shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold Watch-need opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
HI-

Hoping the fine watch experts can chime in with some advice. What is the best looking, yet lightest weight yellow gold watch? I own a SS JLC that I love so searching forever to find something different--- not another JLC. I love Cartier and own a mid-sized two tone Roadster... but it is very heavy. i tried on small versions of the yellow gold Cartier's and something about the color of the all yellow gold (the tank, etc.) looks weird to me.

The only other one that I can find is a Rolex. ANY OTHER favorites BESIDES Rolex that look cool and classic in all yellow gold? (with metal bracelet, not leather band)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 12:05:13 PM
Author:Green with Envy
HI-

Hoping the fine watch experts can chime in with some advice. What is the best looking, yet lightest weight yellow gold watch? I own a SS JLC that I love so searching forever to find something different--- not another JLC. I love Cartier and own a mid-sized two tone Roadster... but it is very heavy. i tried on small versions of the yellow gold Cartier''s and something about the color of the all yellow gold (the tank, etc.) looks weird to me.

The only other one that I can find is a Rolex. ANY OTHER favorites BESIDES Rolex that look cool and classic in all yellow gold? (with metal bracelet, not leather band)
I like the look of Omega constillations in yellow gold or two tone.Also Baume Mercier is a favorite in yellow gold for a dressier more traditional look.Of course Pateks always look great in any color!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Patek?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 5:37:19 AM
Author: Imdanny
Patek?
Patek Philippe.(The best watch made)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m not greedy. i''ll take a Patek 5054 in YG.
30.gif

http://patekref.watchprosite.com/?show=photo&fi=597&imgid=29812&msid=272342&ti=302531&pi=1969956

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
be still my heart... Sure- but the Patek price makes the rolex seem like a 99 cent shop purchase!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
now your talkin!
30.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks... are you buying??? ;-)

What is the difference with self-winding vs. an automatic watch? i noticed the nicest Patek''s are manual or self winding- but that would drive me crazy if I had to wind myself every 2 days. My cartier automatic in the watch winder box is enough maintenance for moi.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 8:28:20 PM
Author: Green with Envy
Thanks... are you buying??? ;-)

What is the difference with self-winding vs. an automatic watch? i noticed the nicest Patek''s are manual or self winding- but that would drive me crazy if I had to wind myself every 2 days. My cartier automatic in the watch winder box is enough maintenance for moi.
the two terms are pretty much interchangable.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Double post.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'd rather have a Philippe Dufour myself re: the Patek link.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 1:18:58 PM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 6/10/2009 5:37:19 AM

Patek?
Patek Philippe.(The best watch made)

It wasn''t a question. It was a suggestion.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 12:02:39 AM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 6/8/2009 12:05:13 PM

Author:Green with Envy

HI-

Hoping the fine watch experts can chime in with some advice. What is the best looking, yet lightest weight yellow gold watch? I own a SS JLC that I love so searching forever to find something different--- not another JLC. I love Cartier and own a mid-sized two tone Roadster... but it is very heavy. i tried on small versions of the yellow gold Cartier''s and something about the color of the all yellow gold (the tank, etc.) looks weird to me.

I like the look of Omega constillations in yellow gold or two tone.Also Baume Mercier is a favorite in yellow gold for a dressier more traditional look.Of course Pateks always look great in any color!

I see. I didn''t read your post before I posted. Sorry!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
OP, if you're considering on the level of Cartier, JLC, and Rolex, and you are narrowing it down to yellow gold watches with yellow gold bracelets, you should probably look at Patek, AP, and VC, and every other company's offerings and prices, before making a decision. Since your criteria include "any" other brands, you should probably do some research vis a vis the complete catalogs of each brand. You are not looking for a watch that is common or easy to find, if you want to keep it on the level of even Rolex or higher quality. If you want a mid-market watch that happens to be gold, then you will have more choices, although I would not recommend any of them. I do not think that mid-market watches represent good value. Good luck.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 2:54:44 AM
I''d rather have a Philippe Dufour myself re: the Patek link.
Dufour is a one man show. the customer will need to put down 1/3 of the $$$ plus a 7 yr waiting period for the Simplicity.
23.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 5:54:38 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 6/10/2009 7:56:20 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/10/2009 6:49:26 PM
be still my heart... Sure- but the Patek price makes the rolex seem like a 99 cent shop purchase!
here ya go
2.gif

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Patek-Philippe/Complications-Annual-Calendar/4937r-001.html
DF, I just love this Lady Patek too! What a beautiful back casing!!
30.gif
megeve
that Patek would look so nice on your wrist.
2.gif
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire,

It's one of those "I could kick myself" things. When he first started selling them the wait was only something around a year and he was selling them for 24k! I wish I would have bought one and kept it in a vault (I wouldn't wear it everyday, although I know some of the owners do). Last I knew he was getting I can't remember the exact number but it was something like 44k. I love his work though, even though I've only ever seen pictures.
1.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 6:54:50 PM

Date: 6/11/2009 5:54:38 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 6/10/2009 7:56:20 PM

Date: 6/10/2009 6:49:26 PM
here ya go
2.gif

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Patek-Philippe/Complications-Annual-Calendar/4937r-001.html
DF, I just love this Lady Patek too! What a beautiful back casing!!
30.gif
megeve
that Patek would look so nice on your wrist.
2.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I took a look at Prestige Time. I haven''t in years. Whoa. Watches have become expensive. I paid $2,200 for my MUT and I negotiated this price with an AD based on Prestige Time''s price at the time. It''s now $4,100.
6.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 3:18:02 AM
I took a look at Prestige Time. I haven''t in years. Whoa. Watches have become expensive. I paid $2,200 for my MUT and I negotiated this price with an AD based on Prestige Time''s price at the time. It''s now $4,100.
6.gif
5 yrs ago a PP 5054 in YG was selling for $12,700... should of bought it then !!
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 1:35:28 AM
Dancing Fire,

It''s one of those ''I could kick myself'' things. When he first started selling them the wait was only something around a year and he was selling them for 24k! I wish I would have bought one and kept it in a vault (I wouldn''t wear it everyday, although I know some of the owners do). Last I knew he was getting I can''t remember the exact number but it was something like 44k. I love his work though, even though I''ve only ever seen pictures.
1.gif
back then Dufour had a Grande Sonnerie for sale at 55K

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

I didn''t know that. That''s incredible.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yo-- you watch lovers... finally decided on my choice for yellow gold watch. Your awesome suggestions were a tad out of my price range and so many of the ones I tried on were too big and heavy. but awesome to view!

But now i need help...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/experts-on-versions-of-cartier-panthere-watch.120355/

Any links to reputable used watch dealers are also appreciated.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results