shape
carat
color
clarity

You have 100,000 to be used for one bling project...GO!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the ring?

ring.jpg

yes please. Though just like a true PSer I don't think this is within budget. But I grant you the money necessary.:bigsmile:
Nope, too big! :bigsmile:
Maybe something along the lines of this one from OWD is about the right size for my lifestyle. :lol:

Attachments

• Yellow  Asscher OWD.jpg
    Yellow Asscher OWD.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 22

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Is that enough for a tiara? I really want one right now. One made of diamonds and amethysts. Nowadays I go out wearing glasses, mask, gloves, scarf and a hoodie. A tiara would make me feel really pretty :mrgreen2:.
If not, I'll settle for a nice watch and diamond studs. If there's money leftover I'll save it for when this pandemic is over and walk around Brooklyn tossing it at random people like Drake's God's plan video.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that enough for a tiara? I really want one right now. One made of diamonds and amethysts. Nowadays I go out wearing glasses, mask, gloves, scarf and a hoodie. A tiara would make me feel really pretty :mrgreen2:.
If not, I'll settle for a nice watch and diamond studs. If there's money leftover I'll save it for when this pandemic is over and walk around Brooklyn tossing it at random people like Drake's God's plan video.

Do you like this one?

ETA: Slighly over 100K I am sure but we will find a way.:halo:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I'm holding out for something with more amethysts... one with deep purple stones.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone tell my why exactly VC&A is soooooo expensive? Or is it the label on the box that adds 50%+, like Tiffany does? lol

For me, $100k would get me a 3ct colourless VVS Octavia and hopefully a Yoram Asscher with similar specs, then I could pick and choose a RHR depending on my mood :tongue:

Partly brand mark-up, but also superior design and quality, unique and timeless iconic designs. The resale value reflects that, as well. Honestly, they have the most beautiful collections of any high jewelry company. Some of their designs are fit for royalty, and I can only admire those pieces as one would enjoy an art museum. But they also make pieces that more ordinary people like me can wear more casually.

You won't get a colorless 3 ct Octavia and asscher from Yoram for $100k. Specialty cuts usually will run a little higher than a hearts and arrows round, and 3 ct F VS2 is $67k+.

You might be able to do a 2.5 ct of each! I suppose I could have Yoram cut me a larger color AVR and an antique asscher. But honestly, I am pretty content with the sizes I have (which is a good thing since I don't think I'd spend $100k on larger diamonds similar to what I already have!).

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
3-4ct emerald, F or higher, VVS or higher, ideal cut stone, platinum setting (TBD on side stones) for an alternate engagement ring!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'd design one of those tiaras that convert into multiple things.... necklace, smaller hair pieces, bracelet, brooch, etc. but i wouldn't have anywhere to wear it so i'd make it for funsies, sell it, make another one, etc....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd commission Yoram to cut the largest Octavia possible, G VS2 or better, for $99,600.

That would leave $400 for a Boonerings tension setting in cobalt chrome.

If the budget was a few million it would be a Fancy Intense or Vivid Blue Octavia diamond around 3 carat ... still in the same $400 setting.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id like to say id invest it and the balance would be bling enough but knowing my track record id spent it !
I want Wilma Flintstone klonk pearls and the quality of what the royal ladies wear - not sure how
far 100 k would go
But if we are talking US dollars im going to get alot more bang for my buck
Id use some of it on home improvements,
id like a usefully sized and architecturally pleasing sun room or conservatory to catch the morning sun in the winter in a style that is true to the age of the house - something off the kitchen - in my wildest dreams a breakfast room, mum and dad had a really awsome conservatory that we used all the time, but id be happy with a nice place to sit in the sun - the cats would love this

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1585938733160.png

Barring choices like investment and charity, if I HAD to spend so much on bling, I'd spend it on something like a non-costume version of this, studded with yellow diamonds and rubies.

Oh i love that
you could wear it in the bath like Princess Margaret :mrgreen2:
I really love that strand you had for sale of the smaller pearls
I want a rope of those for days i don't want to be Wilma Flintstone

Mind you there were multible stands of yours i love

Oh and that blue strand i saw on Pearl paradise last month !

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have $100,000USD to spend? Oh my!
Ok so I buy a 2ct set of collet-set OMCs.
1F279FEC-7D45-4127-8226-8AC7166C38F4.jpeg
I also buy a pair of 2ct clover-set OECs to alternate on a set of plain gold hoops.
893709C7-F07D-4BAC-AEEE-A82BDB139744.jpeg
While I’m at it, I reset my ering into this setting,
A6B90DE6-79BB-405F-A1E8-19A2007B2320.jpeg
making it a RH ring.
I’d deliberate about getting this asscher ring made for me

7C9B4EA2-7DB0-48E4-ADAD-A4A633F2DC75.jpeg

Or this toi et moi

66A9D8F2-63A3-467A-86E3-E0BD1723DE34.jpeg

But I’d probably just get a 2-3ct OEC solitaire with side stones like any of these. Then die happy
2C486FFF-A673-4B99-9957-F0D752F204FC.jpeg 6781A2B0-C17B-41C4-904C-8B08502685B8.jpeg 439322AD-2DEB-4DFE-8E17-16E598A85FFA.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The biggest precision-cut MRB - cut to my perfect proportions of course - that I can get my sticky paws on...

Can I throw in a trade-in as well?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
buy a house lol
Ok playing by the rules.....
Call up Yoram and say cut me the biggest Octavia in the m-t color range that 100000 can buy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call up Yoram and say cut me the biggest Octavia in the m-t color range that 100,000 can buy.

Sorry Karl.
Yoram will be busy cutting MYYYYYY monster Octavia!

Neener Neener. :tongue:

:lol-2:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
An Argyle deep pink diamond. A friend of mine has one (probs a .4) in a bezel setting (she became a doctor late in life). I've never got over the beauty of it. Colour that twinkles. Seriously.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As the price of air travel is going to sky rocket id like to visit NYC, visit Missy and buy something at Tiffinys ....and Costco ....and visit NJ of course
By a MM diamond from that place that doesn't ship overseas

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, $100k would get me a 3ct colourless VVS Octavia and hopefully a Yoram Asscher with similar specs, then I could pick and choose a RHR depending on my mood :tongue:
You better come up with more dough...:bigsmile:My guess for the Octavia itself (F VVS2) would be 90-100k.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The best Colombian emerald that money can get me. I contemplated Russian but I really want that unparalelled Colombian glow. I want me gorgeous bluish green color, clarity and lots of that glow in a square emerald cut. Have it set in a ring with tapered baguettes.

Since I do have a collection of emeralds already, I am a little torn because I do adore Paraibas. So Maybe this emerald can be “only” 2-3 carats and while going towards completing my emerald collection, I could have enough budget left for a fun Paraiba ring.

I am thinking of this game as a “gift card” type thing only for jewelry purposes. Otherwise it gets complicated. I would want to buy an apartment since prices will finally be falling here, I would want to spend on animal rescue too...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have $100,000USD to spend? Oh my!
Ok so I buy a 2ct set of collet-set OMCs.
1F279FEC-7D45-4127-8226-8AC7166C38F4.jpeg
I also buy a pair of 2ct clover-set OECs to alternate on a set of plain gold hoops.
893709C7-F07D-4BAC-AEEE-A82BDB139744.jpeg
While I’m at it, I reset my ering into this setting,
A6B90DE6-79BB-405F-A1E8-19A2007B2320.jpeg
making it a RH ring.
I’d deliberate about getting this asscher ring made for me

7C9B4EA2-7DB0-48E4-ADAD-A4A633F2DC75.jpeg

Or this toi et moi

66A9D8F2-63A3-467A-86E3-E0BD1723DE34.jpeg

But I’d probably just get a 2-3ct OEC solitaire with side stones like any of these. Then die happy
2C486FFF-A673-4B99-9957-F0D752F204FC.jpeg 6781A2B0-C17B-41C4-904C-8B08502685B8.jpeg 439322AD-2DEB-4DFE-8E17-16E598A85FFA.jpeg

Yasssss. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the price of air travel is going to sky rocket id like to visit NYC, visit Missy and buy something at Tiffinys ....and Costco ....and visit NJ of course
By a MM diamond from that place that doesn't ship overseas

We will hit all the bling places you want to and some you haven't even thought of. Looking forward to the day where we can freely travel and shop and hug in person! And buy bling of course. :kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hunt is on for the most beautiful high color 4 carat antique asscher for a three stone set by Victor Canera.

I'm in!:appl: 8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best Colombian emerald that money can get me. I contemplated Russian but I really want that unparalelled Colombian glow. I want me gorgeous bluish green color, clarity and lots of that glow in a square emerald cut. Have it set in a ring with tapered baguettes.

Since I do have a collection of emeralds already, I am a little torn because I do adore Paraibas. So Maybe this emerald can be “only” 2-3 carats and while going towards completing my emerald collection, I could have enough budget left for a fun Paraiba ring.

I am thinking of this game as a “gift card” type thing only for jewelry purposes. Otherwise it gets complicated. I would want to buy an apartment since prices will finally be falling here, I would want to spend on animal rescue too...

Yes, really I meant this for bling (though I love hearing everyone's dreams if suddenly lots of money came their/our way) and we can do another thread for other dream projects because as you know animal rescue is near and dear to our hearts to (mine and Greg's) and for sure that would be the ultimate in dreams. Saving as many animals as possible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beginning to help! Might need a halo though... :angel::lol-2:

You already have a gorgeous halo diamond-I bet we could come up with an equally gorgeous piece of bling for you. Just saying... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results