shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite blanket for your bed?

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am a bit obsessive about my bed linens as the bed is my one sanctuary. I love silky soft sheets, fluffy pillows and all the trappings.

My dry cleaner ruined my ultra-soft silk fleece blanket(grrrrr). I''ve found something similar online but it''s $500 (I bought mine at Tuesday Morning) and I don''t want to spend that. I went to our local linen store and saw a couple of nice cotton fleece versions and a bamboo blanket-all of which I like. I''m looking for something that has a little weight but is not too warm as I live in the south and have a down comforter for chilly nights.

Are there any other bed/linen lovers out there? Do you have any favorites that you would recommend?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a very light down comforter that is perfect for summertime in the South. I wouldn''t cross down off your list just yet. Target has very inexpensive, light down comforters that you might want for a test run.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My favorite blanket is a big warm down comforter. I'm not sure why I got one so heavy, I'm always hot so I should have bought the summer weight, but I still love it. DH and I will open a window in our room in the middle of winter just to keep it cool enough to use that blanket
9.gif
I keep meaning to get a really light weight one, but they always seem so expensive. We take it off the bed around March and just use an odd assortment of blankets to keep warm until summer.

I also love our cotton Wamsetta sheets. They're not particularly high threadcount, but they're so soft - almost like jersey, but not stretchy jersey material. They wrinkle like the devil though! I always cringe a little when they come out of the drier, but once the bed is made I don't notice it anymore.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cotton in the summer and down in the winter.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, two of our favorite blankets came from Target. They''re fleece, and we have a king size one and another one big enough for a double/queen bed. I can''t remember what we paid, but the price was good. They''re really soft and snuggly, they''re not too light or heavy, and they come in a variety of colors.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my down blanket and I use it all year long in Southern California. I bought mine from QVC-Northern Nights, but it is pretty light. We do use air conditioning in the summer and my room stays pretty cool. There are
many nights though that we just have windows open and I still use it. I did buy a great ''fuzzy'' blanket, as they are called in my house at Costco before Christmas. I think you would have a hard time finding one at a great
price now, unless there are some great sales at a department store.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
During the winter I have Dennis Basso''s faux mink throw on the bed. OMG--sleeping under it is incredible.

During the spring/summer my Northern Nites down comforter with a blue duvet.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
we have a down dubet that we use all year. I love it! :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
http://www.linensource.com/default.aspx?page=productdetails&categoryid=651&pattern=MIC&productcode=00&cm_re=sc-_-Luxury+Blankets-_-micro+fluff+blanket

I bought one of these for my son''s bedroom and liked it so much, I bought one for my own bed.
Never in a million years did I think I''d like this sort of thing, but I find it warm and lightweight.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I have Sferra linens and they make me happy.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:00:25 PM
Author: Zoe
Actually, two of our favorite blankets came from Target. They''re fleece, and we have a king size one and another one big enough for a double/queen bed. I can''t remember what we paid, but the price was good. They''re really soft and snuggly, they''re not too light or heavy, and they come in a variety of colors.
We have those same blankets on our bed, i looooove them! We have a tan one on the bottom of our bed and we sleep on top of that and then on top we have a light green one of the same style, it''s like sleeping in a cloud :)

We also have 2 more smaller ones just for laying around the house with

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 1:51:54 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Date: 5/7/2010 8:00:25 PM

Author: Zoe

We have those same blankets on our bed, i looooove them! We have a tan one on the bottom of our bed and we sleep on top of that and then on top we have a light green one of the same style, it''s like sleeping in a cloud :)

We also have 2 more smaller ones just for laying around the house with

Yeah, aren''t they great?! We need to buy a couple more so we don''t have to mess up the beds when we want to use them in the living room. We have a chocolate brown blanket and a cream colored one.

I love down comforters but I HATE how they bunch up around the duvet cover. We had one and I used to wake up to find the comforter at the bottom of the bed, while the duvet cover was still at the top.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gayle, I also LOVE a comforter that I found at Home Goods (or was it Marshalls? The one near me has both stores combined into one, and I can''t remember which one I found it in.).

Anyway, it''s a slightly puffy blanket (similar to a down comforter but it''s not one) that is covered in a light corduroy material. Ours is light blue, like a cornflower shade I think, and I know it also comes in a sage green also. I want to get one for our mater bedroom. We have one in the guest room and I love it. SOOOO comfy!

Weird -- I tried to find it online but the Marshalls and Home Goods sites aren''t great for browsing items.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
We have a down comforter w/ duvet cover that is on the bed almost year round, but if it gets really warm outside, I love this silk coverlet that I picked up at Crate and Barrel a few years ago. I see that it''s now being made in cotton ''sateen'' instead of silk. I bet it''s still great, though. It''s a nice summer weight and is very pretty.

For snuggling, I love this chunky ribbed throw from Pottery Barn. It''s fabulous -- warm, soft, light, and with a really nice texture. I''m picky about blankets b/c I''m allergic to wool but also really dislike the ''oily'' feel of synthetic fabrics, but the PB acrylic feels very natural and nice.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I''m presently using one from Tuesday Morning. They never seem to have the same thing twice, so you might want to check.
Also, I really miss your old Avatar. (I''ve got a labradoodle too!) No blanket needed when you sleep with a labradoodle.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fleece.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
The "nap" blanket from Brookstone is so soft and warm (but not hot). Just thinking about it makes me want to go to bed right now.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the suggestions. It looks like I have some shopping to do!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Company Store down comforter...pure bliss...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results