shape
carat
color
clarity

Yosemite proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Islandia

Rough_Rock
As yall have probably seen, I have been attempting to get some advice on a diamond for my e-ring so hopefully that will take care of itself before my planned proposal. If not I am going to find one of those cracker jack boxes for the ring and perhaps get a completely different answer than I would want. But I suppose such are the risks we take in life.

We are going to be visiting Yosemite over the weekend in June, and I really wanted to propose to my GF there because we are both passionate about rock climbing (well rock falling is probably a better description of what I do at least). Of course people have been climbing rocks since we figured out that we had opposable digits that would allow us to cling precariously to high places, however the current popularity of rock climbing was inspired largely by some of the early ascents of various routes in Yosemite. Most notably the Half Dome has become sort of the benchmark for big wall climbing and that has been our ultimate goal once we get into tip top rock climbing form (years away).

Unfortunately we will not have time to do an all day 17 mile hike to the top of the Half Dome via the easy side so I was really hoping someone might have some suggestions for other trails or hikes nearby where we can see the Half Dome. Hopefully something that is not too strenuous of a hike so we won''t be sweaty and panting when I try to tell her how I feel, but not so "touristy" that when she falls over in shock, everyone around runs up to see what happens. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Steve

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
It''s probably a little bit corny, but what about at the Chapel? If you wanted a big suprise, maybe all your friends could be inside, or be hiding behind it....You could have a "just engaged" dinner/party at the Awahnee.

small_Yosemite_Chapel_01.jpg

Islandia

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses so far. I think I will definitely try to see if we can hike towards the Chapel. I''ve taken a look through your thread as well Leviclimber so I wish you luck as well. Hopefully we both get the responses we want and I''ll keep yall updated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results