shape
carat
color
clarity

YG rolex watch and planinum ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Hi guys:
What do you think about pairing a yellow gold rolex masterpiece with a platinum e-ring? I have the options to switch to the white gold rolex, but I love the classic yellow look.
Thanks for your thoughts!

rlx333.jpg

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Here''s the ring--I have the matching eternity band too....

bdr333.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think now days you can mix metals and it is fine...do what you like, I think the white gold watch is nice too, hard choice!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring would look just fine with the gold Rolex...especially since the watch has a white dial and diamond bezel.

(Maybe this is bad, but if I had a gold Rolex, I'd want it to be YG so that everyone would know it isn't stainless steel!
5.gif
)

widget

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Widget
That is so funny...I thought the exact same thing
1.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:56:28 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think now days you can mix metals and it is fine...do what you like, I think the white gold watch is nice too, hard choice!
Agree 100%. Everyone is mixing metals and Yellow Gold is very stylish and beautiful. Go for it!

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that watch, and think it will look awesome with your ering. I love to mix metals, anything goes these days.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else, mixing and matching is fine! Especially with those two gorgeous pieces!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who owns a yellow gold Rolex and she recently upgraded her diamond engagement ring to a platinum setting. She wears them both together every day and it looks fantastic!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:58:56 AM
Author: widget
I think your ring would look just fine with the gold Rolex...especially since the watch has a white dial and diamond bezel.

(Maybe this is bad, but if I had a gold Rolex, I''d want it to be YG so that everyone would know it isn''t stainless steel!
5.gif
)

widget
My thoughts exactly.

My movado watch has a black face in plated 18K gold and I think it competes a bit with my 18K white gold diamond ring. I tend to wear my two tone cheap watch more often as it seems to blend better - especially in summer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can tell the difference between a WG or a platinum Rolex b/c they come with different style bracelets then a S/S watch.

btw; love your MOP with gold roman dial.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:58:56 AM
Author: widget

(Maybe this is bad, but if I had a gold Rolex, I''d want it to be YG so that everyone would know it isn''t stainless steel!
5.gif
)

widget
Wow, now I feel bad for buying a stainless steel Rolex. But I couldn''t afford a gold one, so this will have to do.

By the way, I''m not a matchy matchy person, but I prefer to keep all my jewelry the same color. Mixing yellow gold with white metals always looks a little off to me, but that''s just my opinion.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I have the Ladies Platinum Yacht-Master and if I didn''t know any better, I would think that it''s stainless steel.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears a yellow gold watch (not rolex, its a baume and mercier tank style) with a platinum 5 mm comfort fit wedding band. And I think it looks fine.

It was my 40th bday gift to him. I was going to buy him white gold but he thoght the white gold looked like stainless steel and he always wanted a gold watch. To him gold meant yellow and white means stainless steel and platinum. And I was not going to get him a platinum watch LOL.

Enjoy your watch, its beautiful! And pretty rings too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results