shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite low-er calorie desserts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
OK- I thought I would start a thread where you can post your favorite sweet treats that are low-er in calories (like 250) incase you''re having a day when you HAVE to splurge or go crazy.

Here''s one I made tonight:

Take 3 large marshmellows and put them on foil under the broiler in your oven (WATCH them and take them out when they just begin to brown)... a few min!

Take 3 squares of dark chocoalte (like 3 rectangle squares on a Hershey''s bar) and melt in a small bowl.

Take about 10 peanuts and throw them into the chocolate.

Then, dip your marshmellows into the peanut/chocolate mixture... YUM! Only about 160 calories and VERY sweet!

It''s not low carb or low fat... but considering nothing is "light" in the recipies... it''s not terrible!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amanda, that sounds great!

My favs are:

60 g slow churned ice cream with a few M&M''s or chocolate chips and a drizzle of chocolate syrup for about 140 calories

1” of angel food cake loaf, 4 oz strawberries and a few T of cool whip free for about 150 calories

WW giant chocolate ice cream bar for 100 calories

½ of a square of Lindt chocolate for 37 calories

1 miniature dark milky way for 35 calories

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

Finally a thread where I can post.

Dark chocolate chips 60 cals per serving also low sugar
Frozen grapes around 60 per serving
Banana smoothies my fave and if you do just soy milk and a banana right around 190 -200 cal
My worst weakness Tofutti almond bark better than ice cream 120 cals per serving and low in sugar.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried something that was quite tasty. There are 100 calories honey maid bars with cream cheese filling (probably flavored). I crumbed it up in a dish and put fresh strawberries on it.
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, those cupcakes look wonderful. I will have to try them.

That reminds me of another great angel food cake dessert. Buy an angel cake mix that you only need to add water to - then stir in one large can of crushed pineapple and bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350. It''s great!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love angelfood cake with fat free whip cream and berries

fat free pudding

muffins baked with applesauce and egg whites instead of oil

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so this is going to sound so chilid-like... but well, that''s bc it is.
I just made it this morning and am eating it as we speak! LOL
It''a jello dish... yup jello!

Pick 2 flavors of Jello that sound good together. I just used Raspberry and Lime.

Make one of them in an 8x8 glass dish (or whatever you use).
Use the Quick Set Method.
(sometimes I use 2 packs of Jello for this step to make it thicker.)

After an hour make the second Jello flavor.
Again use the quick set method, but this time only use the first step of water. Which is 3/4C boiling water.
Stir till everything dissolves then add fat free sugar free CoolWhip. (I buy the large one and use about 3/4 of the tub)

Pour that on top of the already set Jello and pop it back in the fridge. I usually use the rest of the CoolWhip on the top of that.

It makes for a yummy version of a Jello treat, espicially great for summer!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought of another Jello recipe... Chocolate PeanutButter Pie

Low Fat graham cracker pie crust.

Sugar free fat free Chocolate Jello pudding (Lg box)
Make the pudding and put half in the pie crust.

Next take your favorite PB and mix about 1/3C with Fat Free Sugar Free Coolwhip and milk to smooth out the consistency so that you can spread it on top of the pudding.

Use the remaining Choc Pudding and put it on top of the PB layer. Then put Coolwhip as the final layer.

So yummy and not so bad for ya! I made this for a dinner party and no one believed me that it was not bad for ya. They all asked for the recipe!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I eat a lot of creme caramel (by kookk deserts) it''s 130 calories. I eat it practically everyday, it''s my sugar fix.

MajorGroove

Rough_Rock
The Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!! The mint ones are my favorite. 140 calories, and the things are HUGE! Also, when you want something sweet that''s a little smaller, Hostess 100 calorie packs of the cinnamon streusel mini muffins. Mmmmm.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results