shape
carat
color
clarity

Yoga DVD recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I are getting into a fitness regimen again. We are running but we want to add some yoga for our off days. With a one year old, though, we can''t really get out to do it!

Can anyone recommend a good yoga fitness video series? Or pilates? I have done both and enjoy both types of excercise. We are looking for flexibility and core strength mostly.

Thanks!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I hear he is a creep IRL, but I have one of his yoga videos that I enjoy: Rodney Yee.

Also, not sure where you''re located or your cable service provider, but we have FREE OnDemand Fitness TV - which has loads of free exercise videos ranging from cardio to yoga to core strength, to quick abs. They change and add new ones all the time. I usually do them in the mornings, and sometimes at night with FI. It''s not his speed really, but I made him do one with me last week and we were both sucking wind - you can actually get a pretty good workout in your own living room using detergent and bleach as weights! (Get the visual image of FI with the clorox in one hand and the tide in the other...lol.)

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
dreamer, i love the namaste yoga series that comes on FitTV. i find that they have a very good flow of movement and it''s relatively easy to get into it when you are first starting out. it''s also filmed beautifully in some gorgeous locations! here''s a link

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a big fan of Namaste yoga from Fit TV

Also if you have computer access you could try the yoga today sequences... they have one free weekly session or you can pay 9.95 a month to have unlimited access to all of their classes. Classes can also be downloaded for like 3 dollars a class (which gives you a full hour session). These have been my favorites thus far... you get a full hour.. and there are breaking rest points which you could easily stop at and hit child''s pose if you wanted to. The instruction is in depth, telling you how you should feel, and how to position yourself.

I have a box set of yoga dvds from Rodney Yee which I like a lot. He has several dvds out and I find him easy to follow.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i use the pursuit of happy hips and love it.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I used to do Gaiam Videos for Pilates--brunette lady was the host...it''s been a while since I''ve done them though I do still do the moves....Can''t remember what my Yoga video was from

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I like the Barbara Benaugh videos(I used to go to her studio in Boston and loved taking class with her there) and I have to say the Rodney Yee ones are pretty good.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 10:18:04 PM
Author: taovandel
I used to do Gaiam Videos for Pilates--brunette lady was the host...it''s been a while since I''ve done them though I do still do the moves....Can''t remember what my Yoga video was from
Is that Ana Caban? I have her Pilates dvds and love to do them.

Mari Winsor also has some good Pilates dvds

For Yoga:

Shiva Rea: Daily Energy - Vinyasa Flow Yoga - more for experienced beginners

I ditto the Rodney Yee dvds, but first check them out online to see the level you will be working at to make sure they fit your skill level.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen the Rodney Yee dvds around. Why is he a creep in real life?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
yup ana caban! That''s her! I love her videos

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
me too, love the ana caban pilates videos!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 5:10:09 PM
Author: oddoneout

I don''t know any of this first-hand or for sure, but apparently he had relationships with his yoga students while still married. He is now divorced and remarried to one of his yoga students - which violates one of the pillars of yoga (something I know nothing about). Doesn''t change my impression of his great yoga DVDs though.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 10:05:01 PM
Author: megumic
Date: 2/19/2010 5:10:09 PM

Author: oddoneout

I don''t know any of this first-hand or for sure, but apparently he had relationships with his yoga students while still married. He is now divorced and remarried to one of his yoga students - which violates one of the pillars of yoga (something I know nothing about). Doesn''t change my impression of his great yoga DVDs though.

What a creepy guy then.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I will look into them all!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I do Pilates 3-4 times per week and I do the Winsor Advanced Pilates. Honestly it''s the only thing that tones my core and I''ve done it all! It''s a little tough at first but once you''ve done it a few weeks you''ll be able to do all the exercises and you will see results! I swear it made me taller!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results