else is interested, I did not see the inclusions, there was a slight tilt window though very small probably wouldn''t show up after it is set. Sorry no pictures, as I had received and sent it back the same day
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry the pink sapphire didn’t work out for you. Many gemstones tend to shift colour under incandescent lighting, so this is something to consider as you keep looking.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 3:09:44 PM
Sorry the pink sapphire didn’t work out for you. Many gemstones tend to shift colour under incandescent lighting, so this is something to consider as you keep looking.
thanks Chrono- I am really intrigued by the Pad sapphire but wondered what the Tabulem thought of the color. off to see what he said.

tabulem

Rough_Rock
Hi D&T, the gemrite pad is a nice stone, but if your priority is pink it might not be what you''re looking for. It changes between pink and orange depending on the light. I never got to see it in the sun (thanks, San Francisco fog), but in overcast outdoor light it''s more orange than pink.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 11:58:35 AM
Author: tabulem
Hi D&T, the gemrite pad is a nice stone, but if your priority is pink it might not be what you''re looking for. It changes between pink and orange depending on the light. I never got to see it in the sun (thanks, San Francisco fog), but in overcast outdoor light it''s more orange than pink.
thanks Tab- I really like the pad, sapphire but, I don''t want too many pinkish colored stones (i know weird huh) I''ll keep looking tough - I do want just a straight pink stone that stays pink in all lighting condition, specifically sapphires. but it might just a project for in the future, since I just started on mounting my current loose stones now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results