shape
carat
color
clarity

You all know best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Help me decide! I''m going back and forth on what I want for an engagement ring and only you PSers, with your vast knowledge, impeccable taste, and endless imaginations can help me!

My boyfriend is "surprising" me in as little as 6 weeks with a 2.5ish asscher cut, but I am going to decide on the setting. I know I love the split prong setting and I know I want it set in a basket of some sort. I also do not want a halo at this point b/c the 2.5 is already large and I am young so I don''t know if I can quite pull off the bling of a halo. I love simple and clean, which is why I love asschers, but I also like a deco-vintage-classic look.

So, that brings me to my two top faves!

1- "Clean and Classic" classic asscher with small (.25-.4 ctw) tapered baguettes in a platinum basket setting, don''t forget the double prongs when you imagine it! I''d prob go with a plain platinum wedding band.

2- "Big but dainty" asscher set in a solitaire setting, but still with some sort of basket and double prongs (any recommendations?) worn with TWO bands beneath it- first plain but thin platinum band, then closest to my palm a dainty vintage band like ones at Fay Cullen, for example. I like this option because if I travel or just don''t want to wear my e-ring, I can wear just the two bands together and look quite chic! Plus you can always collect more! example: http://faycullen.com/eternity/300/c1202t1d.html

Help!! I am seriously split! My ring size is 5.75 if that also helps you envision this scenario! Feel free to recommend any ideas or styles!

Thank you all in advance! You are enormously helpful and I promise I will post pictures when all is said and done!
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I adore asschers with tapered baguettes!
You can stack bands with that look too.
That''s my vote!
1.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im a halo girl...and an asscher girl...my 2.15 is in a halo and i love it, im 21 and i was a bit worried that it might have looked a bit funny BUT i was wrong it looks amazing lol

the tapered baguettes setting is definetly a favorite classic setting of mine and i think that a 2.5ish would look amazing in it.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
You''re right Coatimundi! Thanks for your input! I think I am being indecisive because I haven''t been able to try on in person either style with an asscher. No one in Boston seems to stock a 2-3 ct asscher, which I completely understand. When we were in the "looking" stage, local jewelers had stones sent in, but we were really just using them for knowledge and experience in determining what makes a good stone. We didn''t really get to look with various settings. My boyfriend is getting the stone from an online PS vendor, most likely.

Thanks Emilina! You make me feel more confident. I am 24, and still in graduate school, so I am a little nervous about how other students, and even professors, will react. But I know that''s silly. I am relatively tall, though, so maybe it''s proportionate?
4.gif
I''m sure you do look amazing in yours!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I think the baguettes would be great. I have also always been partial to these settings from Nice Ice. I hope the pic is big enough! [The bigger one was a tad too big to fit!]:

nice ice1 small asscher_baguettes.jpg

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Kate Hudson had a vintage deco style ER... The center stone was a asscher. She would do a lot of stacking as well. It''s one of my top celebrity favorites. What do you think?

0the%20close%20up.jpg

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Another pic of Kate Huson''s asscher ER

0the%20close%20up3.jpg

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Thanks!! I guess I CAN stack with tapered baguettes! I was worried it''d be too much, but it sure does look beautiful on Kate Hudson.

Thanks for your vote, too, Blu!

You all are really helping me feel confident with my choice! Thank you!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
So I LOVE that ring!! My dream ring, for about three years before I actually ever began to look for one, is from Nelson Rarities and has straight baguettes going N-S next to the asscher and another baguette going E-W going down the side of the band. I decided though, since looking, that it only looks spectacular like that if the center stone is humongous. Otherwise it kind of obscures the beauty of the center stone. What do you all think?

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 10:47:08 PM
Author: LoveDeco
So I LOVE that ring!! My dream ring, for about three years before I actually ever began to look for one, is from Nelson Rarities and has straight baguettes going N-S next to the asscher and another baguette going E-W going down the side of the band. I decided though, since looking, that it only looks spectacular like that if the center stone is humongous. Otherwise it kind of obscures the beauty of the center stone. What do you all think?
hmmm... Well since you are getting this ring custom made for you, you can pick out side stones that would compliment your stone rather than compete with it (make sure the baguettes are very small and dainty looking compared to your asscher). Also, you can have your jeweler raise up the center stone a bit more than the side stones... I think, if done correctly it would be a lovely ring.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Ok! I am convinced! Or more importantly, I am confident! Side stones it is!

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:41:48 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I think the baguettes would be great. I have also always been partial to these settings from Nice Ice. I hope the pic is big enough! [The bigger one was a tad too big to fit!]:

I have seen a setting like that one that Diamante posted IRL and OMG it is beautiful :)

I also love baguettes on the side of asscher''s it is a classic and clean look

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results