shape
carat
color
clarity

YG alternate band/ring...one of these? Help!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all...I've I been looking for a YG band or ring as an alternate with my ER for a while and don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Please give me your thoughts on these latest contenders.

Hearts on fire eternity (~1k). Pros: comfy, sparkly. Cons: Not a fan of milgrain, not sure if I like the contrast w my yellow stone
20180228_133904.jpg 20180301_100026.jpg

Rose cut colored five stone (~1.4k)
Pros: like the multicolored stones, high quality rose cuts, and warmth. Different. Cons: too chunky? Too pricey for what it is?
20180301_134257.jpg 20180301_134228.jpg

Floral eternity (~1.5k) would make a custom version of this that fit my ring better. Pros: pretty, unique, matches the floral theme of the ER. Cons: lots of little stones = high maintenance. Over the top?
20180301_095719.jpg
20180301_095815.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tbh I don’t like any of them - the straight channel set HOF clashes with the more organic look of your ering and the other two detract from it by being bigger or busier imo - and your ering is lovely so deserves to be the star.
Would a simple single cut band or engraved floral band be a better match? What look are you going for?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other rings I've been considering:

A multistone colored band like this one from diamonds by lauren that would echo the round cut and yellow color of the ER (these are 1-1.5k)
upload_2018-3-1_14-14-17.png

A plain/curved yellow gold band for ($500 or less) like this one from david klass
il_340x270.1413875842_88la.jpg

ANALYSIS PARALYSIS...! :confused2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tbh I don’t like any of them - the straight channel set HOF clashes with the more organic look of your ering and the other two detract from it by being bigger or busier imo - and your ering is lovely so deserves to be the star.
Would a simple single cut band or engraved floral band be a better match? What look are you going for?

i was looking for something that would work with the ring but also stand alone but it's proving harder than i expected. i could just get the YG equivalent of my WG band...

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that’s a hard challenge. Can you show your WG band with your ering?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSX_20171016_105902.jpg

I think this only works b/c of the contrast in color though, when I've tried on YG bands it didn't look as good.

Here are a couple of others I considered from Etsy... hesitatant as I've had hit or miss results w/ Etsy jewelry.

il_340x270.826478608_5xan.jpg

upload_2018-3-1_14-30-29.png

Thanks for any additional ideas!

Elepig

Rough_Rock
If the floral eternity were much smaller, maybe mostly single layer of bezels with one or two 'leaves'. But yeah, none of the rest seem to go with it. Perhaps something vintage, like bezels above, or a lovely engraved band - scroll work - that will complement your ER, not fight it.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the floral eternity were much smaller, maybe mostly single layer of bezels with one or two 'leaves'. But yeah, none of the rest seem to go with it. Perhaps something vintage, like bezels above, or a lovely engraved band - scroll work - that will complement your ER, not fight it.

I agree the floral eternity would have to be much thinner to work..2-3mm with the "leaves" maybe extending out further.

I am a weirdo in that I don't really like milgrain or engraving (on me) but I chose a floral and kind of antique-y looking ER. Now I'm struggling to find other bands that work without being overly vintage looking. Thanks for the suggestions =)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I really like the 3rd flower band. It's off-beat and eye catching.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I really like the 3rd flower band. It's off-beat and eye catching.

it's a beautiful ring, i think it would have to be revised some to work with my other ring though.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Mercy me. Choices. I love how #3 looks witb your ring. If you go custom, maybe have it made a smidge narrower in width. Also, if you are worried about maintenance, go with a 3/4 design, rather than full eternity.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say I like any of them with your ering either. The first one seems to be a completely different style from your gorgeous ering and I think the other ones compete with your ering. Of course the ones that compete with your ering would do better as a stand alone ring.

What about a scattered diamond band? I like the plain WG band with your ring and some scattered diamonds would add some sparkle.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I think I drove the sales people at the jewelry stores in town a little crazy with trying so many things on. I picked up a pre-loved band to use for a while before deciding whether it makes sense to spend 5-10x on something custom...will share some more pics once it's here. I really like the rose cut 5 stone, just not with my ER and I do not need to be shopping for a RHR.

@LawmaLlama btw your avatar ring = drool :kiss2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say I like any of them with your ering either. The first one seems to be a completely different style from your gorgeous ering and I think the other ones compete with your ering. Of course the ones that compete with your ering would do better as a stand alone ring.

What about a scattered diamond band? I like the plain WG band with your ring and some scattered diamonds would add some sparkle.

I tried an etoile with it and that didn't look good either. Maybe a thinner scattered band.

The one I picked up for now is a YG floral band...I'll need to get the finish brushed and the color of the gold isn't going to match perfectly but I think it will work ok.

6051818.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, personally, like the HOF band with your ring. I am of the opinion that a channel set eternity pretty much goes with everything, and I like the milgraine with your ring. It is a simple and classic look that says 'wedding band' and goes with most anything.

I don't know what you are interested in spending but I think CVB rivierie band would be killer with your e-ring. (French cut and rounds channel set)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, personally, like the HOF band with your ring. I am of the opinion that a channel set eternity pretty much goes with everything, and I like the milgraine with your ring. It is a simple and classic look that says 'wedding band' and goes with most anything.

I don't know what you are interested in spending but I think CVB rivierie band would be killer with your e-ring. (French cut and rounds channel set)

Thank you! That Riviere is so beautiful but I'd like to keep it under 1500...I actually contacted CVB originally about the ER but she must have been busy because I stopped getting emails back after her first reply. Thought about the "Afterglow" too but also over budget. Love her stuff.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp this arrived and it also looks too busy together but will do for now. I think I need to concede to a plain or subtly ornamented band. Thank you everyone for the advice and suggestions! =)

PSX_20180308_125846.jpg

Last edited:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you thought of an orange blossom band? I think that would be a nice touch, otherwise I like the yellow stone one from Diamonds by Lauren. :D

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp this arrived and it also looks too busy together but will do for now. I think I need to concede to a plain or subtly ornamented band. Thank you everyone for the advice and suggestions! =)

PSX_20180308_125846.jpg
Why tho? What elements do you think are interfering with your overall look?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you thought of an orange blossom band? I think that would be a nice touch, otherwise I like the yellow stone one from Diamonds by Lauren. :D

I had considered this one which has that look without being too vintage. It's an etsy shop and i've had some etsy misses in the past year so a little hesitant. Thank you for reminding me about it though.

upload_2018-3-8_22-38-25.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why tho? What elements do you think are interfering with your overall look?

The wider bands I've tried (and there are so many more I haven't posted) don't seem to go well with the ER...a lot of bands I've tried (wide & narrow, curved & straight) just don't sit well with it b/c of its shape. Looking for something that will go with it and be a bit more fun than my white gold band and look ok on its own without being super vintage or deco. it's a lot to ask, I guess! I figure if I wait it out, maybe I'll just know it when I see it. =P

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had considered this one which has that look without being too vintage. It's an etsy shop and i've had some etsy misses in the past year so a little hesitant. Thank you for reminding me about it though.

upload_2018-3-8_22-38-25.png

I love this one! Your ER is BEAUTIFUL! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results