shape
carat
color
clarity

You Need a Budget (YNAB)--Fans come over here!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@KristinTech and @YadaYadaYada

Okay, so for some reason when I read the title of this thread, I thought it said "You need a burger". Which is extra odd and funny because I am a vegetarian.

Moving on... Is this a hard program to set up? Is it hard to pull all of your information into it to get it running in the beginning?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile I think it depends on whether you link your accounts to the program. If you opt for this it will pull your balances from your bank as well as any credit card accounts you might have.

I didn't even read the tutorials but I found it pretty easy to setup, yes you do need to put in your expenses so you know how much to budget for each line item.

There is a free trial so you could download it and see if you like it before paying for anything.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech and @YadaYadaYada

Okay, so for some reason when I read the title of this thread, I thought it said "You need a burger". Which is extra odd and funny because I am a vegetarian.

Moving on... Is this a hard program to set up? Is it hard to pull all of your information into it to get it running in the beginning?

It’s super easy! You don’t have to enter anything other than your current bank balance. And you can manually enter everything, or you can link it to your account(s). I only have my YNAB account linked to the checking account. None of my other accounts are linked. The software gives you a template to start, and you can tailor it to suit your needs. That takes a couple of months to get everything right. But it will come. It’s kind of fun and addicting. You can see their free little tutorials on their site, and Nick True on YouTube has a ton of short tutorials. He taught me a lot about it in the beginning.

There is also a great Facebook “fan” page, if you’re on Facebook. It’s a huge group page—very busy!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any updates from the “new” users in this thread? Here is the active FB group if you’re interested in it. The topics are hugely helpful!
E8DB5DB3-648F-4BEE-A3E3-7DB8858E88E5.jpeg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped using the app several months ago. I wanted to start being able to track spending in certain categories and project cash flow. I ended up creating a spreadsheet.

YNAB was a great tool to start changing my mindset and helped me create some good habits.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I no longer follow the app but I did keep following the program on paper. Yes actually writing out a projected budget for the month on a notepad lol! It works though.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hannah from YNAB got engaged!! She does regular videos for the company, and I love her topics and good humor about it all.... in this episode, she invited her fiancé to come talk about how he planned and budgeted for the ring—and how he handled going over budget for her dream ring! No close ups of the ring, unfortunately!

If I could figure out how to comment on YouTube videos, I’d give feedback about buying from a jeweler that offers a good upgrade policy, hah! I know you know I’m not joking.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech a few easy steps to comment.

1. Make sure you are logged in to your YT account.

2. Below the video you will see the comments section with some arrows on the right. Click the arrows

9AC3B118-AB3F-4B1F-9CEE-E69911CA9763.jpeg

3. This will expand the comments so you can read them. Also at the top there is a section called “Add a public comment”. Click on it.

00F663B0-1920-48AE-BDB4-7DF5C283B5AB.jpeg

4. Now you should be able to type what you want.

FEE36DD9-2A27-4642-9345-AC61B79C408D.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results