shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow diamonds pricing - newbie question!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
What is the average price difference (in %) between ''Very Light Yellow'' (N-R) and ''Light Yellow'' (S-Z) colored diamonds?
Is ''Light Yellow'' much cheaper than ''Very Light Yellow''?
Thank you!
35.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting question. I always thought the deeper or more intense the color, the greater the price per carat.
I think David from RDC might be able to shed some light on this subject since he''s done a lot of deals in fancy coloreds...

JDL

Rough_Rock
I am by no means an expert, but you are also going to see a price point break between a "white diamond" with a yellow hue (i.e. sub-Z+) versus diamond that are actually classified as fancy colored diamonds (i.e Fancy Light Yellow, Fancy Yellow, Fancy Intense and Fancy Vivid, etc...).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all! Dmitri, thank you for thinking of us!

Stephan, in general, faint yellow and light yellow diamonds are among the least costly colors in diamonds. There''s little differnce on price between an M color and a S-T ( if any)
In your question you''ve grouped together some grades- such as S-Z. There are differences in the price between a Y-Z and an S-T, but the percentage of difference is relatively small.

Let''s use one carat hypothetical stones as an example.
A "D" is $6000
A "J" is $3000
An "M" is $2000
An S-T is $2000
A Y-Z is $2400
A Fancy Light Yellow is $3500 using this hypothetical table- that''s where you''ll see the largest difference for one grade.
Even if it''s not true that there''s some concrete difference between a Y-Z and a Fancy Light Yellow ( there''s not) the market places a high value on the "F" word ( Fancy)

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi David,
That''s some great information.
Thank you!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

Wink has just posted this one.
It''s gorgeous!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
This may be a stupid question, but if you''re paying the extra$$ for a "fancy" light yellow, is there any difference between a S coloured light yellow diamond and a Fancy S coloured light yellow diamond? Or can they just fling the word fancy on to charge extra?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:18:33 PM
Author: 4ever
This may be a stupid question, but if you''re paying the extra$$ for a ''fancy'' light yellow, is there any difference between a S coloured light yellow diamond and a Fancy S coloured light yellow diamond? Or can they just fling the word fancy on to charge extra?
Fancy begins after Z, so there is no fancy S.
I''m fancy S(tephan).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results