shape
carat
color
clarity

YAH, I ordered my dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited and completely in love with my dress! It makes me giddy just thinking about it
9.gif
The pictures are horrible, but I don’t care because I love it so much I just wanted to share my news. Sorry, I don’t have any of me – only model and mannequin pics. The sample was in an absolutely stunning two-toned ivory colour which I considered, but I’ve always wanted a white wedding dress so that’s what I ordered. Again, the pictures don’t do the dress justice at all, but I hope you still like it.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I'll be going the strapless route which explains why the pictures are cropped.

Model pic:

Model pic.JPG

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Mannequin pic:

Wedding Dress1.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Back of the dress - the train is bunched up and I didn''t think to spread it out for the picture:

Wedding Dress2.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress, pocahontas! Isn''t it so much fun finding The One?! I hope you get a chance to take some pictures of you in it, eventually- I''d love to see it.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love that dress!! I wish we would have seen something like this for my daughter''s spanish style wedding. I love ruffles and tiers and unique.
36.gif

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
so pretty! and I''ll bet that train is gorgeous spread out with all those lovely ruffles. Congrats and definitely post some pics of you in your dress

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo Congrats on ordering your dress! Can''t wait to see pics of you in it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! I can''t wait to see pics of you in it!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE YOUR DRESS!! It''s so gorgeous!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! But I really want pics of you in it! Congrats on the dress.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, you ladies sure do know how to make a girl smile
9.gif
Thanks for the lovely feedback!

Wishful
– you’re so right - it is soooooo exciting finding the one! I guess it’s true what everyone says about “just knowing” when you put it on. An added bonus is that both my mom and sister love it. They actually gasped when I came out of the change room and said “this is the one”….and trust me, before that point I didn’t think there was a chance in hell all three of us were going to agree on anything - lol.

Miracles
– I love the ruffles, tiers and overall Spanish feel too. This is exactly the look I was going for – I’m part Spanish, my FI is Colombian and we’re getting married in the Dominican Republic. Our ceremony will be a combination of both English and Spanish so I’m so excited to have a dress that is reflective of all these things. Hopefully, I’ll rock my dress the way your daughter did
31.gif

Trinity
– I’m in love with the train so thanks for commenting on it. It’s one of my favorite things about the dress and it looks so pretty bustled too. Too bad I didn’t think to take proper pictures, duh!

Bee, Maisie, Kama, Allycat
– I promise I’ll take pictures when I go in for my first fitting, but that won’t be until Jan/09. Hopefully by then, I’ll also have a really good digital camera.

Okay, enough of my verbal diarrhea…thanks again for your kind words ladies. I really appreciate it!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
OOOhhhhhh its gorgeous! Congrats on finding the one!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yay rufflies! I love ruffles. Can''t wait to see it on ya!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, congrats! it''s beautiful--can''t wait to see pics of you in it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, this dress is FABULOUS. I love it. Can''t wait to see pictures of it on you!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 12:50:42 PM
Author: pocahontas
Oh gosh, you ladies sure do know how to make a girl smile
9.gif
Thanks for the lovely feedback!

Wishful
– you’re so right - it is soooooo exciting finding the one! I guess it’s true what everyone says about “just knowing” when you put it on. An added bonus is that both my mom and sister love it. They actually gasped when I came out of the change room and said “this is the one”….and trust me, before that point I didn’t think there was a chance in hell all three of us were going to agree on anything - lol.
Too funny that you mention that, pocahontas, because I thought the same thing! I almost LOL-ed when I realized that my mom, sister, and I all agreed on something. I was almost afraid to take both of them for that very reason!
11.gif
Congrats again, sweetie!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 4:16:42 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Too funny that you mention that, pocahontas, because I thought the same thing! I almost LOL-ed when I realized that my mom, sister, and I all agreed on something. I was almost afraid to take both of them for that very reason!
11.gif
Congrats again, sweetie!
Yep, isn''t it funny how everyone has a different vision of what “the dress” should look like? You can only imagine how shocked and pleasantly surprised I was when both my mom and sister pointed out this dress to me (another bride had come out in it while I was in the change room). Thanks again wishful! I’m so excited for you and your FI too!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Jules, SunnyD, Kim and Kitty – thank you so much! Everyone’s got me so excited I want to go back to the store and take pictures now
3.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
holly bajebus that is GORGEOUS! I can''t wait to see pics of it on you! It''s stunning!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Pocahontas,

Your dress is B E A U T I F U L !!!!

If I may ask, do you live in the US? I love wedding dresses by Madeline Gardner but she primarily sells her private line in Europe and S. America. Did you find your dress in a US salon?

LL

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!!! Like the bubble hem a LOT! Congratulations :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pocahontas, it is gorgeous!!! I love it! I can''t wait to see it on you, yay, sweetheart
36.gif
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is so pretty!!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
ILTW - thanks! You inspired me to get my @$$ in gear and find a dress
2.gif
Hmm, only if I could get everything else organized
3.gif

Luvin - thank you! I live in Toronto and got the dress locally, but funny you should ask because the only website I could find a picture of my dress on was one belonging to a store in Poland(?) so I think maybe the store owner ordered from there (?) Are you able to get to Toronto? I would be happy to give you his contact information so you can find out whether they carry a specific dress. Let me know.

Cakeny, PrincessD - thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it!

Skippy - yah, I was hoping you'd chime in
36.gif
You've been so kind to ask about my plans along the way so I wanted you to see my dress. I'm glad you like it - now I can wear it proudly with the skippers stamp of approval
9.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty dress, congratulations! Post pictures soon, would love to see you in it.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Claudinam! I promise I will post pics as soon as I get some; I'm excited for them too - I want to add them to my scrap book
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty dress. The ruffles look fun, I bet it looks great while dancing.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 6:26:58 PM
Author: Addy
Very pretty dress. The ruffles look fun, I bet it looks great while dancing.
Haha - funny you should mention that Addy. I loved my dress so much and didn''t want to take it off that I was "demonstrating" for my mom and sister what the dress will look like when I salsa, merengue and bachata...no seriously, I made it a point to show them how the dress moves differently for each of the three dances
3.gif
19.gif
Anyways, thanks for the kind words!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! It reminds me some of Mandarine''s dress, which was a huge hit from what I understand.

Congratulations on finding "the" dress!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:42:34 PM
Author: musey
Gorgeous!! It reminds me some of Mandarine's dress, which was a huge hit from what I understand.
Congratulations on finding 'the' dress!!!

Holy crap Musey, I hadn't even realized that, but you're so right
3.gif
I just checked Mandarine's wedding thread and apparently I'm totally channeling her because I’ve always imagined my hair swept back in a low bun and I have always wanted a mantilla for the church and a flower in my hair for the reception – lol! If I end up looking half as beautiful as Mandarine did on her wedding day on my wedding day I’ll be thrilled because she really was quite stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results