shape
carat
color
clarity

yey got the diamond - 1.5 cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoKa

Rough_Rock
I got my rock yesterday. YEY!!! Now just need a setting. I already decided on a leon solitaire. I am suppose to call him tomorrow to talk about the details. But first I need your opinions... I never considered it before but seeing the diamond in the clamp set EAST-WEST style intrigued me. I love it but is my diamond to small to set it east-west? Does east-west make the diamond look even smaller? Please let me know what you think

Specs:

Cushion Brilliant
1.53 carat
Color - I
Clarity SI1
Depth 69.3
Table 65.55
Measures 6.92x6.36 =1.09 ratio
My ring size is 5.75

Oh yeah, and it''s from GOG.

1.53 cushion in clamp.JPG

JoKa

Rough_Rock
Here it is in the clamp set north south

1.5 cushion north south.JPG

JoKa

Rough_Rock
another one

with cat.JPG

JoKa

Rough_Rock
last one

close up1.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure about the east-west setting, but your stone is gorgeous and so is your kitty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!

kjt

Rough_Rock
Your diamond is beautiful! I dont see why your diamond would appear smaller with an east-west setting. If you think that that is the setting you want, go for it!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
I personally think the east-west setting looks amazing!!... And actually, I think it does look bigger that way.

JoKa

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys. I should probably say that the one north-south picture is not my finger but Sarah''s at GOG. The rest of the pictures are my fingers. Not sure if that makes a difference when comparing size.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I actually think it looks a bit bigger east to west because it covers more finger. It would look stunning either way.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous! I also like the looks of it set east/west, and agree that it actually may look larger that way. I sometimes stick my ring between my fingers east/west to see what the stone would look like, and it always looks bigger to me!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 12:47:40 AM
Author: 4ever
I actually think it looks a bit bigger east to west because it covers more finger. It would look stunning either way.
Ditto! I think it looks much bigger e-w! I love it!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful, JoKa

looking forward to seeing it in its final resting place. :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone! And the kitty is so cute too!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I love it on your hand, love it E-W, and, I too, think the diamond appears a little larger that way. Plus, I especially like the fact that the E-W setting is more unusual and unexpected. Can''t go wrong either way...
36.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Because I have an asscher, and am therefore prone to immediate DSS, I think you should set it N-S. I love my asscher, but I always think that it looks so short for the carat weight that it is, partly b/c everyone else sets their stones N-S. I have good width on mine, but at a glance, it''s the height that makes it look larger. Also, it depends on your fingers, they look long and slim like mine, which doesn''t help to make the stone look larger. If you set it N-S it helps fill that space.

Also setting it N-S is classic and you''ll never tire of it. You''re setting it in a Leon setting, you don''t want to ever have to change it. You know? Just my own thoughts. Either way will be gorgeous!

Congrats and wear it in health and happiness!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know why but the diamond looks bigger to me in the first picture...is that EW? Its not setting straight so I cant
really tell. I''m thinking EW is the way to go.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love the cushion! And another vote for EW - I think it accentuates the spread more, and actually makes it look larger.

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Gorgeous!!!

JoKa

Rough_Rock
ok you guys, I feel so silly right now, but I just found out how easy it is to undo the clamp and change the direction of the diamond. So here it is finally on my hand set north- south. The north south picture above was on Sarah from GOG hand.

north south my hand 1.JPG

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the E-W camp. With a 5.75 finger width, the E-W setting will give a much greater finger coverage and the illusion of greater size.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! I vote for the E/W

JoKa

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! Looks like east-west is the winner. Thank you all for your honest opinions. I''m still undecided but I have a few days till I send it in to Leon. I wish I could ask someone who can see it in person but the engagement is supposed to be a surprise, so I can''t show it to anyone. Thank goodness for pricescope!!! lol
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like it EW. Beautiful stone!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Nice rock!! I personally like it set north/south, but that''s just me!
41.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
E/W looks awesome on your finger! I can''t wait to see it in it''s setting!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m torn between the two, but LOVE your diamond....what a BEAUTY!!!
30.gif

Lori

Souffle

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your cushion! I vote EW setting in a setting similar to that of Scarlet16. BEAUTIFUL! Let us know what you decide on after the call with Leon. THANKS!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
EW. It''s a gorgeous stone
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results