shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow diamond! 1.5 carats. undecided on setting.

ccynthia

Rough_Rock
Finally found a yellow diamond at 1.5 carats at a reasonable price. but undecided on the setting. which appeals more to you?

Bottom right is a 2 carat diamond, lovely setting thou.

_3941.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Top right appeals to me - no air line (you may be just sitting the diamond on top, so that could explain the first pic showing the airline...) and the bottom right - but that's the larger stone. I like the look of a round stone in a squared halo setting.

What do the galleries look like in all 4? And the prongs? And the quality/ setting of the melee on the shank? To me, those are also the little details that mean a lot and help decide which to select.

Are these stock settings you will end up buying or is this to decide what you like then go custom from there?

lemondrops

Rough_Rock
I agree with Enerchi where top right looks best. If you're looking into custom, I would advise researching a bit more (gaps around the halo, quality of melee, size of melee, etc) as I had my own issues picking a halo setting the first time around.. :(sad Best of luck, looking forward to final pictures!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the top left one.

ccynthia

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! they r stock settings n to be further customised depending on the diamond. will keep all the feedback in mind during the process. you guys r the best!

the bottom right setting is pretty, but everyone said that it wont be as shiny as compared to the others. n i cant visualise how it will really look like on my finger with a smaller diamond.

Here is the side photo of the bottom right.

img-20130221-wa0006.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely but more as an occasional ring, for my taste, because of the height. The bottom right one will be bumped and hit a lot, putting it at risk of damage. Unless its an occasional RHR... then ... ignore that! :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful. I would factor in your lifestyle for choosing the right setting for you.

I chose my setting for functionality - bezel to protect my diamond, and channel set melee half way around the band so that I don't have to worry about bonking my ring and losing melee. My intentions were to wear my ring every day, and I am super accident prone. Surprise diamond because I didn't plan on pairing my e-ring with a wedding band on the same hand.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I honestly like the bottom right one the best!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I would really need close ups to be definitive. I would knock out the left top and bottom, though. Can you provide lots of closeups of your diamond, please? :cheeky:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccynthia|1361628852|3388487 said:
Thanks for the replies! they r stock settings n to be further customised depending on the diamond. will keep all the feedback in mind during the process. you guys r the best!

the bottom right setting is pretty, but everyone said that it wont be as shiny as compared to the others. n i cant visualise how it will really look like on my finger with a smaller diamond.

Here is the side photo of the bottom right.

Why?

ccynthia

Rough_Rock
Not as shiny due t the bezel setting. i think i wont b settling for this diamond since theres no gia cert but only a local cert.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results