shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Yellow on yellow magic from DBL

drduncan

Rough_Rock
After much conversation with David, input from PS users and others in cyberspace, the ring I have had made is complete.
1.25ct light fancy yellow diamond with matching diamond single halo and again matching colour diamonds hand micropave in an all yellow 18ct gold custom made Uber setting. This has a somewhat semi-closed cutlet to project slightly more yellow into the diamond itself from the gold, but still having an open cutlet to visualise the base of the diamond.

Slight flare on a classic design aimed to be both unique yet timeless

image_3157.jpg image_3156.jpg image_3155.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my! That is just pure warm yumminess! It looks like it could melt...liquid gold! I Looooove it! I love love love the warmth sooo much and it is just all perfect...proportions, styling, size, everything! Congrats!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :cheeky:

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Just stunning!!! Great decision to go all gold and yellow diamonds! Cannot wait to see more pictures and hand shots!!! LOVE IT!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Hope you get it soon and post many hand shots!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just utterly heavenly! I love absolutely everything about it!

Can't wait for hand shots!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I said in your other thread I just love it. I am so glad there is no white metal in sight! I can't wait to see your own photos.

Then stone looks huge in that, what finger size is it?

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful. :appl: :love:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is just perfect!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pics. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful golden perfection, congrats!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a yummy burst of sunshine! Waiting to see hand pics!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Need more pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really pretty color of yellow! :appl: Very nice!

(I hope they left room to get a brush to the pavilion of the diamond. It is important to be able to clean it with a brush.)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can't wait to see the hand shots. Please come back and share!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is just so beautiful! I love the yellow on yellow! Begging for hand shots, please!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that's gorgeous!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE everything about this. so yummy.

drduncan

Rough_Rock
The centre rock is 1.25ct but is excellent cut and has spot on ratio for looking like a true 1.25ct plus the halo is tight but just big enough to add to the centre Rock..then luckily my partner has quite small hands so the ring is a size 5 - all of which ensure the rock looks as big as possible without looking silly ha

In regards to cleaning of the pavillion, I also hope there is room. I'm actually waiting on more shots of the cutlet/gallery region to clarify how much space there is. You can see its a semi open cutlet so I think it should be ok.

Just awaiting a shipping confirmation and more photos from David today!
He has been so helpful throughout the process. Being a doctor, I'm more than prone to OCD and I'm all about perfection so it's sade to say we spent a total of hours on the phone talking details and ideas. I couldn't be happier with the support he provided, from sourcing the rinf externally and price matching through to advice on setting and colour option through to general help and answering all my questions...which, when buying a very expensive ring from the other side of the world, were abundant haha

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it can be cleaned to me, the donut should be open so you could clean it under the ring, not just from the side.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! I love the soft, warm yellows all around!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The soft shades of yellow and gold of this ring are absolutely yummy! Really beautiful! :love:

I'm just going by the pic, but I think you'll be able to clean the pavilion - I use a thin artist's brush to reach hard-to-reach spots, you should be able to get in there using one.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I just love this look! Very pretty!

Will we see hand shots? :naughty:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is drop dead gorgeous. David did good. :love: :appl:

drduncan

Rough_Rock
Hand shots will come!
The ring is in transit via FedEx and looks like it will get here either Friday...or sit in their warehouse until Monday :( I so hope I can arrange to pick it up on Friday.

Then, the big question is set to take place in about 3 weeks from now in Chidorigafuchi Park, Tokyo during their cherry blossom festival.
If you don't know how magical this scenario looks, Google it. You won't be disappointed.
I will have my SLR handy at the time and will be sure as can be to get some nice shots on the spot (if she says yes and puts the ring on ha)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, can't wait to see your pictures.

LouMom

Rough_Rock
Magic indeed! So lovely!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely STUNNING. So rich and sophisticated -- she will be the envy of all her friends, for sure! I LOOOVVVEEEE this ring!! You and your FF have amazing taste!! (makes me want a yellow stone in YG soooo bad!!) :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F A B U L O U S!!!! :appl: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am blown away by how gorgeous this ring is. Can't wait to see more! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results