shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold erings

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't come over here much since I'm married for 34 years, but I'm seeing more yg settings coming up in RT and SMTB. Just wondering how you younger ladies are feeling about yg these days??? My rings are all yg because it compliments my skin and in 1979 no one wore white gold. Our grandmothers had platinum. Is it still dated or are you thinking about it?

Jamiesue

Rough_Rock
I always wear yellow gold jewelry (I am 27) I am going to get a rose gold e-ring. :) I like yellow gold because I wear alot of emeralds. I prefer the rose gold for my e-ring because I think it doesn't distract from the center stone. In my opinion white gold takes away and washes diamonds out. I also have very light skin and do no prefer the look. Maybe I am just unusual :twirl:

SouthernSunset

Rough_Rock
I really like yg, but honestly probably wouldn't for my ering, not unless the yg fit that one particular piece perfectly and it had a WG or platinum head(assuming its a diamond).

I really like yg on gemstones, certain blues, greens, reds, certain purples - it gives off a royalty vibe. I love rose gold too. Probably a little more than yg.

I'd say its more popular than it was, but all the erings of my known circle are still platinum or WG.

ETA: Correction, my bff has a yg ering! I just forgot because she doesn't wear it often as she isn't fond of rings really. She didn't even want an ering but it was given to her by her FI mother, an heirloom from her FI's late grandmother, so she wears it out of respect on ocassion/when they're around.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I'm Finnish and here it's traditional and still very popular choice to go for yg although wg is also common among younger people. I really do like yellow and rose gold and I loooove the traditional Finnish yg that a beautiful rosy tone. Unfortunately yg and rg both look "muted" on my skin so I opted for platinum.

I have a theory that one of the reasons why Finns generally go for yg and the young (I'm talking 15-20 year olds) seem to favor rg is that most of us have very very light skin with a very faint pinkish undertone which really makes warmer tones pop! My skin tone is light to medium with yellow undertones and my FI whose skin tone is vampire (so light that he will burst in to flames in direct sunlight :lol: ) can rock both yg and rg.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I love yellow gold! It looks great on my skin and my RHR is yellow gold. When it came down to choosing my e-ring, I told the jeweler I wanted yellow gold, but he shook it off and said that my stone would look yellow... even though it's an F, perhaps the pear cut would pick up more color than a round? Idk, there are a lot of things I regret not standing my ground about, but whatever. :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Can I post a ring in here that's not an e-ring? It's to show how white a diamond can look in YG.

flippingdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Yellow gold is the only thing my parents has gotten me throughout the years. Since I was a baby, I was decked out in yellow gold and to this day, my parents will occasionally buy me yellow gold bangle bracelets. There are times they have gotten me yellow gold necklaces and even a couple white gold necklaces but I hardly ever wear necklaces. My mothers new wedding ring is in white gold but she wear both white and yellow gold. I am looking for erings and I think I want to do a two tone ring.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in my 30s and love wearing yellow gold. When deciding on an engagement ring, I did not let current trends dictate my preference for metal. I don't regret going with yellow gold at all.

I'm no longer a LIW, just got married two weeks ago. :)

For reference, my OEC is an I/J and looks super white against the yg, imo.

beach.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 24. My w band is a rolling ring so all gold colors. And when I got my diamond it was temporarily set in a yellow gold solitaire. I loved it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings ladies!

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread, but your ring is gorgeous! :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I like yellow diamonds and most colored gems in yellow gold but white diamonds with white gold or platinum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results