shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Favorite Hair Color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
So, I am sitting here waiting for my color to finish processing...and it made me wonder....

How many of you DIY your hair color at home?

If so, what is your trusted color that you use most of the time?

I have been coloring my hair for almost 8 years and have tried various brands....

My favorite "box" brand is Feria.

As a blonde (which I am back to now)I usually use 110 or 93.

As a redhead, I used 77 and 67.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only hair color I''ve used at home is Natural Instincts, because it''s the only one I''ve found that is semi-permanent. I''ve never had permanent hair color at the salon either. (My stylist uses Goldwell Colorance in the salon, which I also love.) I like usingthe Natural Instincts at home because it gives my brown hair a little boost of shine and deepens the brown. It''s also so much less expensive than the salon! Whenever I go to the salon for a haircut though, I have to brace myself for the criticism from my stylist!! Last time, she told me that my hair was darker in the front than in the back -- nothing visible to the untrained eye, but to her trained eye, it wasn''t perfect. Oh well . . .

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I also use L''Oreal -- Color Spa. It''s a semi-permanent, but my hair soaks up the color like a sponge, so it has a permanent effect. I don''t remember the shade numbers, but in the summer I will use a light golden brown (gives my hair a sun lightened effect), and in winter I have on a medium golden brown. Both of these seem to give me good color depth, look natural, appear to have highlights, etc. And it really brings out the auburn undertones in my brunette hair. No one except family and close friends know I color, that''s how perfectly natural it looks. I highly recommend this line to anyone afraid of making that ''permanent'' commitment.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am anti-box color....it is soooo hit or miss. Color is science, and without the proper knowledge of what your hair has vs. what it needs, you''re rolling the dice---and it could end up really bad.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 10:57:55 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I am anti-box color....it is soooo hit or miss. Color is science, and without the proper knowledge of what your hair has vs. what it needs, you''re rolling the dice---and it could end up really bad.
I can attest to that.

I ended up with orange hair once. After over 200 dollars in color correction, I vowed never to do it myself again.

Date: 11/19/2008 11:04:32 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 11/19/2008 10:57:55 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I can attest to that.

I ended up with orange hair once. After over 200 dollars in color correction, I vowed never to do it myself again.
That happened to me at a salon. I actually just did a box color on monday-- it''s so dark it''s almost black (but not). I like it. My hair NEVER holds color, so it''s fine for me. I''m very nervous about having salons do my hair.. the orange was SUPPOSED to be dark dark red. She even missed spots. BLAh!
38.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 7:01:14 PM
Author:PrincessDijon
So, I am sitting here waiting for my color to finish processing...and it made me wonder....

How many of you DIY your hair color at home? I have done so for years.

If so, what is your trusted color that you use most of the time? L''Oreal Preference Natural Lightest Blonde, I have used that for a long time also or Les Blondissimes. I always get compliments on my hair.

I have been coloring my hair for almost 8 years and have tried various brands....

My favorite ''box'' brand is Feria.

As a blonde (which I am back to now)I usually use 110 or 93.

As a redhead, I used 77 and 67.

jellycat

Rough_Rock
i used to use diy color in my hair for over 10 years.. feria had fun colors, but i felt it was the most damaging for my hair. i have probably at least tried most of the box kits at one point or another. i no longer diy at home, however, because after having it done in the salon, i feel like my hair has gotten a lot healthier and is not as dry as it used to be. it costs a lot more, but it''s worth it for me now..

but i still think those box kit conditioners are THE BEST!! i can never find conditioners like that outside of the box kits.. anyone had luck finding one that is as good and as moisturizing as the conditioners that come in the box??
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like Natural Instincts, too - I always go a shade lighter than what I think my hair color really is and it works great.

Every time I'd try to go back to my natural color at a salon, I'd end up with black hair...which is a far cry from medium brown. Yuck.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never tried a box, I always go to the salon.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I did box color for a long time and it was ok. Sometimes though, it would go black...and i''d just be trying for medium brown.

I now leave the color to the professionals, and if I''m poor, I just go for a single process color & not highlights. Since I''m not grey yet, I can get her to go a little deeper than my natural & it lasts forever.

my fave deep condiyioner is Fructis in the short jar..

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 10:39:18 AM
Author: HollyS
I also use L''Oreal -- Color Spa. It''s a semi-permanent, but my hair soaks up the color like a sponge, so it has a permanent effect. I don''t remember the shade numbers, but in the summer I will use a light golden brown (gives my hair a sun lightened effect), and in winter I have on a medium golden brown. Both of these seem to give me good color depth, look natural, appear to have highlights, etc. And it really brings out the auburn undertones in my brunette hair. No one except family and close friends know I color, that''s how perfectly natural it looks. I highly recommend this line to anyone afraid of making that ''permanent'' commitment.
I''ll check that out the next time I''m out shopping. Thanks for the tip!!

On another note, I will say that the only time I have ever had a problem that needed color correction was from a bad highlight at a very reputable salon. I recall having to go back to the salon to request the correction because my hair was at best the pumpkin-colored, a description that I used at the time and one that the salon owner was none-too-happy with, but hey, it was what it was, and it was pumpkin!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results