shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow OEC with or without a certificate

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

After meeting with Ginger and Poppy yesterday, I have now got my next project firmly in mind. Thanx again to Ginger for helping me out. I am now in search of a yellow OEC or a w-z colour OEC around the 5.5-5.8mm range, and getting a few vendors to look out for me.

There was one with a GIA certificate, but the vendor stated that they would set it differently to what my project requires and promptly state that the diamond is not for me. LOL. Ok then... will continue looking... time to save more money, i say!!!!!

So, there is another vendor who has a ton of these colours but they do not have certification. is that something reasonable to expect or do i wait till i find one that comes with a certificate. Is a certificate that important in this size for an OEC?

thanx in advance.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Requested for change to Rocky talk. Was in the wrong forum. Oops.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't think the certificate is important in a stone of that size and at the bottom of the color ladder as long as you know what similar graded stones sell for. What matters is the beauty of the diamond and you can see that with your eyes.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have purchased an OEC and an antique cushion in the last 2 months. Below is my thoughts on vendors.

JbEG- I think they are great if they already have the diamond that you want. I haven't found them to be fantastic at being able to source diamonds for me. However I know others have so I wouldn't cross them on the list. Most of their diamonds are certed or they will cert for you.

Perry at LM- He always responds quickly to email however the first time he had nothing for me to look at in the style/ price range/ color I wanted. The second time he only gave me 1 option that really wasn't at all the facet pattern I wanted. Plus it was too small. He was nice, but I didn't get the warm fuzzies. Everything will be certed.

Sarah at GOG- Very nice on email but no options. I'm pretty sure all their diamonds are certed

Adam at OWD- Quick on email and had several options. He let me look at them on video within 24 hours. Offered to source in other stones within 3 days. Many options with good price range. Mostly uncerted but he can take them to GIA (in his building) for $100 a carat and get them certed for you. probably not worth it for an OEC, but if you want the option it is there. I'm not sure of pricing on EGL which is what I would want for an old cut.

Anyhow those are the vendors I would contact about finding a yellowish OEC. Goodluck! As DS already stated I personally wouldn't need a cert with a dimaond that low in color. Just a good appraiser.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In looking for you, I sound this beautiful more brownish tone one! I really prefer it over yellow, personally! And nice price for over a carat, too. Not sure it would work color-wise for the setting you are planning, but at least worth clicking the link!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9828/

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1358557101|3359226 said:
In looking for you, I sound this beautiful more brownish tone one! I really prefer it over yellow, personally! And nice price for over a carat, too. Not sure it would work color-wise for the setting you are planning, but at least worth clicking the link!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9828/

Yes- yummy, yummy, yummy!!

I think the colour would work but it is a bit large for what i would like to do. Did i just write that on PS- it is a bit big???? Waiting, waiting... i am still here, there is no lightning that has struck me down!!! LOL

thanx for looking!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1358556314|3359215 said:
I have purchased an OEC and an antique cushion in the last 2 months. Below is my thoughts on vendors.

JbEG- I think they are great if they already have the diamond that you want. I haven't found them to be fantastic at being able to source diamonds for me. However I know others have so I wouldn't cross them on the list. Most of their diamonds are certed or they will cert for you.

Perry at LM- He always responds quickly to email however the first time he had nothing for me to look at in the style/ price range/ color I wanted. The second time he only gave me 1 option that really wasn't at all the facet pattern I wanted. Plus it was too small. He was nice, but I didn't get the warm fuzzies. Everything will be certed.

Sarah at GOG- Very nice on email but no options. I'm pretty sure all their diamonds are certed

Adam at OWD- Quick on email and had several options. He let me look at them on video within 24 hours. Offered to source in other stones within 3 days. Many options with good price range. Mostly uncerted but he can take them to GIA (in his building) for $100 a carat and get them certed for you. probably not worth it for an OEC, but if you want the option it is there. I'm not sure of pricing on EGL which is what I would want for an old cut.

Anyhow those are the vendors I would contact about finding a yellowish OEC. Goodluck! As DS already stated I personally wouldn't need a cert with a dimaond that low in color. Just a good appraiser.

Thanx Sarah! MUch appreciated. Adam has been a bit slow off the mark for me.... will see what he comes up with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results