shape
carat
color
clarity

You guys helped me pick out a ring, now help me propose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trapdoor

Rough_Rock
Well I finally got a ring, and I am planning on proposing this weekend. I already have gotten her parents blessing and everything! Her birthday is coming up, and we live far away from each other for the time being because of school, so she thinks we aren''t going to be able to celebrate it for a few weeks yet.

Her birthday is in the middle of the week, but I am planning on driving up the weekend before to suprise her. It will be about a ten hour drive and she thinks there is no way we can be together. But I don''t know where to go from there. I don''t think she would like the public proposal much. A couple things I have thought of would be on my knee when she opened the door when I first got there. Another thing I thought of is having a couple little presents for her to open, and then the last one will be like a bride or wedding planning magazine. Then after she opens in propose then. I got some other stuff planned that we can do afterwards, like a live show or wax museum, but I am thinking about proposing soon after I first get there so we can be excited about it the rest of the night.

Any suggestions? should I wait and do it after we go out on the town? Should I do the fancy resteraunt thing instead? she has NO idea this is going to happen so I would be afraid that the resteraunt would tip her off.

Thanks for any advice!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
That sounds so sweet, a true surprise proposal!

The idea of proposing before going into town is great, because, like you said, it''ll permit the more intimate setting for the proposal and the rest of the evening to share in the excitement.

Is there any scenic or sentimental place around where she lives or where you''ll be meeting \that you could take her for a nice walk (weather permitting)? Do you have a song? Perhaps you could bring a cd and dance to a romantic love song that she likes and get down on one knee afterwards and propose?

Either way, the effort of driving 10 hours and surprising her will be such a wonderful moment that no matter how else you decide to do it will be memorable and beautiful. Drive safe and best wishes!
36.gif

tabu

Shiny_Rock
OMG trapdoor!!!! This is just such a cute story! I am so excited for you
1.gif
I think the present idea is a great one. Have her open a few "normal" gifts and then a bridal magazine is perfect cuz she''ll be like "why do I need this?" And thats when you get down on one knee!!!! AHHHH I cannot wait to hear what you do and how it goes
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats in advance and good luck!

Avus00

Rough_Rock
The situation you are in requires no further planning for the proposal.

Honestly, I would get there and immediately before even talking to her, tell her what you want to from the heart, and get on one knee.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 8:00:22 AM
Author: Avus00
The situation you are in requires no further planning for the proposal.

Honestly, I would get there and immediately before even talking to her, tell her what you want to from the heart, and get on one knee.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results