shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold lovers, please suggest band

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've gone back and forth about resetting my ering for the 2nd time, but there are times when I still love it, and I can't find any other YG pieces settings I like. Can you please suggest an alternate to my wedding band that I can wear with the ering? I was thinking of a 2mm fishtail pave band, with a brushed finish, but am asking here because you guys always have great ideas. (I am thinking of getting a matte finish on the ering because that was the original finish it came with.) My husband and I are both on board to do this, so that is not an issue.

DSCN1903crop2.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think even just a basic rounded 2mm band would look really good and modern with that ring. And I have seen the pictures of it with the brushed finish and think it looks good either way. The brushed finish is certainly more unique.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of the brushed/matte finish - very different! What about a hammered ring (no, not one that's had too much to drink on a friday night!! :lol: ) I know there is a Paloma Picasso on on the Tiffany site that has a few diamonds set with it.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP04660&mcat=148210&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+287466-r+101323351+101288189-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

You don't have to go to Tiffany (oh! the horror!! lol!) but perhaps another PS vendor has a similar concept.
Just a little 'outside the box' thinking!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Or something along the Tiff etoile line would look nice. I've seen scattered diamond bands on quite a few sites & I'm sure a jeweler would do a brushed finish for you if you ask.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Just a word of caution on the brushed finish. I have an 18K yellow gold ring that had a brushed finish. With daily wear, the finish wore off, leaving me with a polished gold look. The brushed finish really did enhance the sparkle of the diamonds, but it didn't work out as a practical, everyday finish for me.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know lotus. Thanks for sharing. I just assumed the matte was un polished and would remain so with a patina that would enhance the matte look.

Who knew?? :?:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lotus99|1327626933|3112645 said:
Just a word of caution on the brushed finish. I have an 18K yellow gold ring that had a brushed finish. With daily wear, the finish wore off, leaving me with a polished gold look. The brushed finish really did enhance the sparkle of the diamonds, but it didn't work out as a practical, everyday finish for me.

I agree. I had a brushed finish on this that showed every scratch. Quest did a high polish on it, and when I went to pick it up, I decided to keep it that way even though they offered to fix it while I waited.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results