shape
carat
color
clarity

yag paraiba color from Tucson show

Ring_obsessed

Rough_Rock
EE374773-2149-49DA-92FD-7B88D0A3F051.png 9751F74E-5FFF-401D-878D-79D148C35F8B.png 02F1582A-4F36-4077-A23E-17579527DCB9.png I posted this in the wrong place, so reposting:

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I found a really beautiful YAG garnet that has a paraiba color from a jeweler I follow on Instagram. It’s 7x9mm emerald cut and 500 dollars. It seems expensive to me for a lab created stone, but I honestly don’t know enough about them. She found them at the Tucson show and I was wondering if anyone had seen them elsewhere. I saw some from rusgems for super cheap online but not sure if rusgems is good or same color/quality. Pictures attached. The color looks different in various lighting so I’ve attached a few pics. Thanks!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ring_obsessed

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I’ve been checking out Gene’s site, and hoping he posts more that I can get my hands on. It seems like his stones go really fast, so I’d love to find someone else who has them as well.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I’ve been checking out Gene’s site, and hoping he posts more that I can get my hands on. It seems like his stones go really fast, so I’d love to find someone else who has them as well.

I actually just got my paraiba colored YAG, from Gene, in the mail. It’s honestly gorgeous. I am totally in love with the color. I haven’t taken any pictures yet but I’ll try to get some up here.

In light of some recent drama, I have a feeling that Gene’s stones may be a little easier to get. That should work in your favor. ;)2

Ring_obsessed

Rough_Rock
I actually just got my paraiba colored YAG, from Gene, in the mail. It’s honestly gorgeous. I am totally in love with the color. I haven’t taken any pictures yet but I’ll try to get some up here.

In light of some recent drama, I have a feeling that Gene’s stones may be a little easier to get. That should work in your favor. ;)2

Ooooohhhh I need to be more active on here so I can be privy to the drama haha but thanks for the info! I’ll keep checking his site.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I think that does seem a little pricey. You could always ask Gene if he would cut you one to order, although it probably depends how busy he is. As @elle_71125 said it might be a good time to try...

Ring_obsessed

Rough_Rock
I think that does seem a little pricey. You could always ask Gene if he would cut you one to order, although it probably depends how busy he is. As @elle_71125 said it might be a good time to try...

Thanks! I’ll ask him. I’m so glad I came on here to get all of your opinions. I knew it felt too expensive so it helps to get some reassurance since I’m new to the lab grown game.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Save your breath - I sent him a message requesting him cutting me one right after he posted one for sale recently and I never received a response at all.
Soooo, me and a group of three others on here ordered some lab paraiba and are having our own stones cut.

Ring_obsessed

Rough_Rock
Save your breath - I sent him a message requesting him cutting me one right after he posted one for sale recently and I never received a response at all.
Soooo, me and a group of three others on here ordered some lab paraiba and are having our own stones cut.

Where did you buy the lab paraiba from?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He responded to me when I asked, but said he's no longer cutting stones on commission (so you have to catch them before they sell out on his website).

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
FYI, I also sent Gene an email request for a custom gem, as they sell so fast. He said he was not taking anymore commissions as it was getting too busy. Shortly after, he sent me an email letting me know that two stones had just hit his shop. I jumped on and bought one right away. He seems very genuine and was very quick to reply to my messages. The stone is breathtaking.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI, I also sent Gene an email request for a custom gem, as they sell so fast. He said he was not taking anymore commissions as it was getting too busy. Shortly after, he sent me an email letting me know that two stones had just hit his shop. I jumped on and bought one right away. He seems very genuine and was very quick to reply to my messages. The stone is breathtaking.

Congrats on snagging one. The color is fantastic, isn't it? :love: Which one did you get?

We need pictures!!!

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
I got the 3.53 ct cushion cut from 2 weeks ago. In my avatar, it's sitting upside down on top of the center diamond. It is seriously the most beautiful stone ever. I'm not how it'll be set, but I'm seriously considering replacing the diamond with it.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I got the 3.53 ct cushion cut from 2 weeks ago. In my avatar, it's sitting upside down on top of the center diamond. It is seriously the most beautiful stone ever. I'm not how it'll be set, but I'm seriously considering replacing the diamond with it.
It sure is pretty.
What are the measurements of the stone? My wife says she wants a cushion cut and yours looks like the perfect size.

Last edited:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I got mine for $400 in 8x8 cushion. I think it was a bit pricey but when I saw the stone I stopped caring lol. It honestly is so beautiful and made the emerald ring on my hand look bad. The blue green is just amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results