shape
carat
color
clarity

Yikes, I think this ocean air is getting inside my head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeaStar

Rough_Rock
A little background: we just moved from a musty, moldy, 100% urban apartment complex to an oceanside home in a beautiful neighborhood with a daycare and elementary school down the street. It''s the kind of neighborhood where everyone walks their dogs at night, sits on each others'' porches and chit chats, and then you walk across the street and there are beachside food and ice cream stands, and benches that surround the water to watch boats and planes pass by. It is my dream home in my dream neighborhood so far.

I never ever wanted children before. We lived in a crappy area in a cramped apartment and were both miserable. Our walls would shake from the vibration of the neighbors'' bass, there was vandalism and crime rampant around the complex, and the school system was atrocious. We didn''t really see an end in sight to be able to move and children never factored into the equation in any way, shape or form. Something happened in our apartment complex and it was the last straw for us. I didn''t care if we lived in a box but we were getting out of there. We''ve been here for a week and I''m absolutely in love. It''s like something has taken over me. I''m so happy, I love opening my windows and smelling the salty air, I love to clean my home and can''t wait to have company. I feel light and free and like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We were upstairs together looking at the water and debating what to do with the upstairs space, and Fi gave me a big hug and and talked about how to fill it for now, and out of nowhere I just blurted out what a beautiful nursery it would make. He squeezed me tight. The other night we were talking about how the schools are right down the street and he said something like "we could raise children here." It''s so amazing how something like a new home can turn your dreams 180 degrees. We went from joking about how we would be the elderly couple with 50 cats to joking about a future nursery. I better be careful not to let this slip in front of friends, they''ve been taking bets how long it would be before we ended up having children for years now.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Awww, what a sweet story! There is something so magical about living near the ocean. I can''t wait to move back to the coast. Your neighborhood sounds a lot like the one I grew up in. I used to love walking along the beach, stopping at the little shops, and grabbing ice cream after a meal. Sounds like heaven! I hope to raise my kids in an area like that too.
What coast are you on (if you don''t mind me asking), east or west?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Your story made me smile. I''m glad you''ve found a true Home. It is amazing that when everything lines up, your inner desires come out!

SeaStar

Rough_Rock
Thank you! East coast, up on the north shore of Massachusetts.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

I''m so happy for you, what a wonderful thing.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 3:11:06 PM
Author: SeaStar
I had a feeling your were going to say the northeast!
9.gif

I grew up in southern Maine so I know how great those New England summers are all too well. I look forward to moving into a neighborhood like yours one day.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 3:11:06 PM

Oooh the NS is lovely! You''ll have to come to our next Boston area get together.

SeaStar

Rough_Rock
Hudson, what part of MA (generally speaking) are you in? We are in the Marblehead/Swampscott/Salem area. I didn''t know there were many Boston-area PSers on here!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow that sounds amazing! Where you live is so important. I''m glad you''re in such a wonderful place now.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 8:49:53 PM
Hudson, what part of MA (generally speaking) are you in? We are in the Marblehead/Swampscott/Salem area. I didn''t know there were many Boston-area PSers on here!

I live in RI actually, but I used to live in Reading and I currently work in Boston (financial district). When I was very little we lived in Marblehead. It''s such a great area.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
SeaStar, I can definitely relate!

I love the North Shore--it is absolutely beautiful up there and DH and I go up for clams and ice cream often. DH would like to consider buying up there, but his entire family is on the South Shore. We intend to buy a house in Scituate soon--we love the laid-back fisherman town feeling of it with the little town center and can definitely see ourselves walking around with an ice cream cone in one hand and a baby in the other. We''ve been renting homes all along the south shore and so far, the breezy beachy, small-town feeling is exactly what we love.

I think that when you''re in a town that feels like a great place to raise kids, it just makes you think more about it :) Nothing wrong with that!! Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results