shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Pear, new direction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this is pretty hootie, bean & frank, and ET free (I hope!). I actually went to one of the most obnoxious jewelry chains ever to try on some things. The craftsmanship was horrible on what I tried, and the diamonds weren''t hot either, but I wanted to see some things on my finger. After trying some things on (and drinking the free cappuchino), I put one of the shoddyist rings ever made on my finger, but the way it looked on my finger made me see the yellow pear and said "whoa. Gotta go photoshop this!". So far ladies in Cleveland like it, but hey, they also liked Hooty, Beans & Franks, and ET (if you don''t know what those mean, go read the earlier posts and catch up... :) ). Maybe we just don''t know good design here by the Burning River...

100-10069-LynnPear.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I like it. Simple, elegant, higlights the pear.

If I recall correctly, you have the pear and two of the sidestones already, right? What about changing the two outside rounds into pears, just to tie the whole look together?

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 4:26:07 PM
Author: mercoledi
I like it. Simple, elegant, higlights the pear.

If I recall correctly, you have the pear and two of the sidestones already, right? What about changing the two outside rounds into pears, just to tie the whole look together?
Pretty good memory! But I have only one of the sidestones... I was thinking pears on the end would be nice, too. Don''t know if they''ll make the overall width too big for my finger, but that will depend on the size of the outer stones, I guess. What I liked about the design of the prongs was how they echo the reach of the pear, instead of criss-crossing like some of the trellis designs I''ve seen.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Maybe little fat pears? Mayhaps someone will wander over here and photoshop you in some little fat pears on the ends?

I do like the trellis-but-not-lattice aspect, I hadn''t even noticed. Maybe a suprise yellow diamond where the legs of the lattice meet?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
That looks a lot like the Ritani 5-stone setting. Although they're not handmade, craftsmanship wouldn't be an issue on a Ritani setting. I do think they would make the setting specifically for your stone though. Normally they would supply the sidestones.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello fellow burning river resident. No we don''t know good design here in NE Ohio but we can go to Lil Jon''s Jewelry store and get educated and get a 25% discount as well. lol

Email me at [email protected] and we can share some Cleveland stories. BTW- Spoke to Big Chuck Yesterday. He is retired and way cool none the less.

Lisa aka wife of Coondog (A Cleveland/Akron thing). lol

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 6:29:18 PM
Author: LisaRN
Hello fellow burning river resident. No we don''t know good design here in NE Ohio but we can go to Lil Jon''s Jewelry store and get educated and get a 25% discount as well. lol

Email me at [email protected] and we can share some Cleveland stories. BTW- Spoke to Big Chuck Yesterday. He is retired and way cool none the less.

Lisa aka wife of Coondog (A Cleveland/Akron thing). lol

LisaRN! And I thought I was the only North Coast gal around here... welcome!! Little John Rinaldi''s place on 9th was ... well ... about as large as he is. I used to window shop Beattie''s on Euclid -- I sure do miss them! Currently my favorite B&M store is Jewelry Art in Hudson.

I think Clevelanders are too busy doing the Chicken Dance to notice haute couture and other finer things, but hey, I gotta run -- the pierogies are done!

Catch you again soon!

--Lynn

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hootie??? Where are you?
emdgust.gif
ET phone home!!! We are waiting!
emotion-40.gif

Oh guess they have both gone....your new design has no critter faces!! Woo Hoo!!! Great job!
36.gif

I do like toying with pears idea...not that you need anything else...but I hope you get some photoshop action.
emwink.gif
§

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 8:24:44 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Hootie??? Where are you?
emdgust.gif
ET phone home!!! We are waiting!
emotion-40.gif

Oh guess they have both gone....your new design has no critter faces!! Woo Hoo!!! Great job!
36.gif

I do like toying with pears idea...not that you need anything else...but I hope you get some photoshop action.
emwink.gif
§
DKS! I gotta give you props... if it weren''t for you (and your "beak" comment LOL! ) my finger would be hootin'' all over the place. But I am really, REALLY diggin'' this new design, and the euro shank rocks I think.

I will try to photoshop some pears in to see if it really makes a difference, but I think the current design elements also work. I have a student who works with me who has an ARC GIS program... maybe I can take this 2D image and do some 3D rendering if he shows me how to use the software. Oh, the possibilities!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results