shape
carat
color
clarity

Yes, Please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock

MBDP.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love.gif
Yes
love.gif

Much nicer and I think a little more practical. Good choice.

reena

Ideal_Rock
no chrono, not for me, my setting's already in the works.
2.gif
i'm not into plain solitaires for myself. just general drooling.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see. I guess I'm just a plainer gal then.

So which one did you choose? The one with the fancy design under the ring?

reena

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the leon setting with the small diamonds in the basket under the stone. (Pic is posted somewhere on here; I think in my SMTR post for my stone.) My setting will have less "going on" under the stone, though, since my diamond is a few carats smaller than that monster in the photo.
1.gif

I know the choice is a lot different than what others typically seem to like/choose for e-rings around here (and everywhere). . . but I think that's actually part of its appeal for me.
2.gif
My mom thinks along the same lines as you do, though, and suggested I get something simpler . . . but as they say, when you see "the one", you know it.

All that being said, the ring above (it's a michael b from pearlmans) is almost gorgeous enough to make me reconsider!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/10/2004 12:55:25 PM reena wrote:

no chrono, not for me, my setting's already in the works.
2.gif
i'm not into plain solitaires for myself. just general drooling.----------------

Wow, you call that plain?
naughty.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
I stand corrected! You're totally right.
1.gif
I guess what I really mean is, a solitaire-style setting (as opposed to something with a bezel/halo or sidestones).

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
reena that michael b setting is gorgeous
love.gif
i still like the one you picked for your cushion though. did you get to try on any of leon's rings? is it comfortable to wear one of those with the diamonds all around?

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to be the slow one in the group...but who is Leon?

I am still new to all this. LOL

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are refering to Leon Mege of www.artofplatinum.com

He makes really delicious looking jewelry that are very delicate and with his trademark teeny tiny double prongs

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
drool........
love.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono. I am going to check out his website right now.
9.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, sorry--so lame of me to be referring to him on a first name basis. hi, i'm a total geek.
wavey.gif

KBerly: unfortunately leon only does custom work (there i go again with the leon!), so he didn't have an exact replica of that ring for me to try on. (this does make me a leeeeeetle nervous. please tell me i shouldn't be worried!)

however i did try on another of his pave rings (as well as numerous others at different stores) and the really thin pave ones (as mine will be) don't tend to bother me. now, i suppose it could be a different story wearing it all day long as opposed to 2 minutes in the store. but then, i have never been the kind of girl that likes ANYTHING--clothes, shoes, underwear--that doesn't also happen to be completely uncomfortable!!
2.gif

jk

reena

Ideal_Rock
so back to the original theme of my post: YES, PLEASE!!!!
6.gif

www.escobardiamonds.com

YP1.JPG

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY!!!
love.gif
that's a big Yes, PLEASE!!

and girl, you know you have nothing to worry about if your beloved cushion is in his hands, it'll be perfect and comfortable, if not, the beauty will distract from the uncomfortableness (mouthful)...i don't know how you're keeping your composure during the waiting process...i assume it's finding these beautiful pictures!!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks!
1.gif
you're right, i'm going nutso with the wait and distracting myself by looking at these saliva-inducers! Plus it's a lot more fun than actually working. (Bad Reena.)

reena

Ideal_Rock
mother of god

Yum1.JPG

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
For the love of Mike! I hope that thing comes with a jack so that you can lift your hand.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i'd be perfectly happy to walk around with my left arm dragging on the ground cro-magnum style for the rest of my life if i had that slurpy piece of love-ice on my finger

reena

Ideal_Rock
i'd honestly be willing to have only one finger

asschergraff.JPG

jenniferdukedodd

Rough_Rock
OK, Reena, I like your taste in jewelry! I'm new here, and this is the second ring you've posted that I am salivating over (talking about the one labelled "mother of God"). Sheer perfection!

~Jennifer

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Are you sure that's a diamond? Cuz I'm pretty sure at least one of the gangs in my neighborhood walk around with rings like that, and cops confiscate them as deadly weapons...
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reena... no ofense, but none of the rings on this thread is nearly as nice as the one you ordered. Most sincerely! There has been so much of these paved thin wires of a ring around
6.gif
The flood is bound to cease.

The one you picked will be as fashionable and impressive a hundred years from now as it was a hundred years ago. I would not bet on these guys here.

Jury still out on the 20 (?) carat Graff piece.
read.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
ana--THANK you! that was a really nice thing to say.
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Reena - I absolutely can't wait to see your ring when it's done. (I know you picked something else) Your stone is fabulous - I love that type of cushion!!!! You have similar taste as myself - although I chose to go very simple - I love your ring description and can't wait to see it! If I could have 2...
2.gif

I know you are counting the weeks - I am too!

~Lisa

kaya

Rough_Rock
reena, the first picture you posted is a ring that belongs to another pricescope member. He designed it for his fiancee Karen. The reason I know this was because he was getting a Michael B ring so I emailed him about Michael B rings since I'm getting one myself and wanted to ask him some questions. He modified an existing ring, and put diamonds I belive up the prongs and they liked it so much they decided to sell it. Its a beautiful ring. My ring is being made right now at the Michael B place, so like you I'm waiting patiently (I think) but very excited.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/15/2004 8:19:32 PM goldengirl wrote:

Are you sure that's a diamond? Cuz I'm pretty sure at least one of the gangs in my neighborhood walk around with rings like that, and cops confiscate them as deadly weapons...
2.gif
----------------

hahaha!

Those last two are frightening. While pretty, not sommething Id ever be interested in owning...selling maybe.

Blasphemy I know!

reena

Ideal_Rock
lisa--thank you so much! if my ring turns out half as pretty as yours i'll be in good shape.
1.gif

kaya--that's interesting! i actually found that particular picutre on solomon brothers's website, i think, under the michael b section--it's to die for. so what you're saying is, the pricescope member created that design and asked MB to make it for him and MB liked it so much he now sells it as a stock piece? that's amazing. also PLEASE tell me more about your ring--I have a REAL soft spot for MB's stuff. i think his work is amazing.

SeanSD

Rough_Rock
That first one is stunning, some of the others are a little too Zsa Zsa Gabor, but then again I'm a guy so what do I know...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results