shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold 18k 14k 10k color mixes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All, I've been having a bit of a predicament trying to match gold color to my e-ring even though it is 18k it doesn't match even my other 18k rings...lol (I didn't want to go custom with my designer) so I contacted e-weddingbands.com for a picture of their gold bands. Jillian over at e-weddingbands.com there has been AMAZING! and just took a quick picture for me. Anyhow, I thought I'd share this picture and maybe it might help you see some of the differences in purities but this is ONLY from e-weddingbands.com. Anyways, if you have any pictures to share with your gold color and/or from other vendors, please feel free to share.

GoldColordt1.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T-

I love yellow gold and I love threads about gold color. I welcome any pictures anyone has to post to the thread. I just want to say a word of warning. We all have different monitors so we all may be seeing different things.

In addition, the color shown in photographs is dependent on things besides the color of the gold. The way that the picture is taken; the light; the way it is put onto the computer all affect the way that the color looks.

A photo like the one you posted above that shows three rings at once is certainly more useful than a photo of one ring alone, but it still has some limitations.

AGBF
34.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, most likely we're all going to see some variance, its nice to have some idea as well to see the difference in purity levels. I know vendors will also have differences in contents as well, Some of those *stock* photos on many websites don't give you an idea either on how it could potentially come out...lol so I had to ask for an actual ring photoshoot
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To be considered a certain karatage, an alloy must contain a certain percentage of gold. The rest may be any of a range of metals, generally including copper, silver and, perhaps, a few others for working characteristics. The exact alloy composition is actually quite variable, ranging from green to pink gold, as well as more exotic colours. However, even if we consider yellow gold, there really isn''t an exact composition. In other words, the colour of yellow gold can vary even within the same purity.

Could you contact the original vendor? He is the person most likely to be able to match your ering. Other than that, I would also recommend looking at rings in person to colour match. Between lights, monitors and cameras, it all gets too complicated.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Interesting to see those photos, but as LD said there are factors that can make even the same purity level looking differently depending on the alloy. Of course it''s safe to say that, generally, the lower the purity, the lower is the color saturation (if talking about YG), so lower karatages mostly look more champagne-ish i.e. brownish shade of yellow, and higher ones look more of a pure yellow color.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I have two 22K rings, they look very different, and two 18k WG rings, one of which looks gunnmetal grey! Amazing how much variance there can be...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 2:23:25 AM
Author: reader
I have two 22K rings, they look very different, and two 18k WG rings, one of which looks gunnmetal grey! Amazing how much variance there can be...
Can you post pics please?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Sure thing, tomorrow when there is some daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results