you liked the keys now you have the locks

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
from Tiffany new collection...

tiffanylocks.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know, just conceptually ... I like the idea of having a key, of being able to open doors, etc. The idea of wearing something that looks like a shackle around my neck? Brr, pass. Then again, I find the Cartier "Love" bracelets creepy for similar reasons, so ... yeah.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'm not really feeling these...they look clunky and just aren't very visually appealing to me.

Circe|1292464794|2798129 said:
You know, just conceptually ... I like the idea of having a key, of being able to open doors, etc. The idea of wearing something that looks like a shackle around my neck? Brr, pass. Then again, I find the Cartier "Love" bracelets creepy for similar reasons, so ... yeah.

LOL exactly.. I agree they look like shackles... These seem nothing like tiffany to me at all... eek not cute.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Count me as another tally for the "not a fan" group. They look way too bulky for my taste, plus I like a little more sparkle.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yp - too clunky and, quite frankly, they look like gangster chains.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
EPIC FAIL! :knockout:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
yeah they look a bit cheap to me, like the padlocks on cheap padlock bracelets at a mall store?

Circe, i also find the Cartier 'love' bracelets a bit creepy, and a bit masculine to be a lovey-dovey kinda gift...

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Blackpaw and other girls/women thanks for looking; but I just posted to show the "new" item, so overpriced and famous names does not mean good taste all the time.
I wouldn't wear it at all. :knockout:

Inspired by Tiffany Keys a local jeweler here in Brazil made in June (when we celebrate Valentine's Day) their own keys way better and smaller than the original from T, bad me I should have take pics... sorry.

Hugs to all

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Blackpaw|1292868241|2801844 said:
Circe, i also find the Cartier 'love' bracelets a bit creepy, and a bit masculine to be a lovey-dovey kinda gift...

Yes! I hadn't put my finger on that part of it, but contextually, that's such a big part of it. I actually LIKE most "masculine" jewelry, but it you make it into a ... mark of ownership, almost, the context gets a lot less "empowering," and a lot more, well, creepy.

Fogdancer, I'm glad you posted it! I like the board a lot more when we can discuss things objectively as opposed to just voting "hawt" vs. "not." :twisted: And I do hope you post a link or somesuch to the Brazilian jeweler you reference: so many people are doing cool things with the key symbolism. Have you seen Julia Kay Taylor's "Key to Sweetness" series? They're shaped like golden honeycombs and inset with jeweled bees - so clever, and so well-done!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1292464794|2798129 said:

Agree on both counts.

Wearing a lock would be, um, kind of weird, I would think. Neither "shackles" in and of itself nor "locks" on women has a good connotation.

And I'm not a fan of the LOVE collection. Fake screw motifs? What's up with that?

I'll add that all of the men's collections at Tiffany, Harry Winiston, and Cartier, to me they are "overly-masculine" if that make sense. The aesthetic is kind of caricatured. To me it's like they're saying, it has to be very, very, did I mention, very masculine so that you know it's "ok" for men to wear it. I can't get into that.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fogdancer|1292869928|2801861 said:
Blackpaw and other girls/women thanks for looking; but I just posted to show the "new" item, so overpriced and famous names does not mean good taste all the time.
I wouldn't wear it at all. :knockout:

Inspired by Tiffany Keys a local jeweler here in Brazil made in June (when we celebrate Valentine's Day) their own keys way better and smaller than the original from T, bad me I should have take pics... sorry.

Hugs to all

Fogdancer, I really appreciate you posting the pic! Due to things going on in my life I feel out of the loop on a lot of things and PS helps me stay informed with regard to what's going on in the jewelry world. It's interesting to see the latest styles and trends.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder who thought that locks were a good concept?...I bet that person will be out of a job soon, lol!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a fan. Also didn't Tiffany already have locks at one point.. They kind of looked like padlocks. They weren't very sturdy. The quality of Tiffany Silver has gone DOWN while the prices have gone up.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I concur with you all about the the locks. I now must look up the Cartier "love" bracelets, however, since I have no idea what they

look like! Thank you for posting the photos, Monica. If no one took the time to do that, I, at least, would be uninformed about a lot

of new trends!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn't get the part about how the bracelet has a screw and you lock you partner up.

And I still don't like the fake screw motif.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
read a sci-fi fantasy book years ago...title long forgotten...but part of the societal norm was that jewelry was seen as a form of subjugation of women.......

MoZo

ps love sci-fi, love my jewelry!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't know but I think it's far more likely to be an expression of social class and political power. In England during the time of Henry VIII it seems that men wore as much jewelry as women and there was a "sumptuary" law dictating who could and couldn't wear what. If you weren't at a certain level of society you weren't allowed to wear jewelry (I find that very surprising and annoying).

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
So some of these are on the Tiffany US site. They look smaller than I thought they'd look. The concept still creeps me out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results