shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow pear diamond pendant design help needed!

hrose

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to make a yellow diamond pendant as a gift for my mom's big milestone birthday. I have already picked the diamond, pear shaped, and the size is approx. 8 mm x 5 mm (0.72 ct). I am spending most of my budget on the diamond and keeping the setting relatively simple but still want it to be nice, thoughtful...like it all just makes sense together. I am also not going to be working with someone going back and forth with design options and just need to be as specific as possible as to what I want so hoping you all can help guide me and get this right for my mom...I really want it to be special!

Initial thoughts are bezel with milgrain, and then to add a little something, I was thinking a small round pink (maybe very light diamond, or sapphire), above the pear. I have tried to do some rough sketches below with options of how it all should be connected.I'm thinking the round and pear should be connected by a small loop so there's some movement, but then not sure between the round and either a bale, or possibly have the chain sliding through the round? I'm not sure the size of the round to the pear...I don't want it to be too large and take away from the pear so there may not be enough room for a sliding chain. Another option I drew out, if light pink diamonds are an option, instead of a single, possibly a small cluster if that may be more affordable. Whether sliding or a bale...I think I want it to be something where the pendant can't come off the chain so it won't get lost.

From there though, I'm not sure what to ask for the sides and back to look like. Any suggestions or pictures of ideas/options that would work best? Still simple but allowing light to pass through, easy to clean, and so it will sit flat

Any suggestions on chains? For something this size, just a typical 1 mm size chain, round links?

necklace.jpg

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gift!! What kind of yellow is the pear? Is it something that will need to be cupped? Or will it be yellow enough without?

My pendant might be a bit ‘much’ for what you’re looking for but does have some similar design elements (light yellow pear and light pink pear) both in small diamond halos. My yellow was meant to be cupped but the vendor (or bench) forgot to do it... so it is lighter than I had wanted unfortunately. I also can’t remember the exact stats on the stones...

5B83BE49-C09C-4961-9C25-79CFE51AF879.jpeg

Back:

42DBE938-312A-4524-9B87-1CA6A2B51E82.jpeg

Attachments

• F80E47D4-FD6A-40B1-8F27-C3409BC6F060.jpeg
    F80E47D4-FD6A-40B1-8F27-C3409BC6F060.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 43

hrose

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely gift!! What kind of yellow is the pear? Is it something that will need to be cupped? Or will it be yellow enough without?

My pendant might be a bit ‘much’ for what you’re looking for but does have some similar design elements (light yellow pear and light pink pear) both in small diamond halos. My yellow was meant to be cupped but the vendor (or bench) forgot to do it... so it is lighter than I had wanted unfortunately. I also can’t remember the exact stats on the stones...

5B83BE49-C09C-4961-9C25-79CFE51AF879.jpeg

Back:

42DBE938-312A-4524-9B87-1CA6A2B51E82.jpeg

Thank you for your reply @Crystal_Dreams! I should have thanked you way back in August..so sorry! Love your pendant, I would have loved to do something like that but spent most of the budget on the diamond so had to keep the setting relatively simple, I was running out of time so with lack of feedback for simpler designs I had to just move forward. Luckily I did find a picture of something that basically had what I wanted (just using multiple rounds instead of a pear). The yellow is a fancy intense and didn't need to be cupped...its almost ready and and the yellow really does show off nicely I can say! Can't wait to show off the final pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results