shape
carat
color
clarity

your best LIW symptom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I really like doing these "breather" threads- I did one a while back about the most recent thing you'd done without your SO and some ladies really enjoyed it so I figured I'd have a go at it again.

Lately, when I think about SO proposing I get a butterflies in my stomach feeling and it really lets me float through a couple hours or an entire day without stressing too much (which I do a lot
3.gif
) Its kind of helped me to stress less in general and I hope to keep that optimistic feeling around after we're engaged.

Whats your best LIW symptom and or funny story?!?!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
The night my DH proposed... I WAS ANGRY.
29.gif

I thought it was going to happen that night, and I got all dressed up, and he really... well, didn''t. So I was like, WTF! I didn''t throw one of my temper tantrums, but I was deffinately doing one of my pouty-puss attitudes... and my nowDH could sense it. I was like, OMG he''s gonna make me wait until the end of the year... that BA$TARD!
In his pockets there was not a buldge. I was sure that because there was no buldge he was not going to propose. I was in a sour mood until we placed our dinner order, then something in me just snapped. I thought... omg, here I am ruining this nice birthday dinner by BEING ANGRY at something that will eventually happen. That is just not fair. So something happened. I just calmed down, relaxed, and had a great time... ordered some BOOZE.
9.gif
It was my birthday party, and I was going to have a good time.

When he ordered desert, he said he had to use the restroom and got up... unbenownst to me he left the restaurant and returned with a pretty pink box from the trunk of his car. Inside the box was roughly 150 ringpops... he said he tried to get me a ring for everytime I asked him where my ring was... but the store ran out... and so did the other 3 stores he visited trying to get them all. I thought that was my birthday gift... but as I dig down to the bottom of the box... there was the ring box, with my ERING inside.

Funny thing is he said if I didn''t calm down he never would have proposed... he didnt want to propose to a crazy woman! It was incredibly sweet and romantic. Afterwards, I didn''t want to just be romantic, I wanted to go out... this was something I wanted for a LONG TIME. So we gathered a group of friends, and got blotto-ed!

The next morning I woke up... more hung in my life! and there was more. He had a pretty green bag with my birthday gift inside. (My birthday was sunday, but my birthday dinner was the night before.) Inside the bag was A Muppets Christmas Carrol.
36.gif
I had watched this movie every Christmas Eve since it came out... with the exception of the first two years we dated. The first year I didn''t notice because I worked until midnight on Christmas Eve, and was up at 4 am to work Christmas morning, but the second year... I was sad. We tried to go to all the stores to rent it or buy it and it wasn''t around... and it felt like Christmas was ruined. When I opened my birthday gift, he told me he didn''t want to see me sad ever again...and he''d do whatever he could to make me smile. It was just the perfect gift.

I know this wasn''t a symptom... but I could go on and on about the stuff I did as a LIW... I just think the proposal is HILARIOUS because I was sooo seething mad to start out! haha!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a pretty calm LIW for the most part. I''ve never gotten into a negative discussion (argument!) with FF about the engagement. I know it''s coming, so I haven''t had to stress too much. It''s usually just light teasing back and forth. I remind him I''m moving up on "The List" and he rolls his eyes. Then five minutes later he''s reminding me about having to go to the bank to deposit something in savings for... " oh... you know... the future." (wink wink!)

I just really like the playfulness and that we''re both on the same page. It makes this time exciting, and stress-free.

It''s still frustrating though... a diamond that pretty shouldn''t be sitting in a safe deposit box!
29.gif
12.gif
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
E does like how excited i get about it. we''ll be out somewhere and i see something that i would like for the wedding and i get all lit up and excited. Also, i joke with him about stuff we need and i say "no, save it for the registry!!"
9.gif

Other than that, i get the butterflies thinking about the actual proposal, the thought of calling him husband, and starting our life together.

oh yeah.. any time e pinches me on the butt more than once, i mention the word wedding
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:19:38 AM
Author: jcarlylew
E does like how excited i get about it. we''ll be out somewhere and i see something that i would like for the wedding and i get all lit up and excited. Also, i joke with him about stuff we need and i say ''no, save it for the registry!!''
9.gif

Other than that, i get the butterflies thinking about the actual proposal, the thought of calling him husband, and starting our life together.

oh yeah.. any time e pinches me on the butt more than once, i mention the word wedding
9.gif
I tell J that also! He wants to go buy brand new knives and all these pots and pans, and I''m like ????? REGISTRY!

He doesn''t want to wait that long.

I say, "Well who do you think is holding it up??"
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
2.gif

Men.

I''m in a weird mood today, so if my posts are a little wacky... sorry. I''m living on little no sleep or food. I feel ... floaty
37.gif
37.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
We talk about our registry as well! Or...well...if I see something I like but we don''t need it right away, then I''ll say we''ll put it on our registry and my BF laughs at me.

Lately we''ve been joking about the proposal a lot. Our most recent joke is that he''s going to come home with the ring, shove it on my hand and say "There! Are you happy now?
3.gif
" Or, he''ll have the ring made in HIS finger size and once I try it on and it''s too big, he''ll grab it and say that it fits him perfectly and dance around with it on.

I don''t know if I''ve answered your question SS, but yes, I still get butterflies around my BF and I want to give him a big bear hug everytime I think about the certainty that is "us." I always say to him, "Can I keep you?" Thoughts of an impending proposal also make me a little nervous though because planning a wedding is a BIG deal!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:14:09 PM
Author: sammyj
3.gif
'' Or, he''ll have the ring made in HIS finger size and once I try it on and it''s too big, he''ll grab it and say that it fits him perfectly and dance around with it on.

that is EVIL

EEEEEVVIIILLLLLL

i might actually kill E if he did that. with a very dull knife so it would be painfull.

Elle - i hear ya girl! we need new knives, an actual SET of pots and pans, new dishes, new sheets.. Good lord!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I loved everyone''s answers!

SO and I havent really talked about our registry yet but who knows where we''ll be living and if its on the other side of the country I''m not lugging blenders and knife sets with me =)

Sammy thats too funny with your SO getting the ring fitted to his finger!
3.gif
If SO did that to me when he proposed I''d first get a good laugh out of it and maybe 12 seconds into the laugh I''d be like, "wait.. so are we going to get it sized down now or in 20 minutes?" haha. I think I''d tape it to my finger!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I used to get myself all in a tizzy about SO proposing, but now I have given up. He has a ring, and I think he plans to keep it, lol. I want desperately to be surprised when he decided to propose, so I am trying to be better about not scrutinizing everything. (fat chance, right?)

Anyway, the funniest story, IMO, was when I was helping SO clean and organize his apartment. We were just working and slowly pulling the place back together and out of no where he says, "Man, I must really love/trust you to let you go through all of my things like this. What if I was hiding a ring somewhere?"

We really don''t talk about rings like that, and he NEVER brings them up, so this was REALLY random. So I smiled, because I knew he had rings on the brain, and he was probably thinking about one in the apt somewhere. Two minutes later, he say, "Oh, yeah, don''t organize my closet..."

A + B = Ring is in the closet.

And that is exactly where I found it 5 months later.
20.gif

Yes, I should not have looked, but 5 months I guess was the limit on my sanity, lol!
28.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:12:23 AM
Author: trillionaire
I used to get myself all in a tizzy about SO proposing, but now I have given up. He has a ring, and I think he plans to keep it, lol. I want desperately to be surprised when he decided to propose, so I am trying to be better about not scrutinizing everything. (fat chance, right?)

Anyway, the funniest story, IMO, was when I was helping SO clean and organize his apartment. We were just working and slowly pulling the place back together and out of no where he says, ''Man, I must really love/trust you to let you go through all of my things like this. What if I was hiding a ring somewhere?''

We really don''t talk about rings like that, and he NEVER brings them up, so this was REALLY random. So I smiled, because I knew he had rings on the brain, and he was probably thinking about one in the apt somewhere. Two minutes later, he say, ''Oh, yeah, don''t organize my closet...''

A + B = Ring is in the closet.

And that is exactly where I found it 5 months later.
20.gif

Yes, I should not have looked, but 5 months I guess was the limit on my sanity, lol!
28.gif

oh my! E does the same thing too!! boys
20.gif

9.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
My worst symptom...I have a sneaking suspicion of when he will propose. We''re going to a concert together, and there is a particular song that is very meaningful to us that they will most likely play. Of course, this isn''t until June, so I have awhile to wait. But whenever I hear the song, I get all smily and giggly. It''s weird for me to be so giddy...I rather like it!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Cute story: the other day when I mentioned a random, fleeting idea that I had about transferring to a different grad program (3 hours away, so if I went, our relationship would turn long-distance for a bit), he said "but how are you going to plan a wedding if you''re not here?"
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

My worst symptom: total stream-of-consciousness whenever the subject of diamonds comes up (thanks, PS, for giving me too much diamond info!
2.gif
). He gets a little bit glazed over, and says "Yeah, I''ll just call my married friends and ask who their diamond guy is. He can help me with all this mess."

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, my BEST LIW symptom.... I actually feel like I have passed the excited, giggly, happily waiting stage and am now a mad crazy person!!! Mwah ha ha!!

Some of my symptoms include:

1) Looking through the history on his computer like some sort of detective. Once I got so excited because pricescope was in his history!! Only then I realised it was from when I''d used it... Oh dear...

2) Telling him (in a very loud, carzy person''s voice) about people we know who have got engaged. And then repeating it a further ten times throughout the night, "Did I tell you about Jane and Mark getting engaged??"

3) Running around the living room on Christmas Day (with crazy person-like speed!) Searching for any hint of a ring box. Then almost having a heart attack when I saw one sitting on the sofa, only to discover my dad had sent it with a chocolate from Santa... thanks Dad. Thi also happens on Birthday''s, anniversary''s, Easter, Bonfire Night, Halloween... Yes, I really am going mad.

4) Leaving copies of brochures and catalogues around the house in prime positions (open on ring pages of course.) On the sofa, on his pillow, in the bathroom, next to the microwave.... You know, all the usual places.

5) Checking the answer machine on the phone multiple times, just incase a jewellers have rung tried to contact him (Then sitting like a depressed crazy person because there aren''t any messages.).

6) Replying to a lot of his requests with, "Sorry I can''t, obviously if we were engaged it would be different..."

7) Putting on films that feature proposals/ weddings and then grinning like a mad woman all the way through them to show SO how happy it would make me.

8) Staring through jewellers windows at happy couples buying rings together (imagine me with crazed, horror type furious face at the wondow because it isn''t happeneing to me yet.)

9) Watching wedding montages/ proposal stories on You Tube and turning the volume up LOUD so SO asks what I''m doing. I then reply, "Oh nothing," but I know that he knows what I''m doing which has enabled me to get weddings into his mind without me actually saying anything. Clever eh?

Anyway, sorry about that but I feel better now!
1.gif
So in answer to your question, those are my LIW symptoms, but not sure which one you would class as ''best?''

Reading back through those maybe it is apparent why he hasn''t porposed yet.... Ha ha!
11.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
2) Telling him (in a very loud, carzy person''s voice) about people we know who have got engaged. And then repeating it a further ten times throughout the night, ''Did I tell you about Jane and Mark getting engaged??''

Ha! I''ve been known to do this. The worst is when I tell him about a couple that got engaged that he doesn''t even know -- like my old high school friends that he''ll probably never meet. I''m not sure why exactly I do this, I''m sure it won''t speed anything up!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Ooops that should say ''crazy.'' Oh dear I''m crazy and carzy now...
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I mostly like thinking about dream homes at this point and how I will decorate them! Its great because it gets me incredibly excited about our future but it keeps me off the "e-ring" obsessions...lol

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Choc! I used to do #6 too!
Only I''d say, I can''t believe I''m still single. and to which my nowDH would respond... you aren''t single... and I''d say, not according to my W2...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:57:29 AM
Author: tlh

Only I''d say, I can''t believe I''m still single. and to which my nowDH would respond... you aren''t single... and I''d say, not according to my W2...

HAHAHA! SO and I debate about this all the time! I swear that you are single until you are married, he does not agree.

I guess it''s like Beyonce said... if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:20:55 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 2/19/2009 11:57:29 AM
Author: tlh

HAHAHA! SO and I debate about this all the time! I swear that you are single until you are married, he does not agree.

I guess it''s like Beyonce said... if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it!
36.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:54:10 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
I mostly like thinking about dream homes at this point and how I will decorate them! Its great because it gets me incredibly excited about our future but it keeps me off the 'e-ring' obsessions...lol
This is what I do too. Well, what I did for a little while. I have a folder on my computer dedicated to the house plan, furniture, etc... It's pretty much complete. It's fun.

PS. Miss Kitty. I now have that song stuck in my head. Thanks, it will be there for a few days now.
20.gif
9.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Trillionaire, it is so funny that you just said that about Beyonce. The song came on the radio earlier when we were out driving and I turned it up REALLY loud and sang it at the top of my voice (I really am so endearing) and kept pointing at my ring finger as I sang, pretending to be oblivious to SO the whole time. I could see him giving me odd glances through the corner of my eye! Ha ha!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:18:25 PM
Author: chocolatefudge
Trillionaire, it is so funny that you just said that about Beyonce. The song came on the radio earlier when we were out driving and I turned it up REALLY loud and sang it at the top of my voice (I really am so endearing) and kept pointing at my ring finger as I sang, pretending to be oblivious to SO the whole time. I could see him giving me odd glances through the corner of my eye! Ha ha!
EVERYTIME this song comes on I tell my BF to listen closely to the chorus...he NEVER gets it...EVER. Then I have to repeat the lyrics for him and he''s just like, "oh."

Boys!
20.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Best LIW symptom: Wedding dreams. I wake up in an extra happy mood. I love those.
30.gif

Worst LIW symptom: Feeling like things aren't moving forward. Engagement is the next step for us, (not moving in, etc.) so things can't really progress until then. So it's hard sometimes dealing with the fact that it could be a long while yet!

ETA: My annoying LIW symptoms: I too am guilty of the "Did you hear so-and-so got engaged?? Wow, they've been together half the time we have
27.gif
. But how exciting for them! etc etc..." I also tend to bemoan the fact that a lot of my friends are engaged/married... "Isn't it odd how so many of our friends are getting married? Who would have thunk?"
27.gif

I'm pretty good about it though.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:27:57 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 2/19/2009 4:18:25 PM

Author: chocolatefudge

EVERYTIME this song comes on I tell my BF to listen closely to the chorus...he NEVER gets it...EVER. Then I have to repeat the lyrics for him and he''s just like, ''oh.''

Boys!
20.gif

LOL @ Sammy and ChocolateFudge! I think the song is slightly obnoxious, but insanely catchy!
31.gif
I''m sure SO rolls his eyes when he hears it. I don''t make a big deal of it or rub it in. What I DO do is let him know about all of the guys who hit on me and tell me my BF is DUMB for leaving me on the market, and then THEY quote the song. I tell him EVERY TIME it happens.
9.gif
It''s really funny to me, but when I go out now, and tell guys I have been with my man for 5+ years, they are shocked and tell me that he isn''t serious, and that I should leave SO for them! Which I might do for an independently wealth bachelor!
27.gif
9.gif
12.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
If any of you girls need interior design advice on those dream homes you know who to call!!!!
2.gif

I've been daydreaming about my future home with SO since we first started talking marriage - interior design is my passion (when its not school related - school really beats it with a stick
7.gif
)

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I am lucky in that not many of our friends will have upcoming engagements...in 2008, there were three couples that we are friends with who got engaged, so I think the worse of it has passed. So, unlike some of you, I don''t find myself saying "did you hear so and so got engaged?" Thank goodness!

I sure have my share of craziness though. I check Pricescope Rocky Talky and SMTR for posts possibly by him...and when even mentions a princess cut around his budget, my heart skips a beat!

I check BlueNile for recently purchase e-rings. I used to stalk James Allen to see what had sold...though I haven''t done that in months, since I think he may be going with White Flash now.

I think the symptom that has been WORST for my mental sanity is contacting vendors to ask about availability. It''s such a stress, b/c people who are engaged now are quickly booking for June 2010! B knows this, too, b/c one time I called him freaking out and asked if we could book a reception hall pre-engagement. That was a big NO-NO. I contacted the vendor again yesterday and sure enough, summer 2010 is basically full. Bummer
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results