shape
carat
color
clarity

Yeah... Another Happy GOG/UDIS customer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Qoo88

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Firstly my thanks to all past/present pricescope contributors. Especially for those detailed lengthy sharing of their experiences... its really helps all the other guys going down this road.

For me, it all started with your typical B&M experience... and from where I come from (Singapore) the service is well poor to outright bad... its like they are paying you to buy the stone, real attitude issue. Nevermind the higher price.

It was a leap of faith for me to purchase over the Internet, especially from so far away. I checked out quite a no. of Web Sites.. all over, but I like GOG's best. Especially their detailed reporting and test published on every diamond they sell. BTW, GOG's email is preety hot, so don't expect an immediate immediate reply.. :razz: I guess Jonathan and Gang must get tons of email.

GOG/UDIS are not the only ones out there with detailed reporting.. but they lead the way.. especially with their detailed reporting on the areas of clarity and DEFECTS. I am quite picky, and wanted a stone that was almost table clean... so I was really surfing all over looking for such a stone. I acutally missed a couple of stones, that were sold.. :razz:

You really need to keep hunting/searching around, the good triple VH+ , table clean stones don't lie around for long. :bigsmile:

Also of real assistance is Garry's HCA. It helps me to narrow down the search to what I was looking for. To be honest, I have never really seen a super-ideal cut diamond.. but I have seen many diamonds worn that look er.. well ok 'nice'.

Just received the shipment from Fedex a few moments ago... and what can I say? Yeah! PPL, there is a REAL DIFFERENCE in an IDEAL CUT diamond. At first glance, hmm certainly looks sparkly. Then I noticed the 'dark' spots.. and looks like.. oh yes, scintillation. When you move the stone around it sort of just er.. hard to describe, something like molten mercury. It actually seems to sparkle brighter in low light condition. You really need to see a stone in natural light condition, not under the super daybright spot lamps of a Jewelry store.

If you place the stone in bright sunlight, it actually hurts your eyes.. :)

I got a J color stone and was worried whether it would look good in Plat. I kind of ask Rhino about this and he commented that he would set it in Plat. It might not be an icy D color, but with the amount of light return.. it look well just colorless to me.. :) I have compared it to a Cubic Zirconia and actually seem to prefer a slightly warmer color. Most important of all is the CUT.

Special thanks also to Christen for all her help in the follow-up and Marie too.. :)

God Bless Everyone,
Adrian

http://www.goodoldgold.com/_80ct_j_vs1_h&a.htm

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Qoo88, Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations with your diamond!

:appl:

Jonathan, good job :)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the kind words. Christen posted the pics of the finished ring there for ya and we removed the price in case you wanted to show family and friends the diamond and how beautiful the ring is without telling them too many details. ;-)

Congrats on your engagement. You too were a pleasure to do business with.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
aka Rhino

Qoo88

Rough_Rock
Just... a minor follow up.

I received many anxious emails from other prospective Singapore based buyers. Any problems with Customs/Tax, so on and so forth...

Well... "Render unto Caeser, what belongs to Caesar"

You just need to pay the GST, that's all. Don't worry the courier service will forward to you the GST bill at a later stage... (at least in my case).

Finally, for the really kiasu Singaporeans who's worried about buying from the web... then pls don't buy from the Internet. Go and buy from our many many mall shops with their 'discounted' prices and 'superior' service... :razz:

I do not know Jonathan personally or even the GOG staff (Christen/Marie) that I dealt with. But I can say, that its has been a satisfying experience dealing with them.

Merry Xmas to All.. :wavey:
Adrian

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Adrian! :wavey:

Merry Christmas to you too friend. Hope all is well in Singapore. We've had quite a few calls from there since your post to. Just curious Adrian, what % is the GST that they hit ya up with. All our clients from overseas tell us that even with the GST, the quality diamond they got for the money was still well worth the transaction compared to what's being offered for the money there.

Kind regards and I'll pass on your kind words to Christen and Marie. They work very hard and without them I'd crumble. Your post will really make their day. :)

Peace,
Jonathan

DNA_Cyan

Rough_Rock
:bigsmile:

I think i might be one of those irritating guys that sent an e-mail to Adrian.

I'm actually a big fan on e-shopping. when i was in staying in canada, i buy so many things over the net, and I think e-bay is absolutely great :cheeky:

but i guess the case here is that I am in singapore, and being so far away, claims or returns would be a big hassle if anything were to go wrong, also, we all know that credit cards companies (banks) dun give a hoot about the consumers in this part of the world. If you get screwed, its more like "well.....too bad....sux to be you" kinda thing. (not all the time, but it happens frequently)

if north america, if you get screwed, just make some noise to the credit card comapny, and show some valid proof or something, and they'll most likely yank your cash back.

so i guess, I'm just hoping to get some verbal assurance on the validity of buying from the states when i'm located in singapore. :praise:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A safe route DNA is to have a good professional jeweler pre-screen any diamond you're going to consider purchasing. Find out as many pros and cons as possible. Have them then send it to an appraiser of your choice here in the states (for that added assurance) then shipped to you in Singapore. We've had many clients take this route for that extra peace of mind.

Regards,
Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino and Adrian--GORGEOUS RING!!! Beautiful stone..love the setting. :love:

So out of curiousity, is the 'octet' meant to refer to the prongs? Is that what it is typically called when there are 4 prongs split into 8 smaller? I'd been loosely calling it 'split-prong'. That is a look I saw recently that I loved, and we are considering for our setting, which we most likely will have made..since I haven't seen anything existing that I really want yet. Shed some light on this if you would! :)

THX

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes indeed Mara. The Octet gets it's name from the 8 prongs holding the diamond. I have to admit I was a little bit afraid that the prongs would overwhelm the diamond but after completing the ring saw that it was fine.

Here are some other pictures we've taken (or I should say my assistant Christen has taken) of the Octet and the various styles they come in.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/octet.htm

If you have any other questions about em don't hesitate to ask. Stuller rings are carried by jewelry stores all over so you're sure to find a local who can get it too. For further inquiries should you want to do that you can contact them at www.stuller.com.

Here is a link to Stullers Octet page.

http://www.stuller.com/ekart/catalog.asp?action=displayProdGrp&categoryID={7DDC5144-6E34-40AC-8AC8-AB2FDC81CCFA}

Peace,
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results