shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow YAG and luYAG gemstone

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Wonder anyone can share pics of your yellow YAG gemstone or even luAG gemstones.

With a few questions about these two materials:

Would love to know how they perform in low light.

With their colour said to be highly saturated, do they appear kind of silky or glowy with n certain lighting and what would those lighting conditions be?

What’s the colour and intensity of their fluorescence. Will they fluoresce even just under sunlight?

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own any.
But I saw this acc post luAG the other day. You could probably ask him. There are some vids in different lighting.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
That stuff is insane. Need!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own any.
But I saw this acc post luAG the other day. You could probably ask him. There are some vids in different lighting.

I'd loooove to see the neon yellow YAG I have next to this one. I'm so curious about the similarities and differences

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own any.

I actually haven’t heard about luAG until seeing this IG post. That material is stunning!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I'd loooove to see the neon yellow YAG I have next to this one. I'm so curious about the similarities and differences

It’s said to be more fluorescent then yellow YAG, which is already at a neon level that few natural gems can reach.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s said to be more fluorescent then yellow YAG, which is already at a neon level that few natural gems can reach.

Amazing. I definitely want to get some cut!!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I am finally getting some of this cut!!!! Will show pics/designs soon:)

Great to learn that you’re getting some! Look forward to your comparing it with other vivid neon stones~

I’ve been struggling to make a decision whether should buy one or not as I’m having another more important piece to make at the moment! At the same time also considering that this material may not keep being supplied all the time.

It sounds perfectly durable as rings and also pendants if go big~

Glad you are buying, do share with us pics:)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you bought from Eric, but anyway this also looks gorgeous!

Is Eric angryturtle? I was trying to buy from him, but struggled to find anyone to cut it from rough, unfortunately. But TenatiousFaceting also got his rough from AT.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm so interested in this gemstone. I'll be watching as this project progresses.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New material to oogle! GAGG, and its gorgeous.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Egads, it looks like uranium glass. That eerie glow. I love this material.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like more and more possibilities on man made materials~ I just don’t like the name:)

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
I just got one from Turtles Hoard today! It's a "Ce YAG Lumogarnet," 1.15 ct 7x5.1mm. It's BRIGHT! Here are some shots in various lighting:

PXL_20220610_233546198.jpg

Indoor lighting, with the lid on the case, with a bit of afternoon sun coming in from outside.

PXL_20220610_233747624.PORTRAIT.jpg

Outside, indirect sun around 4pm.

PXL_20220610_233803978.PORTRAIT.jpg
Same time, more direct sun.

PXL_20220610_233849347.PORTRAIT.jpg
Super low indoor light.

It's really gorgeous, I didn't expect to like it this much! I'd love to see one of these set, if anyone has one.

Oh, and its buddy is a GGG (Gadolinium Gallium Garnet), which may be my new favorite material in the world.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs Has your stone come in yet? I'd love to see it next to the yellow YAG!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WANT neon yellow stones as seen in this thread!

DK :kiss2:

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own any.

Is that kryptonite?

7464C6AD-55C0-4266-BEBC-9FA2F17B5070.jpeg

It serious looks like it could be from a super hero movie. Wow!!!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I've been on a neon kick and had to grab some of the Luag, it just arrived today and my mind is BLOWN. Here are a couple videos in different lighting. This thing is bright even in the darkest room. It gives off slight rainbows like a diamond in bad indoor lighting. It looks like it's plugged in, even indoors. Outdoors? Forget about it. Your eyes can look at it, but even the video doesn't show how bright it is, if you can believe that.
Shown next to my lab paraiba sapphire from Finewater.

Plus here's a photo in the worst indoor lighting. Daytime, but no lights are on, this is in a dark room.
IMG_4397.JPG

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on a neon kick and had to grab some of the Luag, it just arrived today and my mind is BLOWN. Here are a couple videos in different lighting. This thing is bright even in the darkest room. It gives off slight rainbows like a diamond in bad indoor lighting. It looks like it's plugged in, even indoors. Outdoors? Forget about it. Your eyes can look at it, but even the video doesn't show how bright it is, if you can believe that.
Shown next to my lab paraiba sapphire from Finewater.

Plus here's a photo in the worst indoor lighting. Daytime, but no lights are on, this is in a dark room.
IMG_4397.JPG

That’s insanely beautiful. That dark room appearance speaks a lot. I wonder if any natural minerals approach this day light fluorescence level, top pink / red spinels? Seems still behind this LuAG. Hyaline Opal, not sure, but it seems it doesn’t have body colour as saturated as LuAG when it doesn’t fluoresce. Any more?

And surely many of us love the optical properties of LuAG, what I am curious is what position such gem material holds for you guys? Fun and casual jewelry stone, or May be you are ok to set it in an important piece?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
That’s insanely beautiful. That dark room appearance speaks a lot. I wonder if any natural minerals approach this day light fluorescence level, top pink / red spinels? Seems still behind this LuAG. Hyaline Opal, not sure, but it seems it doesn’t have body colour as saturated as LuAG when it doesn’t fluoresce. Any more?

And surely many of us love the optical properties of LuAG, what I am curious is what position such gem material holds for you guys? Fun and casual jewelry stone, or May be you are ok to set it in an important piece?

I too would like to know all the gemstones that have high levels of daylight fluorescence! All I've seen only fluoresce under a UV light only.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone by any chance know who does LuAG carving?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gary still has 3 pieces apparently - I am corresponding with him about Tucson next year and asked him about yellow YAG and LuAG.

He has both in stock, less of LuAG however he could get more, etc...

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results