shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they don't obsess overr keeping rheir jewelry clean, buy a special device to help them do so, and stongly consider buying the pro level version of said device b/c the consumer stuff is no longer good enough :lol-2:;)2

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When they believe in bargains

When they think bigger is always better

When they think if the mall appraisal says 20k and they insure it for 20k, the replacement ring will be worth 20k

I actually got into a real argument with someone over this last week....I wanted to hit my head against the wall.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you know you’re a PSer when a work colleague is showing off their new engagement ring and the voice in your head is saying
“Lower colour, probably I or J, clarity in the S1 range, hmmm carbon flecks, cast setting, white gold rhodium plated - should have gone for Platinium and tsk task that bottom ring prong is slightly askew”.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they’re talking about someone’s new ering, so you get excited and ask what it looks like... and the response is, “...umm, it’s a square one I think!”

Oh... cool then. :|
upload_2019-2-7_23-35-39.gif

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG thank goodness I'm not the only one with TONS of bling pics on my phone. I have dogs and bling on my phone. That's it. I often have to scroll through embarrassing numbers of ring pics when showing people pics of my dogs.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And you know you’re a PSer when a work colleague is showing off their new engagement ring and the voice in your head is saying
“Lower colour, probably I or J, clarity in the S1 range, hmmm carbon flecks, cast setting, white gold rhodium plated - should have gone for Platinium and tsk task that bottom ring prong is slightly askew”.

I’m going to hide my ring from you Bron, as it was purchased Pre Pricescope :lol:.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
OMG thank goodness I'm not the only one with TONS of bling pics on my phone. I have dogs and bling on my phone. That's it. I often have to scroll through embarrassing numbers of ring pics when showing people pics of my dogs.
Same here, I let my friends scroll through photos of my pets and then you have photos and videos of me with my jewelry in different lightings. This is embarrassing to me because none of my friends are into jewelry hahaha.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in UK, need I say more?

DK :lol:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Same here, I let my friends scroll through photos of my pets and then you have photos and videos of me with my jewelry in different lightings. This is embarrassing to me because none of my friends are into jewelry hahaha.
I meant to say that my friends aren't into jewelry.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having to watch a teacher at my school put her finger flat on the top of her beautifully cut 2.5ct cushion solitaire ALL day long & meddle with it until it looks like a lump of soap..... o_O

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know someone’s NOT a PSer when...
...a coworker shares an experience of “I thought of you this morning, when I was in the shower & realized my rings weren’t on my finger. I left them in my locker at the gym, last night!! lol!”.
Lucky her, they were STILL THERE! I asked her if she or her DH had insured them, and her exact response to me, as she looked at me over the top rim of her glasses was, “I don’t have YOUR rings.” :lol-2:
Love this woman, but I nearly had a STROKE, when she told me!!! :knockout:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
You know someone’s NOT a PSer when...
...a coworker shares an experience of “I thought of you this morning, when I was in the shower & realized my rings weren’t on my finger. I left them in my locker at the gym, last night!! lol!”.
Lucky her, they were STILL THERE! I asked her if she or her DH had insured them, and her exact response to me, as she looked at me over the top rim of her glasses was, “I don’t have YOUR rings.” :lol-2:
Love this woman, but I nearly had a STROKE, when she told me!!! :knockout:
Omg! Reading that nearly gave ME a stroke x.x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they don't immediately check out the jewelry other people are wearing.

When they don't know the difference between an OEC and an MRB.

When they don't take lots of photos of diamonds and their pets together.

Related to the above when they don't get the "photo" shoots one has with one's bling and one's pets.

francescaandringinbed.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.30.35 AM.png

When their phone has photos of people and not diamonds (and animals and bikes and hair in my case lol).

When they think one's ER is forever or at least one's ER lasts the length of one's marriage (lol never heard of "upgrading").

When their dh isn't trained in bling talk and has no clue about the things your dh is well versed in...Our DHs are more knowledgeable re bling than the general non PSer female. I mean my dh doesn't blink an eye when I discuss OECs, OMCs, MRBs and ideal cuts and chunky facets etc and he knows what the 4 Cs are. It's like a second language for him. :lol:

When our non PSer friends actually have to think about what kind of gift they want for a certain occasion vs just knowing it needs to be bling related.8)

When they have never even thought this might be necessary.
hotline bling.jpg

:kiss:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol: This thread!!! However, as I'm reading this I'm wondering if I still qualify:oops: My rings are soooooo dirty! :O But I can relate to so many of these points!

Another one: When they believe that only their spouse can buy them sparkly things. This is totally my widowed aunt, she wants jewelry, but won't buy it for herself. I asked her why, and she looked at me like I was crazy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol: This thread!!! However, as I'm reading this I'm wondering if I still qualify:oops: My rings are soooooo dirty! :O But I can relate to so many of these points!

Girl, you qualify. Not all of us clean our rings every day. I don't :oops2: but I definitely qualify as a PSer. So do you.:bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When they have more photos of their grandchild or children other than of jewelry on their iPad or phone...:oops:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the lady who works in your pharmacy shows you her dull-to-dead, completely occluded, 2 ct marquise ring with the words "I like to have a big diamond..." and the only thing in your head is

"GAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!"

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When your dog walker has a ring that looks JUST LIKE THIS - only grey-er - and you seriously want to buy her a new ring yourself, just to cut the horror in the world.

W1749KW.jpg
:lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they have more photos of their grandchild or children other than of jewelry on their iPad or phone...:oops:

Poor deluded non PSers.:cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results