shape
carat
color
clarity

Your french cut wedding bands??

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new obsession lately, and was hoping some PS'ers might be willing to share their beauties...I found one on Singlestone that I LOVED, but the $4k price was a little rich. It seems based on my research that French cuts are a little more expensive...is this the case?

Thanks all!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'm not an expert but I think so. French cut are rare no?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
stci|1299255090|2864605 said:
I'm not an expert but I think so. French cut are rare no?

Im pretty sure they are, but want to lean more...hence the post :) I hope people will post some pics if they have them...If I am not mistaken, I think MissyDebby has one??

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep - I was just talking about this re: baguette bands, actually. And it goes for asscher, carre, and cushion bands, too. You can find rounds ... you can find princesses ... and sometimes you can even find marquise ... but when it comes to the other stones, there seems to be a premium.

That said, you can find them if you stalk eBay and vintage dealers: I just saw a somewhat battered but still pretty 1.5 french cut band go on eBay for less than $800 (I was tempted, but I'd just gotten my V-Day present, so I passed). And I know Lang Antiques has some gorgeous ones, as does M. Khordipour. Lemme see if I can find links .....

A 5 carat french cut band for only 16K: I know it's overpriced, but I still lust over this one; http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/110-3-2869

Its "little" sister at 2 carats and 8K (makes Singlestone look thrifty!): http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/110-3-2870

It's around 4K for 2 carats at M. Khordipour: http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=163&cat_id=11

$2800 for 1.5, which is a nice bit of savings without losing much from the look; http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=568&cat_id=11

Cognac frenchies set lengthwise: http://www.weddingrings.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=658&category_id=21&grouping_id=9

In white, .80 tcw, $3600; http://www.weddingrings.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=659&category_id=21&grouping_id=9

And, last but not least, this probably isn't quite what you had in mind, but it's unusual enough that I had to share - isn't this cool? http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=543&cat_id=11

As you can tell, I'm a little obsessed with the stacking band thing .... :ugeek:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Circe- you are AWESOME, thank you! This surely will quench my obsession (well for a little while at least)- and yes, your options are really putting Singlestone pricing into perspective!!

Thank you!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine. Both are vintage platinum snagged on ebay several years ago for under $250. :naughty: The diamond one was missing a few stones which singlestone replaced with cushiony old cuts. Each stone is smaller than a grain of sand and the width is about 1mm so it's tough to notice the replacements. I swear Leon knocked off my ring with his calibre band. French cuts are usually custom cut unless they are antiques and that's why they cost more.

110328 004.JPG

110328 007.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1301312889|2881707 said:
Here are mine. Both are vintage platinum snagged on ebay several years ago for under $250. :naughty: The diamond one was missing a few stones which singlestone replaced with cushiony old cuts. Each stone is smaller than a grain of sand and the width is about 1mm so it's tough to notice the replacements. I swear Leon knocked off my ring with his calibre band. French cuts are usually custom cut unless they are antiques and that's why they cost more.

That, sadly, I think is impossible these days!!

They are gorgeous - I LOVE your wedding set, w/ the frenchie/rose cut/that absolutely beautiful solitaire :love: Do you wear the sapphire with it, too?

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
here's mine that I found on Ebay.

IMG_2342band.JPG

IMG_2343band.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Circe,

As you suggested, here are the pics of the french cut bands with my solitaire. However, I must sadly admit these are from my lovely trip to Lang Antique Jewelers, not mine, as much as I would wish.

1.96 carat french cut diamonds, channel set with the finest millgrain, G color, VS-SI quality. $8250.

I have tried on all of the following eternities: Asscher, round, princess, marquise, carre (swear to God I did, estate jewelry at Kern's), baguette, emerald cut, and french. I kid you NOT. None of them flashed big triangular lights as big as these French cuts. I am really glad I waited to commit to an eternity band because in my major anal-ness I have tried on practically everything to be sure. I came across these last. Even though I still am going to do a reset first, the first eternity band will be the french cut. That's ok. It's so expensive. I will be saving for a very long time. ;-)

french_cut_clear.jpg

french_cut_eternity.jpg

french_cut_2.jpg

photo_109.jpg

HS4S

Rough_Rock
Hi. I am coming out of lurkdom to share my French Cut wedding bands. The ruby band is an art deco band I purchased from another member and the diamond band was made by David klass. I wear both bands with my yellow gold engraved wedding band. The combination is perfect for my very active lifestyle. The ruby band is 2 cttw and the diamond band is as well.

20150212_124144.jpg
20150218_144957.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HS4S, your bands are incredibly beautiful! You should start your own thread so more people can see them!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DS, please do a thread with handshots :)) I would love to see more of your beautiful bands.

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
French cut eternity, purchased in 2013 from the lovely Grace at JbG :)

img_7276.jpg

img_7280.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie is making some wonderful FC bands that I've been salivating over - and I might add that this thread is dangerous :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1425468160|3841637 said:
Caysie is making some wonderful FC bands that I've been salivating over - and I might add that this thread is dangerous :lol:

Hah! That is the understatement of the year. All of PS is dangerous these days LOL. But in a (sort of depending on one's perspective) good way if you kwim. Just not good for the pocketbook LOL. :devil:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have a FC band with elongated FCs? I had a squared FC band but didn't really like the look of them.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1425491982|3841778 said:
Anyone have a FC band with elongated FCs? I had a squared FC band but didn't really like the look of them.
I just saw this posted on Instagram, definitely my favorite too! I would probably do them bezel set though.

_27609.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I love Single Stone's FC bands, but alas too pricey for me for the CTW. :(

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old french cuts in a newly made band. I couldn't afford a true antique so was excited to find a newly made one with engraving on the sides as I am all about the details. Full eternity, 3mm, 0.84 dia, 0.24 rubies. iPhone photos. It is so hard to get good photos of this band.

_27610.jpg

_27611.jpg

_27612.jpg

_27613.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results