shape
carat
color
clarity

you wanted more pictures...!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok, for bliss and the ladies who asked for extra photos...

we still couldnt get sunlight, but at least these aren''t taken at night in my bathroom!

here''s my 10th anniversary ring in all its close up, natural light glory....

P4150187 - Copy.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OH wowza!!!
that''s so PRETTTTTY!!!
I loves it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
my best girlfriend is currently over from australia, and her fingers are much slimmer than mine. with fingers as large as mine, it''s hard to get a true sense of proportion in the photos i take; even quite large rings look small on my fingers! so wendy offered to model these for me. her fingers are a size 5.5. my flower ring is a size 7 and my wedding band was enlarged recently and is now a size 8, so wendy is wearing them on her middle finger. i can no longer fit my flower ring on my engagement finger, and showing rings on my little finger doesnt really give a good sense of scale.

anyway, here they are on wendy''s hand - you get a better sense of the finger coverage this ring gives...

P4150175 - Copy.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
here''s one the other way up...

P4150173 - Copy.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
here''s one surrounded by greenery in my yard. i love how the rings have picked up the green color (and green is my favorite color!)

P4150182 - Copy.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
these nest 2 show the way it shines - and how MUCH it shines - even on an overcast, rainy day...

P4150180b - Copy.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and again - a little white glowing ball...

P4150188 - Copy.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and last one... my wedding ring on my little finger, and my tiffany elsa perretti platinum band with 3pt diamond which tim bought me when my fingers blew up and i couldnt wear my rings on my ring finger any more. not fond of the finger, but i actually love this incredibly simple band.

P4150190 - Copy.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.... I keep coming back to see if you posted more pics!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m IN LOVE!!!!!!!!

Whitby, that is the yummiest ring EVER!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

GORGEOUS!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing! It looks vintage...chic... just gorgeous.

I LOVE THIS!!!! You couldn''t possibly think of changing this beauty into earrings! It''s too amazing.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Your flower ring is lovely! I also love the Elsa Peretti band.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This is awesome! LOL. OK, I keep posting on this thread, but that ring is TDF!

It is so big and blingy and fun and just... perfect!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ladies,

i can''t tell you how touched i am by your comments. i want to c and p the comment i made on the original thread in case you miss it, so you know where i''m coming from re this ring and my questions about changing it. it was motivated by what i would consider to be a surprising amount of feedback i''ve received over the years. here''s the comment from the other thread....

"MrsDoubleP, D&T, loriken214 (and how are you, dear? Can we get an update pls??), Bliss, Skippy, ericad, honey22, and makemepretty,

Thank you for all your kind comments ☺ I felt very special! I’ve had a number of people tell me they really dislike this ring – and I’ve never quite known why. Some people (IRL, not on PS – no one would EVER be so rude on PS!) have told me it looks cheap, so I’ve sort of hesitated to show it off on PS. I think I got it stuck in my head that somehow it wasn’t a very good ring. It’s actually 18kt hand made white gold, and I don’t really know anything about the stones stats-wise, except that the center stone is an I SI1 color/clarity, .73ct, and the surrounding stones are G SI1 color/clarity, .2ct each. The back of the ring, which I really SHOULD take a photo of, is so lovely – it’s beautifully made. It occurs to me now, of course, that perhaps the people who told me they didn’t like it because it was cheap looking were perhaps jealous….

So thank you for your enthusiastic comments – I appreciated them. ☺"

so thank you to bliss and ckrickett and all the other ladies above - you''ve kind of returned to me my enjoyment of and love for this ring!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe anyone would be so rude as to say they don''t like someone elses jewellery! That makes me very mad!
29.gif

I love that ring. Its so pretty, I want one!
9.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing ring. It almost looks Victorian. It's just spectacular. Regarding others' comments, maybe they're just jealous or they don't believe it's real. Who knows? People are nuts! Believe me, that ring is to die for. If my friend had it, I would be all up in her face begging to try it on all the time. Seriously, that is RHR project material for me! I love it! It's very very blingy and I love the cut of the center diamond. Is it a vintage cut? It is LOVELY. I love love love this ring!

Turning it into an earring? Sacrilege!!!!!
36.gif
Get that baby re-sized pronto and wear it with joy.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i have to agree with you, maisie. and - not just that they didn't like it, people actually said it looked cheap! i mean...i know what tim paid for it, and it was NOT cheap! and even if it was - who says something like that? 'cheap' is such a hard put down.

so thank you for being cross at them - it kinda makes me smile, even tho it's 'after the event'. :) xo

Lula

Ideal_Rock
They're nuts! (and maybe jealous, too). That ring is wonderful and a great combination of modern and vintage styling.

ETA: And it most certainly does not look cheap!!!! I always check out your posts because I think you have incredible taste!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
It would also make a stunning pendant.

30.gif

Come to mama.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 3:28:59 PM
Author: whitby_2773
i have to agree with you, maisie. and - not just that they didn''t like it, people actually said it looked cheap! i mean...i know what tim paid for it, and it was NOT cheap! and even if it was - who says something like that? ''cheap'' is such a hard put down.

so thank you for being cross at them - it kinda makes me smile, even tho it''s ''after the event''. :) xo

Huh? Cheap? They must be crazy! Sounds like sour grapes to me. How in the world could that ring ever be called cheap? In what alternate reality?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
LOL -- I meant "impeccable" taste!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
People tend to be jealous of things they can''t have.

I love it and think it looks beautiful on your finger.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is fabulous!!! I don''t understand why people say the things they do sometimes. Wear it in good health - it''s a wonderful 10yr anniversary gift!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is beautiful! Exquisite design, spectacular stones, masterful execution... those rude comments are obviously rooted in ignorance!

I do hope you'll keep it intact, whether as a ring or a pendant... and it it would be a shame to keep that beauty stashed away because it no longer fits your ring finger. One option to consider if you get it resized would be to add one or two leaves to either side of the flower, to keep the ring/finger proportions correct. Partial split shanks on either side of the flower might do the same thing.

Thanks for returning with more pictures!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Whitby. I''m stunned into silence. Your ring is truly sensational and like others have said it really has a high class antique feel to it.

To those that have said it was cheap - WHAT?????? Are you mad?
29.gif
I can only think that they''ve had the green eyed monster.

Pay no attention Whitby but PLEASE get it re-sized so you can wear it. That ring must be worn and shown off.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
[mouth drops open in dumbfounded silence]

CHEAP? ARE THEY FREAKING KIDDING ME? Whitby, listen to me: that ring is beautiful. It''s stunning. Those remarks are just plain silly. Either they are coming from a place of jealousy, or these people just don''t understand vintage/vintage style jewelry. Is the ring antique or new? The center stone has beautiful chunky faceting, like some OEC/transitional cuts I''ve seen - hard to tell from the pic but I''d love to see more close-ups!

I''m trying very hard to retain my composure, but the fact that anyone would say this to you is upsetting me! Not just because it''s mean and hurtful, but also because they are so dead wrong! In fact, Leon has a very similar ring on his site under cluster rings. It''s what I thought of as soon as I saw your ring.

Next time one of these people says this to you, bop ''em in the nose with your ring and ask, "feel cheap to you?"

29.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!!
30.gif

I`m sorry some people have no class and are outright rude...

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and does not look cheap in any way. Ignore those people - what grouches. Please get it resized or made into a pendant so you can fully enjoy it (and so we can see more pictures of it on YOU!!)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it so beautiful, i''m on a pendant mode lately, and I think this would look AMAZING if you keep it intact but turn it into a pendant slider
36.gif
. It is so gorgeous and needs to be shown off, All i see is sparkles. Yep the others are just Jealous of such an amazing piece! blah to their comments
14.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just beautiful and unique - enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results