shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay, my wedding photos are here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! I am so happy! Our photographer posted our wedding photos! I just wanted to share with you all, especially since you were all so kind and helpful through my loooong dress search and my many other wedding-related threads. To recap, our venue was a old manor in the D.C. area. We only invited about 40 people and both our ceremony and reception were on the grounds. It rained and drove us inside at the end, but it was no big deal, because we were just about ready to head out to get on the boat for the second part of the reception, which included dessert and drinks on the boat as we sailed the Potomac River. The rain cleared up about half an hour after we got to the boat and we were able to enjoy the cruise. It was such an amazing day. I was SO nervous before the ceremony. I literally was shaking during the ceremony because I was so nervous to stand in front of everyone and have them stare at us. But as soon as it was done, we were just beaming with happiness for the rest of the evening. I am so thrilled with the photos too, because the day went by so fast and the pics really help me experience all the details I missed and enjoy the good moments all over again. Okay, I''ll stop babbling now and post some pics. :)

First, here is my bouquet (on the left) and my sister''s (my only bridesmaid and MOH) on the right. My bouquet was sooo beautiful, but HUGE. I couldn''t fit my hand all the way around the stems, so I kind of had to hug it in order to hold it.

kb0622bouquets.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And here is DH''s boutonniere. It was really cool. He wasn''t big on having a flowery one, and I just love succulents, so we went with one and I love how it turned out!

kb0622boutonniere.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5!!!!!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:52:09 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5!!!!!!!
Totally doing the same thing! (sorry to interrupt FF)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
This is my dad and me waiting before the ceremony. My veil turned out to be very long because I decided to just have them bustle my dress at the store and wear it that was the whole night. I loved the creative bustle that they did at the store. I think I have a better pic of it somewhere.

kb0622waiting.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
This one is also before the ceremony, and it shows the back of my sister''s BM dress. We had to just pick something in stock for her at the last minute because we ran out of time to order and I love how it looked on her. She looked really beautiful, but I am not sure she''d want me posting her face, so I''m afraid you''ll just see the dress. :)

kb0622preceremony.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. I love the bouquet (you know how I feel about your gown). Your sister''s dress is lovely! And the photography is already wonderful... but I''m hitting refresh as fast as I can cause I just want to see so much more! I''m so excited. I''ve been waiting for your wedding pics on pins and needles!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this shot of the ceremony because it shows the flower balls that I had the florist put together. I had seen something similar in a magazine years ago and just fell in love with them. We had them done with green mums.

kb0622ceremony.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
My sister did a reading of my favorite Shakespearean sonnet during the ceremony. And this pic shows the front of her dress. The dress was totally not what I originally wanted (I wanted grass green with straps), but this was something she thought she would wear again and it was perfect for her style.

kb0622mohdress.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a good overall shot of the back patio of the venue, where the reception was held after the ceremony.

kb0622venue.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
We did really heavy appetizers, both stations and passed, instead of a sit-down dinner. Here is one of the stations. Each station had a theme. There was a Latin station with tapas and mojitos, a raw bar with a vodka louge, and a Southern station with southern-style food and mint juleps. I think this was the Southern station. Yum!

kb0622appetizers.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And this was a tuna ceviche type thing with fresh guac. It was soooo delicious!

kb0622ceviche.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
These were the tall arrangements we did for the stations. They had sliced limes in the base. Our florist did a great job.

kb0622tallarrangement.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
These were the tables for seating. You can see the rain starting to sneak up on us.

kb0622tables.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
On each table was a flower arrangement and a rotating photo frame. The frames had a mixture of photos from our engagement shoot and pics of each of us as children.

kb0622photos.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I hope I am not boring you all with all the details pics, but I think you all are way more likely to appreciate the little details than most people. :) Here is the ice louge from the raw bar station. They totally surprised us with the coolest glasses to go with the ice louge. You can see them in the pic if you look close. The glasses were made of ICE! It was SO cool! I''ve never seen that before. Our caterer really impressed me.

kb0622icelouge.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
After the ceremony, I switched the veil out for feather hair pins. I think this pic shows the bustle better too.

kb0622dressback.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
We did some photos of us together in the gardens. The manor had the nicest gardens. I was so glad to see that some of the flowers were in bloom.

kb0622gardens.jpg

winston26

Shiny_Rock
Oh how beauuuutiful! Everything looks great, and you''re right--that bustle is super cool!
And your photographer rocks! I''m very jealous!! More, more......

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably one of my favorite photos from the evening. This was right as it started to really rain and the wind really picked up. I am so pleased with our photographer...she was really great in every way.

kb0622kiss.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
We had to dash inside to avoid getting soaked. I had purchased some cute paper parasols to decorate. They came in really handy!

kb0622umbrellas.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, everything is gorgeous!! I love that last photo too!!
Everything is lovely. Your dress was amazing. I don''t remember seeing the bustle before. I love it!!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:26:14 PM
Author: FacetFire
We did some photos of us together in the gardens. The manor had the nicest gardens. I was so glad to see that some of the flowers were in bloom.
30.gif
This photo belongs in a magazine somewhere
30.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s fun shot from when we were all still inside the boat because it was still raining.

kb0622boat.jpg

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
THOSE ARE SO GORGEOUS! I have been waiting for you to post your photos, and I''m so glad I checked in tonight! Everything looks perfect - simply amazing. Yay!

(We are going to have to talk about your fitness regime whilst eating greasy fish on Saturday! I need some gym tips - you look incredible!)
9.gif

NoID

Rough_Rock
FacetFire, everything looks so amazing...you looked absolutely gorgeous! And those arms, and back! Beautiful.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the last shot for now. We were able to go out on the top outdoor deck of the boat for the last hour or so of the cruise. It all turned out better than I ever could have imagined. Sorry for all the small pics and back shots, but I am never sure of putting our faces up.

I hope you all enjoy the pics! Sorry for putting so many up...once I got going it was hard to stop! :)

kb0622boatdeck.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just going to say that! You look so fit! I love it. And everything looked wonderful. I know you posted a lot of pictures already (and yes, we like details) but I want to see more!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:59:24 PM
Author: Gypsy
OMG. I love the bouquet (you know how I feel about your gown). Your sister''s dress is lovely! And the photography is already wonderful... but I''m hitting refresh as fast as I can cause I just want to see so much more! I''m so excited. I''ve been waiting for your wedding pics on pins and needles!!
Thanks! It really was a gorgeous bouquet. I told her I wanted a more organic look with lots of texture and she definitely gave me what I was hoping for. I am glad you like it! And my sister totally looked stunning. Her make-up, hair, dress, everything. Her boyfriend was able to come and acted as our usher. It was all so wonderful!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:27:27 PM
Author: winston26
Oh how beauuuutiful! Everything looks great, and you''re right--that bustle is super cool!
And your photographer rocks! I''m very jealous!! More, more......
Thanks so much! The bustle was totally an invention of the dress salon. I was so pleased with them. I barely gave them any time to do alterations either because I was just so busy, but they did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results