Yellow sapphire...OPINIONS?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Tell me what you think of this yellow sapphire? :wavey:

ovalyellowsapphire.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on the picture alone, I can't say I totally dig it. It looks like it will have the half and half thing going on and for myself personally, I'm just not that jazzed by the color.

So just by that picture alone, not much about it is saying to me "buy me, you know you want me".

But if you're interested in it, It would be in your best interest to ask the seller about treatments, extinction, etc.

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is windowed. And the color does not look yellowish-yellow, it looks slightly olivish-yellow, at least on my screen. I'd wait for opinion from other PS-ers.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
looks greenish-brown to me

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian said:
Based on the picture alone, I can't say I totally dig it. It looks like it will have the half and half thing going on and for myself personally, I'm just not that jazzed by the color.

So just by that picture alone, not much about it is saying to me "buy me, you know you want me".

But if you're interested in it, It would be in your best interest to ask the seller about treatments, extinction, etc.

-A
Thanks for the post!

It is stated as Unheated Natural Oval. I like the size and shape, but Not sure about the color either. To my eyes it appears a bit brownish. I love yellow sapphires, but prefer the more pale, wheat color. But I haven't had much luck finding any that aren't too Pricey..... :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn’t look attractive to the eye. Aside from the small window, the colour is desaturated, hence appears quite brownish on my monitor. Just because it is unheated doesn’t save it in my book.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taylorbug! said:
Arcadian said:

-A
Thanks for the post!

It is stated as Unheated Natural Oval. I like the size and shape, but Not sure about the color either. To my eyes it appears a bit brownish. I love yellow sapphires, but prefer the more pale, wheat color. But I haven't had much luck finding any that aren't too Pricey..... :wavey:

I think you've got some really lovely yellow sapphs so you know what you like. I think you'll find what you want with a little patience. This stone will probably not make you too happy.

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taylorbug, if you're looking for a wheat colour (which I'm assuming is a vanilla yellow colour?) I don't think this one will rock your boat in person. It's a very brown/grey/green odd sort of yellow. Assuming it will darken when set, I'm not sure how attractive it will appear.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto me! I have to say that from the stones I've purchased, I've learned that most of the time, if it reads like that (with any dull/brown desaturation) in the photos, IRL it bugs me for similar reasons. I agree you shouldn't have too hard a time finding a yellow sapphire - I'll gladly help! :naughty: :lol:

- Minou

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
The tweezers holding the stone are barely discernible which makes me think the image could have been lightened considerably.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of the color of urine. Sorry, had to be truthful.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover said:

That's so gross and so true :shock: Really sorry about that Taylorbug :wavey:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover said:

OK, I was reading this thread, thinking that the stone resembled a huge green olive, craved olives, opened the can and... saw your post. Thanks a lot, TL! No olives for me tonight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results