shape
carat
color
clarity

Y-Z Diamonds

OneDayMrsH

Rough_Rock
I am in love with yellow diamonds, but most exceed my engagement ring budget for the size I would like.

One day we strolled into a store where a woman told us about w-z "white" diamonds that are more on the yellow side. They had one in the store (way beyond my budget with the stone and setting), which I was equally pleased with as other yellow diamonds I have seen. My mind was blown haha. The woman also mentioned the w-z diamonds can save me thousands compared to buying actual yellow diamonds.

So, I have been trying to find places online that sell loose w-z (preferably y-z) diamonds. I really want to see how much of a price difference they really are, and hopefully p my carat size that will still fit my ring budget.

I have heard of Diamonds by Lauren, but I'd like to know of other sites as well.

Thank you everyone!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I believe GOG does them too.

But I bet the PSers can find what you are looking for if you say what your budget it? Size? Shape?

Many of the vendors have diamonds that are not posted online. It is always worth it to email them and ask what they have in inventory or what they can get.

OneDayMrsH

Rough_Rock
I'd like a .80-1.00ct diamond. Our total budget, including a setting, is $4000. As for the cut, I like any of the square looking cuts, except for princess. I also cannot stand round.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OneDayMrsH|1380657454|3530295 said:
I'd like a .80-1.00ct diamond. Our total budget, including a setting, is $4000. As for the cut, I like any of the square looking cuts, except for princess. I also cannot stand round.

Take a look at JA, they have an emerald cut and quite a few radiant in your budget.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Are you in LA? Athenaworth got her yellow pear halo from Mark Broumand in downtown LA, and the setting is amazing. I'd check out his stuff if you have time!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

OneDayMrsH

Rough_Rock

OneDayMrsH

Rough_Rock
We live in Orange County. So, we are about an hour from LA, but would take the drive for my dream ring.

thediamondshopper

Rough_Rock
Trade
I agree with sb621 alot of the lower color grades do not usually show up in inventory. If you like cushions I would venture to say that you would have a good shot finding something .8-1 SI1-2 Y in your budget. One piece of advice if you are not getting to see the stone in person is to make sure to clarify that it is yellow and not brown as alot of the lower color grades will be brown or brownish. I would also mention that you are looking for a consistent color if that is your preference. Consider setting it in yellow or rose gold, I did a yellow Y cushion not to long ago and it looked fancy when set in yellow gold.

Take a look at Diamonds By Lauren, they have some great fancy stuff, I would call the owner David and ask if he can help you out.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that it's going to be super difficult to find a .8-1ct stone AND a Tiffany Soleste replica setting for $4000 or under. Your best bet is probably to look at stock settings for something close to the Soleste instead of having a vendor custom recreate it for you, and even that might stretch the budget too far. Have you considered setting with a yellow sapphire instead of a yellow diamond? The gurus in CS could help you find a great stone.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
OneDayMrsH|1380775669|3531314 said:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/yellow/radiant-cut/0.92-carat-si2-clarity-sku-118273

Love this stone, but it really eats through my budget! :(

FCD can have very different dimensions. Not all 1ct fancy yellows, for example, will appear the same size when viewing them face up. The one you linked above for instance at .92 actually faces up more like a colorless .7-.75 radiant. This isn't uncommon as FCD are cut for color retention (for obvious reasons) not for optimal light performance. If the face up size of the stone is important to you, then you may also want to consider the stones dimensions along with it's color rather than just it's color and ct weight.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1380795124|3531368 said:
I think that it's going to be super difficult to find a .8-1ct stone AND a Tiffany Soleste replica setting for $4000 or under. Your best bet is probably to look at stock settings for something close to the Soleste instead of having a vendor custom recreate it for you, and even that might stretch the budget too far. Have you considered setting with a yellow sapphire instead of a yellow diamond? The gurus in CS could help you find a great stone.

hard but not impossible

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/yellow/radiant-cut/0.81-carat-vvs2-clarity-sku-243127

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-diamond-split-shank-double-halo-pave-engagement-ring-item-17845

also, where did it say thats the setting you like? didnt see it anywhere

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1380802259|3531399 said:

hard but not impossible

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/yellow/radiant-cut/0.81-carat-vvs2-clarity-sku-243127

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-diamond-split-shank-double-halo-pave-engagement-ring-item-17845

In the OP's tag line...it states that he/she likes the Soleste and that they had previously contacted Diamonds by Lauren but they setting alone was quoted at 3k. OP is hoping for a Soleste replica and diamond within a 4k budget..

OPs tag line...

Someone please help. I suffer from having a champagne taste on a beer budget. I am in love with the Tiffany Soleste yellow diamond ring, but it is way out of our budget! Our budget is $4,000. I'd like to have a replica of the ring within our budget.

I would love my center stone to be very yellow, but I know that's not going to be possible with our budget. So, I was thinking a U-V, W-X, Y-Z, or if possible fancy light yellow for the center. As for the center stone size, I would like it to be 1.00+ct, but the smallest I'd consider is .80ct.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this could be possible and if anyone know of someone who could make a replica for $4000? We live in Southern California, but are not opposed to having the ring made elsewhere.

Diamonds By Lauren is unable to do it because David said the setting alone would be $3000.

Thank you for your help!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1380849031|3531811 said:
Niel|1380802259|3531399 said:

hard but not impossible

In the OP's tag line...it states that he/she likes the Soleste and that they had previously contacted Diamonds by Lauren but they setting alone was quoted at 3k. OP is hoping for a Soleste replica and diamond within a 4k budget..

OPs tag line...

Someone please help. I suffer from having a champagne taste on a beer budget. I am in love with the Tiffany Soleste yellow diamond ring, but it is way out of our budget! Our budget is $4,000. I'd like to have a replica of the ring within our budget.

I would love my center stone to be very yellow, but I know that's not going to be possible with our budget. So, I was thinking a U-V, W-X, Y-Z, or if possible fancy light yellow for the center. As for the center stone size, I would like it to be 1.00+ct, but the smallest I'd consider is .80ct.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this could be possible and if anyone know of someone who could make a replica for $4000? We live in Southern California, but are not opposed to having the ring made elsewhere.

Diamonds By Lauren is unable to do it because David said the setting alone would be $3000.

Thank you for your help!

am i losing my mind?!

this is the OP i see

I am in love with yellow diamonds, but most exceed my engagement ring budget for the size I would like.

One day we strolled into a store where a woman told us about w-z "white" diamonds that are more on the yellow side. They had one in the store (way beyond my budget with the stone and setting), which I was equally pleased with as other yellow diamonds I have seen. My mind was blown haha. The woman also mentioned the w-z diamonds can save me thousands compared to buying actual yellow diamonds.

So, I have been trying to find places online that sell loose w-z (preferably y-z) diamonds. I really want to see how much of a price difference they really are, and hopefully p my carat size that will still fit my ring budget.

I have heard of Diamonds by Lauren, but I'd like to know of other sites as well.

Thank you everyone!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
lol maybe I'm losing mine. The second post from the OP includes a tag line on my screen....you can't see it?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird. I'm not seeing the original post/tag line that Christina reposted. Seeing what Niel posted. If that makes sense. :tongue:

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
OP, if you're looking for a Tiffany Soleste replica with a 0.8-1+ carat yellow (even light yellow) cushion for under 4k, I think you're pushing it. You're looking at a minimum of ~2k for the setting alone.

James Allen has this setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-diamond-split-shank-double-halo-pave-engagement-ring-item-17845
in 14k white gold for $1875

That leaves you ~$2100 for the diamond.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/yellow/radiant-cut/0.80-carat-vs1-clarity-sku-255937
for $1960

for $2220

Those are the two options on James Allen, both at around 0.8 carats. I think you're going to have to aim low in your desired carat weight.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1380849944|3531825 said:
lol maybe I'm losing mine. The second post from the OP includes a tag line on my screen....you can't see it?

Oh! its the tagline? I can never see anyones "quotes" unless I log out and come in as a lurker.... I dont know why, even mine, i only see when im logged out.

so if thats why, then maybe its just hiding from me..

BUT!! Sorry OP, me actually being able to SEE your request isnt important lol... i DO think its doable with that post i made a bit back

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UberClaire|1380850242|3531829 said:
OP, if you're looking for a Tiffany Soleste replica with a 0.8-1+ carat yellow (even light yellow) cushion for under 4k, I think you're pushing it. You're looking at a minimum of ~2k for the setting alone.

James Allen has this setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-diamond-split-shank-double-halo-pave-engagement-ring-item-17845
in 14k white gold for $1875

That leaves you ~$2100 for the diamond.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/fancy-color/yellow/radiant-cut/0.80-carat-vs1-clarity-sku-255937
for $1960

for $2220

Those are the two options on James Allen, both at around 0.8 carats. I think you're going to have to aim low in your desired carat weight.

even though there are only a few that work, im REALLY loving that .81 VVS2! i feel like it would have nice light return, and i like the version of yellow it provides... not as "yellow snow" looking. i think its a more desirable yellow.

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
We have similar taste, OneDayMrsH! Ive been inspired by Soleste too as I design my ring!

Would recommend you look at settings on eBay too. Sometimes you can get a steal and them just work to fit the stone in from there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results