• No, unsure what to suggest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, get taller, slightly wider plain band

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No, get some type of art deco band

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, get twisty or twisted rope-like band

• No, get diamond and sapphire with varying stones, e.g., marquise-shaped, band

• No, none here, I'll explain in a reply

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your help!!!

I'm obsessing because I prefer the height and width to be exact. But am I being too picky? Look forward to your votes!!!

_35619.jpg

_35620.jpg

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
It's your ring(s) so wear it however you like. I too would prefer the band to be of similar height and width as the e ring. The pave on the e-ring will contrast with the plain band though so if you really want uniformity then get a pave wedding band as well.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever you like is perfect.

Even if 97% here liked X, you might be in the 3% who likes Y.
Those in the 3% are as perfect as those in the 97%.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you, I love the symmetry of the same height and width. Just size it up, and it should work, right? Well, maybe not since I didn't see a profile shot. But I LOVE the plain platinum with it. I'm about to pull the trigger on a plain platinum band too to match my ering which has diamonds on the shank.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you are wearing that diamond wedding band I think you need just a thin, barely visible separator band.

If you want something else to go with your ering, I* would like another twisty band or an art deco band (again, with a thin separator band).

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a thin cheapo twisty band from etsy as a spacer and I was so surprise how much I love the look. It adds an interesting texture to the stack. Planning on getting another one...maybe a little wider for a more substantial look. Since your e-ring is twisty too, this might be something you want to try out?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
solgen|1450208681|3961835 said:
It's your ring(s) so wear it however you like. I too would prefer the band to be of similar height and width as the e ring. The pave on the e-ring will contrast with the plain band though so if you really want uniformity then get a pave wedding band as well.

Thanks, Solgen! I do appreciate uniformity but I also prefer a non-matchy look. For example, I don't think I would want to get a band that looks exactly like the e-ring band. I also like having choices, e.g. wearing things together, maybe stacking, versus alone, or wearing e-ring on right hand and wedding band on left (especially when it's colder and my fingers are smaller).

kenny|1450209956|3961849 said:
Whatever you like is perfect.

Even if 97% here liked X, you might be in the 3% who likes Y.
Those in the 3% are as perfect as those in the 97%.

Yes, I agree with you on this, kenny. But I do very much appreciate the PS discerning eye (and honest opinion) versus my family who may not quite be as interested in minute details. ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe get a 1mm band? So it's still a plain band but it disappears more? Like a legit spacer?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1450232641|3962081 said:
Like you, I love the symmetry of the same height and width. Just size it up, and it should work, right? Well, maybe not since I didn't see a profile shot. But I LOVE the plain platinum with it. I'm about to pull the trigger on a plain platinum band too to match my ering which has diamonds on the shank.

Yes, I remember reading recently about your potential band purchase, LLJsmom. I was hoping you would chime in here, thanks! JA, which made the e-ring, is where I bought the platinum band. And I got the nice 25% off Black Friday special so it was extremely reasonable. Unfortunately, the band I think I would need that is slightly taller comes in smallest at 3mm. That will be too big. I think I need a 2.5mm to match perfectly. However, I could get the same one I showed in the picture at 2.5, but I'm not sure it would satisfy since the height would be the same (not tall enough).

tyty333 said:
When you are wearing that diamond wedding band I think you need just a thin, barely visible separator band.

If you want something else to go with your ering, I* would like another twisty band or an art deco band (again, with a thin separator band).

tyty333, I do have a .8mm palladium spacer that I wear with it. But I would like a bigger band to wear when I want a very simple look. I also like the pave bling against a plain band at times. And I can't believe JA now has a twisty band appearing on their spacer band page. It was not there on Black Friday or I probably would have ordered that one. :shock: Here is a picture:

screen_shot_2015-12-17_at_7.png

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondbug|1450274870|3962235 said:
I bought a thin cheapo twisty band from etsy as a spacer and I was so surprise how much I love the look. It adds an interesting texture to the stack. Planning on getting another one...maybe a little wider for a more substantial look. Since your e-ring is twisty too, this might be something you want to try out?

Diamondbug, what do you think of the cable band posted above?

ame said:
Maybe get a 1mm band? So it's still a plain band but it disappears more? Like a legit spacer?

I've got a .8mm spacer right now, ame, and am clamoring for a slightly more substantial piece I can wear separately. But, it can't break the bank so I have to be financially prudent. :naughty:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a plain band and I think the 2mm width looks fine but you could go thinner. I'm not sure the height is a good match though. I just went through the same situation myself and ended up having a custom band made so that the heights and widths lined up perfectly. If I could figure out how to post a pic from my iPad to the forum I would show you. Good luck!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
SparklySoprano said:

LOVE it :love: dang! Now I want one too... :(( :))

I am attaching a photo on how I stack my rings most days. The twisty/cable band is always in whatever stack of the day. It is a fav ;))

20150502_1.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo pretty, Diamondbug! :love: The cable band looks like it would be fun to wear by itself, too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparklySoprano|1450361856|3962620 said:
Diamondbug|1450274870|3962235 said:

ame said:

I've got a .8mm spacer right now, ame, and am clamoring for a slightly more substantial piece I can wear separately. But, it can't break the bank so I have to be financially prudent. :naughty:
Valid point. That twisty band is a really nice option--if it's not going to be too tall or wide.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably would do a 1.8 mm engraved band. I don't really love shiny plain or twisted with your other rings. This way you can have it made the exact height and width to work with your other band.

Here are some by Victor Canera, Caysie van Bebber, and David Klass.

_845.png

cvbengravedband.jpg

dkengravedband.jpeg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO - in your case a band that exactly matches your ER would look the best.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
SparklySoprano said:
The cable band looks like it would be fun to wear by itself, too.

Actually it is a tiny band. It is .8 mm so not really a stand alone band... wished I had gotten a thicker one, maybe a 1mm or even 1.3mm maybe? I am really thinking about the JA one that posted :naughty: , just haven't had a chance to look into it but baby, imma gonna be all over that one day after Christmas :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, I made the same discoveries as you.

I went to Tiffany to try on plain bands, and discovered that if I ordered the same size as my e-ring, which is a 4.5, the plain band looked too small. That is because the shank of my e-ring has more height, thus visually it looks like a larger size. Visually, a size 5 plain band looked more symmetrical. However, I also need the edge of the band that is in contact with my e-ring to be very low otherwise it will hit the prongs of my e-ring, which has diamonds, so I am constrained by that too.

I liked the look of the lucida which is an extremely low profile band that did not hit the diamonds of my e-ring, but had enough dome height on the band itself to look decently visually symmetrical when looking from top down. Only problem was the price, $950.

So I ordered the light domed platinum wedding band from e-weddingbands.com in a 5. Total was less than $200. I'm not sure if this will work, but the height on this ring is 1.3mm, and the lucida has an extremely low profile. Cross your fingers for me.

I'll post some pics. I will say that I am amazed at how much a little difference in size/height/width can make the hugest difference to my eyes. A little difference can change a look from "no" to a definite "yes".

In your case, I would go up half a size in the style of the plain band you have on and see if that makes a difference to you. I have tried on so many different styles next to my ering but I keep coming back to the plain band. So for me, I am pretty sure that is my top choice. It's finding the perfect one that is hard. There is at least 5 different styles of plain platinum bands on e-weddingbands.com so I definitely suggest you check it out if you want more options in height and fit. (Thanks Yssie for the suggestion!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree with LLJsmom. I prefer all the bands I wear together on one finger to be the same height and width because even a small difference throws off the look for me. You are not alone in that preference SparklySoprano.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ering is 4.5. I checked. Band is 4.5 very low profile Lucida at Tiffany. Doesn't work to me. They look like completely different sizes and if this were my only option I would not choose this at all. The height difference is completely bothersome.

So I tried on the size 5. To me the difference is like night and day. It looks so much better. From the side you can see that the visual height difference is resolved due to the larger size of the band.

So I'm hoping I chose the right style of height and size. I'll report back when I get it.

_1129.jpeg

_1130.jpeg

_1131.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes you did choose the right ring IMO LLJsmom. Looks amazing and what a difference b/w the 2 sizes. Gorgeous. :love:

Here's an extreme closeup of my 3 rings. It is not 100% an exact match but close enough because IRL you cannot see any difference. At least I cannot. I guess there is an advantage to having trouble seeing extremely close up as we get older haha.

_1132.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1450528275|3963445 said:
Yes you did choose the right ring IMO LLJsmom. Looks amazing and what a difference b/w the 2 sizes. Gorgeous. :love:

Here's an extreme closeup of my 3 rings. It is not 100% an exact match but close enough because IRL you cannot see any difference. At least I cannot. I guess there is an advantage to having trouble seeing extremely close up as we get older haha.

Yes, Missy's set totally works to me because the symmetry of the width of all three rings and the height make the look very comfortable to my eye. Even though the designs of all three are different it all still works together because the height and width match.

The bands all enhance her gorgeous boulder of an OEC, :love: , yet b/c they are different in design add visual interest to the whole look without distracting from her e-ring. Stacking at it's best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am exactly the same. It bothers me to see a ring set where one band is vastly wider (thicker/taller) than the others when viewed on the finger, such as when someone wears a large eternity that sticks out much farther than the other rings.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1450476030|3963210 said:
I probably would do a 1.8 mm engraved band. I don't really love shiny plain or twisted with your other rings. This way you can have it made the exact height and width to work with your other band.

Here are some by Victor Canera, Caysie van Bebber, and David Klass.

Diamondseeker2006, you have literally named three people whose work I have admired since getting on PS. I would love to get a custom/engraved band from any of them. Not sure of cost, but likely out of my range for the time being. Thank you for posting their beautiful pieces, and your confirmation that my reaction is not out of line.

motownmama said:
IMHO - in your case a band that exactly matches your ER would look the best.

I do love the band, motownmama, but wanted something without diamonds since my original wedding band has them. The E-ring was a reset so I was putting the cart before the horse so to speak. And now I would like a plainer option to stack all three, wear with just the e-ring, or wear alone. If I could, I probably would get it though, for a fourth option. :naughty:

Diamondbug, if you do in fact get the JA cable band, I can't wait to see it!!!

LLJ'smom, I think it is fascinating about what you discovered when going up a size, and I concur: the slightest variation absolutely makes a big difference! I can not wait to see your light domed band! My fingers are crossed for you!

Missy, love your stack for sure and thank you for the confirmation, too.

So, the results are interesting to me. 29% said "yes" to keeping what I ordered (the highest by a very slight margin). But if I look at the difference between plain band and not a plain band, it is exactly 50/50. I have to decide what I'm doing with the one I got very soon so I can return it within the window allowed. I'll think some more..... :think: Thank you all for your votes and input!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondbug, you in particular should appreciate this. I unintentionally ran into a cable band while shopping for a friend at Target. It is one of those tiny rings stuck to a package so I couldn't fit it on my finger all the way. Here are some really bad quick pics. The bottom line is both my daughter and I loved the look right away. I'm planning on ordering it from James Allen ASAP. But first I have to return the other band.

Question for all.... can I get white gold if I plan to wear a spacer band anyway? Or should I stick with platinum? My e-ring and wedding band are both platinum. Hmmm.... I think I've just answered my own question. :lol: Platinum! Now I may wait for another special sale. Does anyone remember if they do the 25% other times during year? I vaguely recall a Valentine's special, but that may only be 10%.

Thank you, all! Merry Christmas Eve!!

_35764.jpg

_35765.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely platinum and I would call James Allen and ask them when they do their biggest sale of the year. Maybe (just maybe) they will do it for you now..you never know. Glad you found a look you LOVE!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkly, just reporting back to you. The size 5, 2mm domed, light platinum band from e-weddingbands.com worked out perfectly. $198, includes shipping. I'm happy with it. My ering is 4.5. My take away is try a different size if it doesn't seem to work the first time. :razz:

_35796.jpg

_35797.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Missy! I did try to get the 25% since that is what I received for the plain band, but they said they couldn't re-apply it. :( But, I do have a 10% off coupon that could be used. Or, it looks like Valentine's Day is the next sale they usually do with 15% off.

LLJsMom: I am loving your look and it makes me wonder about trying another plain band in a different size. :wink2: But, I think I will try the cable band next since the replica seemed to really work. If it doesn't look quite right, then I will probably try another plain band. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results